ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR applications for PBS deps - spouse long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mustansir
Newly Registered

Re: ILR applications for PBS deps - spouse long residence

Post by mustansir » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi All
i wonder if someone can answer these questions

what changes has taken place for dependents, do they have to be in UK with main applicant (10 year route) for more the 5 year or can They apply without any time constraint and is it compulsory to change the status of dependent within 28 days of receiving 10 year long residence ilr even if they have a valid leave to remain left
if someone can answer these queries i would be grateful

Thank You

hardip03
Newly Registered

Post by hardip03 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:59 pm

hello,
im going to apply for ILR on August 25/2014, and im planning to apply my wife application along with mine as she came in this country August 2008(approximately 6years) after our marriage.
so i would like to know which visa application form i need to use for her,would it be same as mine and if yes is there any maintenance fund that need to be fulfill as im not working and im currently student.
my daughter was born(aug2009) here and we are not planning to apply for her at present. so can we do that? or do i need to apply for her too though we all got visa till 2016.
OR, i can not apply my wife application along with mine?

so can some please guide me properly,especially from amber, as i have read very good view from other visitors for ambers advice.

thank you very much

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:39 am

Channa
Newly Registered

Post by Channa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi All,

I have a urgent query!! I’m completing my lawful 10 years in October 2014. Currently I am on a student visa, which expires in 25 January 2015. My question is that when I am applying for my ILR in October do I have to send a separate FLR application for my wife at the same time? Or can she apply for the FLR once I have got my ILR (assuming I will get my ILR before 25/01/2015)? I’m not sure whether this question has been answered before, if so I do apologise. Your advice is much appreciated!

Regards

Channa

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:19 pm

Hello Channa,

You can take both routes:

1- you can make both applications together in which case you will have to attach a covering letter on your wife's FLR M requesting to hold her application until a decision is made on yours. Once you have received your approval letter, you can send another letter to the HO informing them.

2- you can apply for her FLR M after your ILR has been granted.

Since there is no guarantee that you will get your approval letter before Jan, i would suggest you to take the safest route and apply together.

Channa wrote:Hi All,

I have a urgent query!! I’m completing my lawful 10 years in October 2014. Currently I am on a student visa, which expires in 25 January 2015. My question is that when I am applying for my ILR in October do I have to send a separate FLR application for my wife at the same time? Or can she apply for the FLR once I have got my ILR (assuming I will get my ILR before 25/01/2015)? I’m not sure whether this question has been answered before, if so I do apologise. Your advice is much appreciated!

Regards

Channa

Channa
Newly Registered

Post by Channa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:39 pm

aurnoc wrote:Hello Channa,

1- you can make both applications together in which case you will have to attach a covering letter on your wife's FLR M requesting to hold her application until a decision is made on yours. Once you have received your approval letter, you can send another letter to the HO informing them.

Since there is no guarantee that you will get your approval letter before Jan, i would suggest you to take the safest route and apply together.

Regards

Channa
Hi aurnoc,

Thank you very much for your quick response. would it be risky/unsafe to send my wife's FLR application with a cover letter with reference to my application, If I did not get my ILR before 25/01?

Thanks

Regards

Channa

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:42 pm

It is not at all risky to send both applications together along with the covering letter. Many members have done this including Shahjee himself :)

Channa wrote:
aurnoc wrote:Hello Channa,

Regards

Channa
Hi aurnoc,

Thank you very much for your quick response. would it be risky/unsafe to send my wife's FLR application with a cover letter with reference to my application, If I did not get my ILR before 25/01?

Thanks

Regards

Channa

Channa
Newly Registered

Post by Channa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:52 pm

[quote="aurnoc"]It is not at all risky to send both applications together along with the covering letter. Many members have done this including Shahjee himself :)

Hi aurnoc,

Thanks. I meant to say that if my ILR does not arrive before 25/01 then would it be risky to apply her FLR referencing my pending ILR application? sorry for the confusion. Thanks

Regards

Channa

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Not risky, just add to the covering letter that her leave is expiring on this date, your application is pending so please hold decision on her application at present. Would still advise that you preferably send both together since many members have done that and its always better to follow successful examples :lol:

Channa
Newly Registered

Post by Channa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:03 pm

aurnoc wrote:Not risky, just add to the covering letter that her leave is expiring on this date, your application is pending so please hold decision on her application at present. Would still advise that you preferably send both together since many members have done that and its always better to follow successful examples :lol:
Hi aurnoc,

Thanks for your valuable advice and i will certainly consider this. Thakns again

Regards

Channa

fna81
Newly Registered

Post by fna81 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi all,

I was granted ILR in june 2014 on tier 1 general (pbs route). i applied for my wife's visa in october 2011 but it was refused and then i did appeal and she was granted her dependent visa on june 2012. she entered the UK on 20 november 2012. can anyone please answer my following question?
1. does she falls in a 2 year category? or she has to complete 5 years as per new home office rules?
2. should i show last 3 months bank statements? is there any requirement to show specific earnings or minimum funds?
3. i recently left my job and currently i am self employed , so no payslips from any employer, and a financial year closes in march every year, so do i need to get a report about my earnings from accountant? or a letter from accountant?
(p.s: i have been self employed since 2011)

i would be very thankful to you amber and all members/ gurus if you comment on my query please!

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi fna 81,

If you got ILR through Tier1 route then you should have applied for her ILR along with you!
fna81 wrote:Hi all,

I was granted ILR in june 2014 on tier 1 general (pbs route). i applied for my wife's visa in october 2011 but it was refused and then i did appeal and she was granted her dependent visa on june 2012. she entered the UK on 20 november 2012. can anyone please answer my following question?
1. does she falls in a 2 year category? or she has to complete 5 years as per new home office rules?
2. should i show last 3 months bank statements? is there any requirement to show specific earnings or minimum funds?
3. i recently left my job and currently i am self employed , so no payslips from any employer, and a financial year closes in march every year, so do i need to get a report about my earnings from accountant? or a letter from accountant?
(p.s: i have been self employed since 2011)

i would be very thankful to you amber and all members/ gurus if you comment on my query please!

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:02 pm

mustansir wrote:Hi All
i wonder if someone can answer these questions

what changes has taken place for dependents, do they have to be in UK with main applicant (10 year route) for more the 5 year or can They apply without any time constraint and is it compulsory to change the status of dependent within 28 days of receiving 10 year long residence ilr even if they have a valid leave to remain left
if someone can answer these queries i would be grateful

Thank You
Main applicant is granted ILR on 10 year basis, then under new rules their dependent has to complete 5 years on FLR M and then apply for settlement.

The 28 days is not mentioned however all discussions on this forum conclude its best to switch as early as possible.

Members of this forum who have been affected by this new rule are discussing ways of challenging it. Please join us on our page:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/716996288 ... up_comment

samu140

Post by samu140 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:43 pm

GOd Helps wrote:hi Amber. are the immigration rulkes for LOng residency epoendants chaning from april6
Hi Amber
I am going to apply 10 years log residency end of month, my wife and son dependant on me as tier 4 dependants , son born in uk and of three. their dependant leave expiring at same time, I do not fulfill the FLR (M) financiel requirements . would you please let me know
1. what should I do know because if i apply FLR (M) it will be refused by financial requirements .
Keep Updating

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:46 pm

A child born in the UK is entitled to register as British once either parent is settled, regardless of immigration status. Perhaps FLR(FP) for the spouse.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

samu140

Post by samu140 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:06 pm

Amber wrote:A child born in the UK is entitled to register as British once either parent is settled, regardless of immigration status. Perhaps FLR(FP) for the spouse.
Thanks
FLR(FP) which rout
Family life as a partner (10 year route)
• Family life as a parent (5 year & 10 year routes)
• Private life in the UK (10 year route)
please mention. thanks
Keep Updating

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Perhaps the 5 year route if your spouse meets English and Adequate Maintenance.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

samu140

Post by samu140 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Amber wrote:Perhaps the 5 year route if your spouse meets English and Adequate Maintenance.
thanks for k reply
yes she have degree from uk and maintinance as well.
when you said 5 years rout , does it mean parent of a child (5 years rout) or parnter please explain . many thanks
Keep Updating

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Parent of a child, once the child is British.

samu140

Post by samu140 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:51 pm

Amber wrote:Parent of a child, once the child is British.
Many thanks , it will be great if you can tell us something about maintenance requirement regarding flr (fp)

I live in a shared house, it is a 3 bedroom house converted to 4 rooms , one big sitting room and separate dinning and Spam. We are altogether 5 people. We share the rent , I pay 475 per month and our income is 1100 per month , which can be increased if I get the visa because I am restricted to 20 hours.
Is there any specific amount that I have to show .?
Also can I show my savings in the form of cash etc
Keep Updating

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:58 am

samu140

Post by samu140 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:20 pm

Many thanks
I am going to apply set(lr) . Mu dependant joind me as pbs dependant in 2009. So does part 8 of immigration rule be fine or any concern ? Secondly can i show my personal saving for maintinance if there is some shortage?
Keep Updating

samu140

Post by samu140 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:58 pm

samu140 wrote:
Many thanks
I am going to apply set(lr) . Mu dependant joind me as pbs dependant in 2009. So does part 8 of immigration rule be fine or any concern ? Secondly can i show my personal saving for maintinance if there is some shortage?
Keep Updating

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Savings would be tariff, divided by 130 weeks under adequate maintenance.

samu140

Post by samu140 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Amber wrote:Savings would be tariff, divided by 130 weeks under adequate maintenance.
Many thanks and i appriciate your time and help . God bless you
Keep Updating