ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of immigration status

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virus.vinay
Newly Registered

Change of immigration status

Post by virus.vinay » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:18 am

Hello,

Am currently on Tier 1(General) visa and would be applying for my ILR later this month.
My wife has got a dependent visa but would not be applying with me as she is not eligible yet. Her dependent visa is valid till 02-May-2015.
My appointment is on 27th August and my wife would be travelling to India on 29th August for a duration of 15 days.
If my ILR is granted would that have any bearing on her dependent visa i.e. would she face any problems when she comes back from her holiday since now my Tier 1 has been converted into an ILR.

I know this sounds a bit naive but i just want to rule out any possibilities that might impact us before going ahead with the appointment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Vin

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: Change of immigration status

Post by Macro_Run » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:17 am

No problem at all, as long as she has valid visa.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:30 pm

infact she does not even need to change her visa, and can continue on being tier 1 dependent until she qualifies for ILR

virus.vinay
Newly Registered

Post by virus.vinay » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Thanks Macro_Run and iworker.
I did call the immigration services and they confirmed that the visa will still be valid and her entry would be subject only to immigration checks (i.e. they meant employment et. al.)

Many thanks
Vin