ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused over Cat A and Cat B regards to my application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asimwelcomes

Confused over Cat A and Cat B regards to my application

Post by asimwelcomes » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:42 am

Can some one please help me regarding my spouse and son settlement application. I am stuck in choosing Cat A or Cat B of financial requirement. My employment history is as follows:

I have been working for NHS 30 hours per week which is part time job and I have been working here for 3 years. My salary here is in variables each month. The gross annual salary is upto 20K plus and I have P60 from this employment.

My second job is full time employment having gross income of 23K which is above the requirement threshold. I have been working here since 4 months and about to complete 5 months on Aug 30. I got all the pay slips from this employment.
Calculating gross total income from both jobs for the last 12 month is 28k.

Can anyone please help me under what category I should apply for?

thank you
kind regards

maniani
United Kingdom

Re: Confused over Cat A and Cat B regards to my application

Post by maniani » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:01 am

You must apply under Category B and show your both earing from both employment. You have to provide 12 month earing document of NHS work and 4 month employment doc from other work...

asimwelcomes

Post by asimwelcomes » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:28 am

maniani wrote:You must apply under Category B and show your both earing from both employment. You have to provide 12 month earing document of NHS work and 4 month employment doc from other work...
thank you for your reply,
last year I applied under category A ,that time my secondary employment annual salary was 12k and the NHS salary was 20K plus. I got refused because i showed them only 3 months pay slip of my secondary employment plus 12 months NHS pay slips and they uphold the application. After the high court decision they sent my documents back and the ECO miss calculated my income. I dont want to go for appeal as it takes lot of time I already lost 12 months.I need a good avice as I dont want to loose it again.

kind regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:05 am

Variable income is Cat B, 2 tests, your current salary meets/exceeds the Financial Requirement and in the last 12 months you've actually earned the Financial Requirement, gross.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bhargav24

Post by bhargav24 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:50 am

Dear AMBER if second job is under 6 month is it will be OK or not.

asimwelcomes

Post by asimwelcomes » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:54 am

Amber wrote:Variable income is Cat B, 2 tests, your current salary meets/exceeds the Financial Requirement and in the last 12 months you've actually earned the Financial Requirement, gross.
Thank you so much amber.

one more doubt is, shall i mention my previous application reference number and why i have been refused in the covering letter and also why i am not appealing against the decision?

kind regards

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:05 am

Yes you should address any previous refusals.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:40 am

If second job is under 6 months, that will be ok, provided the gross annual earning meet the financial requirement, and over the preceding 12 months, the gross earning meets the earning threshold.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

asimwelcomes

Post by asimwelcomes » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Thank you all for your prompt information and advice, very appreciated