ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help for ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hasanather
Newly Registered

urgent help for ilr

Post by hasanather » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:22 pm

I got my ilr in february 2014 through the long term residency route. My wife came to the uk in october 2011 as my dependent on tier1 and from that time we have been living together , the lawyer told us that first she had to get her further leave to remain(FLR) in order to switch to ILR as I the main application got iLR through the ten year route.
so on 9th april 2014 my wife applied for her FLR and on the same day she got the approval.
ACCORDING TO THE LAWYER and my research SHE COULD APPLY FOR HER ILR THE VERY NEXT DAY AS SHE HAD COMPLETED HER PROBATIONARY PERIOD. (before july 2012 rules apply).

my baby thankfully was registered as a british as I applied for his registration as soon as I got ilr.

Due to some reasons my wife left the uk on 14th april 2014 with our baby and till today she is still in pakistan(4 months). She is planning to come back in january making a total of 9 months out of the uk . I m confused wether this can have adverse effect on hr ilr application or not although she has completed her probationary period . She cannot come back untill my baby recieves his british passport which is gonna take atleast 6 months as the application has been made from pakistan. The baby travelled on his paki passport and nicop card.
I am confused what to do now as the british high commmission pakistan says that my baby does not fulfill the criteria to get an emergency travel doccument otherwise I would call them soon.
Plz reply soon

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Re: urgent help for ilr

Post by prem_singh123 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi you said your wife applied on 9th April for her FLR(M) and was successful. How long she got the visa for? Is it 2 years or 2.5 years??

Prem_singh123
hasanather wrote:I got my ilr in february 2014 through the long term residency route. My wife came to the uk in october 2011 as my dependent on tier1 and from that time we have been living together , the lawyer told us that first she had to get her further leave to remain(FLR) in order to switch to ILR as I the main application got iLR through the ten year route.
so on 9th april 2014 my wife applied for her FLR and on the same day she got the approval.
ACCORDING TO THE LAWYER and my research SHE COULD APPLY FOR HER ILR THE VERY NEXT DAY AS SHE HAD COMPLETED HER PROBATIONARY PERIOD. (before july 2012 rules apply).

my baby thankfully was registered as a british as I applied for his registration as soon as I got ilr.

Due to some reasons my wife left the uk on 14th april 2014 with our baby and till today she is still in pakistan(4 months). She is planning to come back in january making a total of 9 months out of the uk . I m confused wether this can have adverse effect on hr ilr application or not although she has completed her probationary period . She cannot come back untill my baby recieves his british passport which is gonna take atleast 6 months as the application has been made from pakistan. The baby travelled on his paki passport and nicop card.
I am confused what to do now as the british high commmission pakistan says that my baby does not fulfill the criteria to get an emergency travel doccument otherwise I would call them soon.
Plz reply soon

hasanather
Newly Registered

Post by hasanather » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Well I applied for my wife by a one day premium service so we got the decision the very same day. The flr is valid for a period of 2 years and the status is "spouse partner leave to remain"

hasanather
Newly Registered

Post by hasanather » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Please anyone reply !! Its urgent !!!!!!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:52 pm

We'll that was granted in error. However, she should be able to settle under Part 8 - rule 287(a)(i)(d). B1 English and LIUK. Evidence of a subsisting relationship when outside the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Amber wrote:We'll that was granted in error. However, she should be able to settle under Part 8 - rule 287(a)(i)(d). B1 English and LIUK. Evidence of a subsisting relationship when outside the UK.
Why was it issued in Error.

I thought if the spouse of a PBS Migrant arrived on that status on or before 9th July 2012, the are entitled to rely on the old rules.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:10 pm

The rules changed on 6 April 2014, which prevents that now unfortunately, the OP's spouse was lucky.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Really. It would be nice if all these are incorporated in Law, rather than discretionary policies and guidance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:19 pm

The change in the rules (Part 8 ) was:
284. The requirements for an extension of stay as the spouse or civil partner of a person
present and settled in the United Kingdom are that:
(i) the applicant has or was last granted limited leave to enter or remain in the United
Kingdom which meets the following requirements:
(a) The leave was given in accordance with any of the provisions of these Rules;
and
(b) The leave was granted for a period of 6 months or more, unless it was granted
as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner; and
(c) The leave was not as the spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner
of a Relevant Points-Based System Migrant; and
Basically that's prevented all those who were PBS deps from switching into Part 8 of the rules after 6 April 2014.

However, as with all new rules, it took the Home Office/UKVI caseworkers a few weeks to cotton on that the rules had changed, hence there are some lucky.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Yes my attention was drawn to it when i was looking at Paragraph 285, but i could not penetrate it , for some strange reason.

Probably the Friday evening effect.

hasanather
Newly Registered

Post by hasanather » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:01 pm

It would be great if you guys can simply tell what do now, is ig safe if she stays till january making a leave of nine months ?? I m still confused

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:08 pm

Why can't they issue a British Child a passport or travel document?

If you child has been registered, then he should be able to obtain a British Passport.

If he has been registered, why was he not able to obtain a passport.

You can apply for his passport from within the UK, why does it have to be 6 months?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Apply for a CoE as an alternative to a British Passport, they usually take 4-6 weeks. Assuming the child has or can get a Pakistan Passport.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:25 pm

9 Months is a long absence, and i am not sure if that will offend 287(a)(i) (d), although she could have qualified for it before she left.

Then again she does not qualify for it technically as the application was made after 6th April, but i am sure fairness will dictate they issue ILR to her under the provision above.

Also see Certificate of Entitlement.