ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

discretion over 12 months indefinit leave stay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

M.Ham
Newly Registered

discretion over 12 months indefinit leave stay

Post by M.Ham » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:58 pm

Hello,

One of the requirement to apply for British citizenship by naturalisation is" had indefinite leave to stay in the UK for the last 12 months"

Questions:
1 - May discretion be exercised over this requirement? E.g. being stateless, work requires travel, etc?
2- What is the earliest date I can submit the naturalisation application? I was told by someone that I can apply 90 days before I complete 12 months staying with the indefinite leave. Is that correct?

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: discretion over 12 months indefinit leave stay

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:08 pm

You will have to wait the full 12 months on ILR (unless you are married to a British Citizen).

Also, there is no 'early grace' period for Naturalization like there is for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

M.Ham
Newly Registered

Re: discretion over 12 months indefinit leave stay

Post by M.Ham » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Many thanks for the quick response and the information.

Best wishes