ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Joint Application Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirati
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Joint Application Queries

Post by kirati » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Hello Forum Members,

This is going to be an interesting and challenging query for you guys because of the uniqueness it presents. I apologies if its too challenging.

I am preparing a joint application for Naturalisation. I am a member of HM Forces for over 13 years, still serving. She arrived here on spouse visa on Aug 2007 and has ILR since Mar 2012. I am fully confident that we both are eligible for naturalisation if only I could correctly fill the paperwork.

I have few questions below, easier ones first, please have some patience.

1. Can she apply on the basis of residence OR does it have to be based on dependancy? She worked for two years from 2009 - 2010 but is now a full time housewife.

2. Marriage certificate - does it have to be original?
Background: We have (or had) two marriage certificates. The first is from our local registry office abroad (not in English). The Army looked at it and provided another official marriage certificate in English with same details (not a translation), which I lost but have a photocopy.
Option A - Do I provide the original foreign marriage certificate with official translation? OR
Option B - Ask the Army to provide me another one? OR
Option C - Will the photocopy of the second work?

3. First arrival in the UK - discrepancy.
Background: My PP does not show my first arrival stamp in the UK, which was in Jan 2001. This is because of a unique immigration rules which would be too lengthy to discuss here. I also do not have stamps for many other travels in and out of the country due to the nature of my job.
So, do I still write my original date of arrival in this country? I may be asked to prove it.

4. ILE/ILR confusion.
Background: In Jul 2005 I received Section 8(A) from Home Office which effectively provides me exemption from immigration control. It is simply a Home Office stamp. I do not have any other sticker on my PP.
Will that act as my date of ILE/ILR on Section 1.3 of the AN form?

5. Absent days confusion.
Due to the nature of my job, I frequently deploy outside of this country from Military ports and flights. This is not registered on my PP. Do I have to admit this on Section 2.2 of the AN form?

kirati
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation - Joint Application Queries

Post by kirati » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:58 pm

No reply yet. I know its bit tricky. Apology folks!

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:09 pm

if she is applying as your dependant I would imagine that official Marriage certificate with official translation is mandatory .. photocopies are not valid..

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:25 pm

If you read this doc .. it will answer many of your questions..

Read from 37th page..
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... dments.pdf

kirati
Newly Registered

Post by kirati » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:36 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:If you read this doc .. it will answer many of your questions..

Read from 37th page..
thanks IndiMarshall, this document looks quite useful. I shall endeavour to digest it.
Coming back to my wife's basis of application; can she apply on the basis of residence (5 years stay) alone? Its going to be a joint application anyway. I don't think it will have any significance to her case anyway.
Another minor query - is it true that joint application do not attract additional charges to that of a single application?

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:47 pm

kirati wrote:
IndiMarshall wrote:If you read this doc .. it will answer many of your questions..

Read from 37th page..
thanks IndiMarshall, this document looks quite useful. I shall endeavour to digest it.
Coming back to my wife's basis of application; can she apply on the basis of residence (5 years stay) alone? Its going to be a joint application anyway. I don't think it will have any significance to her case anyway.
Another minor query - is it true that joint application do not attract additional charges to that of a single application?
About residence
point 4.1 and 4.2 speaks abt that.. I googled this info for you .. I have no idea about this kind of applications..
About fee too I am not sure.. how it works for a joint application..

What is your present nationality ..this has no relation to you applicaiton anyway :)

kirati
Newly Registered

Post by kirati » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:38 pm

About residence
point 4.1 and 4.2 speaks abt that.. I googled this info for you .. I have no idea about this kind of applications..
About fee too I am not sure.. how it works for a joint application..

What is your present nationality ..this has no relation to you applicaiton anyway :)
Hello again,
Thanks for that. I shall have a look into it as well.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:02 pm

kirati wrote: Coming back to my wife's basis of application; can she apply on the basis of residence (5 years stay) alone? Its going to be a joint application anyway. I don't think it will have any significance to her case anyway.
your wife can apply on her own based on her residence.....you don't necessarily need to submit a joint application.

also in terms of fees, joint application fee = 2 x single application fee. there used to be discount on joint application fee but this discount has been gradually removed hence there is no advantage (or disadvantage) of joint application over two separate single applications.

swbai
Newly Registered

Post by swbai » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:33 pm

3. First arrival in the UK - discrepancy.
Background: My PP does not show my first arrival stamp in the UK, which was in Jan 2001. This is because of a unique immigration rules which would be too lengthy to discuss here. I also do not have stamps for many other travels in and out of the country due to the nature of my job.
So, do I still write my original date of arrival in this country? I may be asked to prove it.
Original date of your arrival in the UK. (IF inspected and admitted by UKBA at the POE, I'm sure they'll have records on file)
4. ILE/ILR confusion.
Background: In Jul 2005 I received Section 8(A) from Home Office which effectively provides me exemption from immigration control. It is simply a Home Office stamp. I do not have any other sticker on my PP.
Will that act as my date of ILE/ILR on Section 1.3 of the AN form?
If it's the same generic stamp given to non-UK passport holders, then YES, that's your ILR date.
5. Absent days confusion.
Due to the nature of my job, I frequently deploy outside of this country from Military ports and flights. This is not registered on my PP. Do I have to admit this on Section 2.2 of the AN form?
List all absences from the UK to the best of your ability. In the further information blank page, you can explain the high or un / recorded absences (exercise, deployments, etc) was due to the nature of your job being in the HM Forces.

My 2 cents as a wife of an ex-member of the HM Forces. Wish you and your wife all the best.

kirati
Newly Registered

Post by kirati » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:21 am

swbai wrote:
My 2 cents as a wife of an ex-member of the HM Forces. Wish you and your wife all the best.
Thank you very much swbai. Your 2 cents are worth £100s.

kirati
Newly Registered

Post by kirati » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:23 am

ban.s wrote:also in terms of fees, joint application fee = 2 x single application fee. there used to be discount on joint application fee but this discount has been gradually removed hence there is no advantage (or disadvantage) of joint application over two separate single applications.
Thanks ban.s, now there is no incentive for me to apply jointly. Thanks.