ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refused entry into the uk please please help !

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lisa71
Newly Registered

Post by lisa71 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:09 pm

thanks all for your time answering i really appreciate it !, yes i am a citizen of australia.
Ive decided to go home in 2 days, as the british embassy is shut until friday (5 more days, THEY ARE MOVING BUILDINGS !) then I would have to wait another few weeks on the answer and im just really really stressed so im going home.
I am so disappointed. can anyone advise if having this refusal stamp in my passport will go against my visa application when i return home ??????. I will apply for this pre approved (ENTRY CLEARANCE) visa for a few months when i return home. should i see an immigration lawyer (even though i have no plans to live in the uk at the moment) and get him to ensure the visa for 5 months. what would u do.
this is so horrible london is one of my favourite things in the world this is an absoloute nightmare to me !
i wasnt 'deported' so i assume i will be able to return but god knows when.
HOW LONG DO THESE U.K CLEARANCE VISAS NORMALLY TAKE TO PROCESS IN AUSTRALIA ?

immigration1

Post by immigration1 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:19 am

How does your entry refusal look like in the passport? Is it a date stamp which is crossed out?

lisa71
Newly Registered

Post by lisa71 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:59 am

immigration1 wrote:How does your entry refusal look like in the passport? Is it a date stamp which is crossed out?
yes its exactly that !
a written cross through 'paris' and the date stamp, cos i was in paris attempting to pass into he u.k via the train.
please respond immigration1 .
god i hope its not so bad !

lisa71
Newly Registered

Post by lisa71 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:00 pm

immigration1 is it possible u could reply to what the cross through the passport means ? or your interpretation of what it means.

can i just replace the passport and start a fresh or is that being too naive ?!
I dont intend to attempt a re-entry into the uk without prior entry clarance.... but Im thinking further down the track (i like to visit the uk every year or 2 and did this many times previous to having an english boyfriend) .... seems very annoying/ time consuming / stressful/ expensive/ that id have to apply for clerance everytime I want to enter again in the future years.
thanks for your time (or anyone else with relaible informed info ) :?

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:41 pm

I am appalled by some of the invective in this thread. One of the members responsible - I like the SYH's intentionally mispelling of his name ;) - has often tried it with me and is responsible for more than the odd thread getting closed. My kudos to John for his vigilance in finding these posts and his firm hand dealing with them.
can i just replace the passport and start a fresh or is that being too naive ?!
Replacing the passport would be the ideal solution except in situations where you have to fill a form asking if you've ever been refused entry.

gamma911

Post by gamma911 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:48 pm

I dont want to be funny - but this whole thread as gone so off topic its near impossible to follow..

To the original Op - are you sure going back to AU is the best thing? Surely there must be another way.

Off the top of my head I would fly to Dublin and then to a local airport where there is no control on entry.
But then again it's probably not the best advice.

Hernancortes

Post by Hernancortes » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:39 pm

Interesting topic. I was shocked by the comment that because the poster with diffculty was from Australia, that should grant her automatic entry.
One day people will realise just how dearly beloved British immigration policy is.
If you are from a majority white western country, you hardly encounter any difficulty with British immigration. If you are from a non white majority southern country, the experience is humiliating, and is a form of keeping them blacks and Asians out of blighty.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:08 pm

Hernancortes wrote:Interesting topic. I was shocked by the comment that because the poster with diffculty was from Australia, that should grant her automatic entry.
One day people will realise just how dearly beloved British immigration policy is.
If you are from a majority white western country, you hardly encounter any difficulty with British immigration. If you are from a non white majority southern country, the experience is humiliating, and is a form of keeping them blacks and Asians out of blighty.
It's also related to wealth of the country in question (however that may be defined - and I know: it's a can of worms). And most wealthy countries in the world are white and Western, which is surely an indictment of the world economy and world attitudes more than it is of British immigration policy. An obvious exception is Japan (which might be Western, after a fashion - certainly it is developed - but it isn't white). Other exceptions include Singapore and South Korea. And these three countries all benefit from visa-free entry to the UK and to many other "Western" countries, for example...

Just a thought.