ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

acecco01
Newly Registered

Clarification

Post by acecco01 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi all,

My situation:

- I was born in ITALY (EU)
- Migration to UK: 29/03/2010 (I was 23)
- I've always worked (Payslips, P60, etc)
- I've been outside the UK for approx. 30 days per year (holidays)
- I don't have any English Certification, but I have a Foundation Degree in Science (Graduated in the UK)
- I'm currently studying to get a BSc in Computing (2016)

1. Can I take the `Life in the UK` test now?
2. Can I apply for the naturalisation after the 29/03/2015 (5 years)?
3. Should I contact my Council first? I've heard they could help with the application.

Thanks

Serina26

Re: Clarification

Post by Serina26 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:36 pm

You can apply for citizenship as you've been in the UK for 5 years. However, you need at least a BA degree to satisfy the language requirement.
Serina

badratio

Post by badratio » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Serina26 wrote:You can apply for citizenship as you've been in the UK for 5 years. However, you need at least a BA degree to satisfy the language requirement.
Don't listen to what she's said.

EU nationals can only apply for naturalisation after 6 years of residence in the UK. First 5 years you must have been exercising Treaty rights whether as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient and etc. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... let-an.pdf

In order to satisfy the language requirement you should have a BA degree taught in English or you can take an English language test such as IELTS, TOEFL and etc. There's an extensive list of accepted English language qualifications: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

You can take Life in the UK whenever you want. It has no expiry date.

NCS service provided by councils is not free and they don't help you to fill out the application - they just make sure you got all the papers and submitted for you.

Hope this helps.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

daniel147
Newly Registered

Post by daniel147 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi, does this mean i can use the same english test certificate/result which i used to get my ILR in june 2014 to apply for my citizenship if i want to soon.

Thanks

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Yes you can use the one what you use to come to UK intially.. :D