ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help for Family Visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tanveerym
Newly Registered

Help for Family Visit

Post by tanveerym » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 am

Hi,

I am a British Citizen and am looking to call my sister, her hubby and 1 child for a period of 20 days to the UK. They are currently based in Dubai and have Indian passports. I am confused whether they should be applying as FAMILY VISITOR VISA or GENERAL VISITOR VISA.

What are the advantages / disadvantages of either?

Please help.

Many Thanks
Tan

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help for Family Visit

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:40 am

I don't think it makes much difference. But family visit visa would be ok. If they've got jobs in Dubai they should be ok. Around £3000 available income would also be advantageous as would booked return flights.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tanveerym
Newly Registered

Post by tanveerym » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Amber wrote:I don't think it makes much difference. But family visit visa would be ok. If they've got jobs in Dubai they should be ok. Around £3000 available income would also be advantageous as would booked return flights.
I am a bit confused about them applying as a family visitor as the guidleines on the Home office website are not very clear (attached below).

SO i would ask them to apply as general visitor unless somebody can guide me otherwise. Also for the child do you apply as a child visit visa?

GUIDELINES FROM HOME OFFICE WEBSITE:
Your family in the UK
You must be able to show that you’re visiting one of the following family members in the UK:

spouse or civil partner
children
parents or siblings
grandparents or grandchildren
your spouse’s or civil partner’s siblings or parents
your child’s spouse or civil partner
step parents, step children or step siblings
a person you’ve been living with in a long-term relationship, as if you were married or in a civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply
Your family member must also be one of the following:

a British citizen
settled in the UK
granted asylum in the UK
under humanitarian protection in the UK

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:43 am

That seems rights.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.