ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prepaid envelope

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tina62
Newly Registered

Prepaid envelope

Post by tina62 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello there,
I am trying to send my application for EEA2 residence card. I wanted to include a prepaid envelope for return of my documents. But I have a problem with the weight. my application documents are 1.2 kg and royalmail seems to only have prepaid envelopes for up to 1kg. do you think its fine to send 2 envelope and maybe attacha note explaining why, or do you guys know any other way?

Thanks very much for your help!

el patron
Member of Standing

Re: Prepaid envelope

Post by el patron » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:26 pm

provide you own envelope and ask them to place postage stamps on it, take a note of the signed for label number before you put it inside the outgoing pre-paid signed for envelope.

Best to send it Special Delivery.

badratio

Post by badratio » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:32 pm

You can buy Special Delivery envelopes at the post office and they will whack a few stamps on it if it's over 1.0 kg (not for free obvs).
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:01 pm

I don't think that is there any issue on 1.2kg for special delivery because a lot of brochures/directories which we receive in post even have more weight. I guess it largely depends on packing and the measurement of envelope not weight. 1-2kg is very normal weight.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:49 am

This is what I did:
  • Take your application to the post office, with the envelope/parcel opened. Take also an identical envelope/parcel with you;
  • Weight the original application envelope/parcel, with the extra envelope/parcel inside and ask them for two special delivery seals to cover such weight;
  • Take one of these and affix it on the empty envelope. Keep one of the tracking code labels to yourself (there are 3 small labels within the special delivery seal with the code);
  • Put this empty envelope already addressed and with the special delivery seal inside your application's envelope;
  • Close the main envelope and send it.
You don't need to buy a prepaid envelope. Take your own envelope and ask them to affix the special delivery seal valid for the weight of your original envelope.

mkzp
Newly Registered

Post by mkzp » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:34 am

i dont the same and it worked for me

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:49 am

As told before that its not weight issue but only the packing and size matters. Special signed for delivery is for small letter, large letter, small parcel and medium parcel and i believe the maximum an applicant can use is medium parcel which allow 20kg. I donot think the documents will be bigger than A4 size. Just buy correct size of envelope or packing.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:37 am

Is it necessary to supply a prepaid envelope?

We're just about to send our EEA2 application but we won't need our passports for any really urgent travel and we are planning not to travel whilst we wait for the EEA2 application to be processed.

I'm assuming the Home Office will bear the cost of postage if we do ask for all our documents back?

Cheers
CC

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:16 pm

chaoclive wrote:Is it necessary to supply a prepaid envelope?

We're just about to send our EEA2 application but we won't need our passports for any really urgent travel and we are planning not to travel whilst we wait for the EEA2 application to be processed.

I'm assuming the Home Office will bear the cost of postage if we do ask for all our documents back?

Cheers
CC
It is not mandatory as HO send back documents through 2nd class recorded delivery. But for the traceable and safer return of valuable documents it will be more wise to attach prepaid special delivery envelope.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks Sheraz!