ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement - UK NARIC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

redbull110

English Language Requirement - UK NARIC

Post by redbull110 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:11 am

Dear Moderators & Gurus,

Back in 2007 before applying for the HSMP visa, I sent my foreign degree to UK NARIC for statement of Comparability and received the letter from NARIC that my degree is equivalent to British Bachelors (Ordinary). And based on this statement of Comparability I was able to get 30 points for my qualifications when I initially applied.

Now as I am due to apply for my British Citizenship in few months’ time, my question is that to satisfy the English Language Requirements, will my statement of Comparability from UK Naric be sufficient OR I will still have to perform the test?

On the other hand I also have a letter from my University that the medium of instruction was English Language, will this be good enough?

Any comments on my raised question will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

REDBULL110

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: English Language Requirement - UK NARIC

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:19 am

Actually this is enough - print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree

Those two documents of yours will back you up in case of any other issues..

Read (from page 13)
Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... N_v1_0.pdf

redbull110

Re: English Language Requirement - UK NARIC

Post by redbull110 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:57 am

Thanks IndiMarshall.

Regards,

REDBULL110