ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on English language certification for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prad500
Newly Registered

Query on English language certification for ILR

Post by prad500 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Hello,

I came to UK in 2009 on Tier 2 ICT, then switched to Tier 2 General, and am now eligible to apply for my ILR. During the Tier 2 visa application process, I had claimed points for English language by virtue of the fact that my Bachelor's degree (Engineering - Visveswariah Technological University) was taught in English. However, reading through UKBA's web site, it appears I will need to,

a. Prove that my degree was taught in English - Obtain a letter of confirmation from the university.
b. Obtain a UK NARIC certificate that would corroborate point a.

My question is, would providing the original degree certificate and letter from university not suffice? Especially since I had done this for my Tier 2 visas previously. And, do I have to go down the UK NARIC route?

Any help members of this group can offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
P

prad500
Newly Registered

Re: Query on English language certification for ILR

Post by prad500 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Moderator / All,

Any information / help in this regard is highly appreciated..

Thank you,
P

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query on English language certification for ILR

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:37 am

See what points are awarded for your degree on the PBS calculator, using T1.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.