ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refused Plz help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

allwell46
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Refused Plz help

Post by allwell46 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:44 am

Are you in the same trouble as we are?
God bless both of us. Aameen

If so can you please share the relevant laws and references you mentioned in your reconsideration letter.
I would assume the reasonable time frame would be a month but they are taking longer in your case which is making me feel bad as well.

You can send the same through your mp or complain direct to ukvi.

Can the board members plz share the relevant immigration laws and their references to compose a strong letter to send to ukvi plz.

I am going to do the same.

Plz share at allwell46@yahoo.com

aakkoo wrote:Any time frame for reconsideration replies ?? I am waiting since 2nd May 2014 :( .

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:54 am

Dear Amber, Vinny, Shahjee123, other members whoever contributed,

I have received a good news from Solihull (PSC), They have granted ILR to my wife.

Just to explain background of case, I had received ILR on long residency basis in July 2014, My wife who came to UK very first time in June 2009 on Tier 1 PSW partner visa then later on were switched to Tier 1 general dependant visa then had tier 1 general extension and Had applied for FLR M on 03 April 2014 and requested HO to put her application on hold until they decide my ILR.

We had one day service appointment at Solihull Birmingham for wife's ILR set m application in July but they had refused it as per 287 d, but verbally they said the followings
1. The husband is just been granted ILR 2 weeks ago so we cant give ILR to wife, Husband has to spend 2 years having ILR before we can give to wife.
2. Wife has to spend 2 years on FLR M before she is eligible to apply for ILR
3. Transitional arrangements no longer exists
4. blah blah blah
I had a firing discussions with the case worker, explained her all and answered her all questions but she all in vain.

Anyway I came here on this forum, I was advised to write a reconsiderations letter, which I did and got the good results. within 10 days. Thank you all of you.

Piece of advise, Anyone of you in the same situations please go ahead and apply set m, I can confirm that time spent as PBS dependant and time spent as spouse of settled person (flr m) is still being amalgamated provided your mrs came to uk very first time before 09 July 2012 and had applied for flrm before 06 april 2014 and you gets ur ILR under long residency basis.
I have been to about 20 different immigration solicitors only 2 of them knew about it. Case workers seems don't know about the old immigration rules and refusing applications probably because they are not trained well.

If you need any help please I am available to help and want to contribute to this forum. I want to say thank you to all of you who were being so helpful and supportive to me in my stressful time.

God bless all of you.
Regards
Allwell46

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:01 am

Congratulations!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:42 am

Thank you amber. You are starr.
May Almighty God fulfil all your wishes.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:22 am

congratulations ....excellent result indeed

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:47 pm

congratulations
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:06 pm

Well done.

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Congrats allwell

that is great news so happy for you
u deserve it
wish you best of luck for future
remmeber in ur prayers

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:01 am

:D
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:31 am

Many congratulations. Best of luck for the future ahead.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Many congrae.
I am the similar siuaton like you.
Got ILR on Feb 2014 on 10 years rule.Wife ,came as psw depandent in 2008 ,later tier1 depandent ,applied on 4th April 2014 for flr(M) by post but approve June 2014.
My wife recenly passed life in he UK tes.

I am thinking to apply Set(M) for my wife.Confused about which I should do . Post or PEO.

Pleasse publish your cover leter witout personal detals

allwell46 wrote:Dear Amber, Vinny, Shahjee123, other members whoever contributed,

I have received a good news from Solihull (PSC), They have granted ILR to my wife.

Just to explain background of case, I had received ILR on long residency basis in July 2014, My wife who came to UK very first time in June 2009 on Tier 1 PSW partner visa then later on were switched to Tier 1 general dependant visa then had tier 1 general extension and Had applied for FLR M on 03 April 2014 and requested HO to put her application on hold until they decide my ILR.

We had one day service appointment at Solihull Birmingham for wife's ILR set m application in July but they had refused it as per 287 d, but verbally they said the followings
1. The husband is just been granted ILR 2 weeks ago so we cant give ILR to wife, Husband has to spend 2 years having ILR before we can give to wife.
2. Wife has to spend 2 years on FLR M before she is eligible to apply for ILR
3. Transitional arrangements no longer exists
4. blah blah blah
I had a firing discussions with the case worker, explained her all and answered her all questions but she all in vain.

Anyway I came here on this forum, I was advised to write a reconsiderations letter, which I did and got the good results. within 10 days. Thank you all of you.

Piece of advise, Anyone of you in the same situations please go ahead and apply set m, I can confirm that time spent as PBS dependant and time spent as spouse of settled person (flr m) is still being amalgamated provided your mrs came to uk very first time before 09 July 2012 and had applied for flrm before 06 april 2014 and you gets ur ILR under long residency basis.
I have been to about 20 different immigration solicitors only 2 of them knew about it. Case workers seems don't know about the old immigration rules and refusing applications probably because they are not trained well.

If you need any help please I am available to help and want to contribute to this forum. I want to say thank you to all of you who were being so helpful and supportive to me in my stressful time.

God bless all of you.
Regards
Allwell46

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:25 am

Thank you every one.

Dear esmsi. I hv already helped you. Good luck with your mrs application,

nishdj2
Newly Registered

Post by nishdj2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:29 am

Dear Participants on the discussion as Subject above,

I would like to express my thanks to this great platform and with your direction, my wife's ILR has been granted recently.
She qualified having been my dependent since March 2012, & extending her FLR(M) on the 3rd of April 2014 (i.e. 3 days before the law changed which meant, had we been late she would have to wait for 2 years from April 2014 to get her ILR.
But she made it, under the
Paragraph 4.5 of the Chapter 8 Transitional Provisions: Family Members under Part 8 and Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules:
“ 4.5. Long Residence and Points Based System Dependants
4.5.5.PBS dependants who have already switched to being the partner of a settled person under Part 8 (or have applied to do so before 6 April 2014) can continue under Part 8 and apply for indefinite leave to remain under paragraph 287 or 295G. Their period of leave as a PBS dependant can be combined with their leave as the partner of a settled person to meet the required qualifying period.”

We had to make sure to include all the documentation requested as evidence.

So for all people who had applied under the FLR(M) extension of stay as dependant before the 6th April 2014 & has been in the UK as a dependent for 2 years (irrelevant if the spouse had Settlement at the time i.e. if they were still on PBS), apply in confidence.

Thanks for this great thread.

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Tahakhan » Thu May 28, 2015 1:14 am

Hi Nishdj2,
how about if some one has got ILR on 10 years route and switched his spouse visa to FLR M in 2015. Keeping in mind that dependent has been in the UK since 2011 on PBS dependent visa. My question is will spouse needs to cover 2 years or 5 years qualifying period.

Thanks

Taha

Postby nishdj2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:29 am

Dear Participants on the discussion as Subject above,

I would like to express my thanks to this great platform and with your direction, my wife's ILR has been granted recently.
She qualified having been my dependent since March 2012, & extending her FLR(M) on the 3rd of April 2014 (i.e. 3 days before the law changed which meant, had we been late she would have to wait for 2 years from April 2014 to get her ILR.
But she made it, under the
Paragraph 4.5 of the Chapter 8 Transitional Provisions: Family Members under Part 8 and Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules:
“ 4.5. Long Residence and Points Based System Dependants
4.5.5.PBS dependants who have already switched to being the partner of a settled person under Part 8 (or have applied to do so before 6 April 2014) can continue under Part 8 and apply for indefinite leave to remain under paragraph 287 or 295G. Their period of leave as a PBS dependant can be combined with their leave as the partner of a settled person to meet the required qualifying period.”

We had to make sure to include all the documentation requested as evidence.

So for all people who had applied under the FLR(M) extension of stay as dependant before the 6th April 2014 & has been in the UK as a dependent for 2 years (irrelevant if the spouse had Settlement at the time i.e. if they were still on PBS), apply in confidence.

Thanks for this great thread.
nishdj2
Newly Registered

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 28, 2015 2:14 am

Unfortunately, people switching to FLR(M) from 6th April 2014 are considered under Appendix FM.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.