ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rudey786

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by rudey786 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Salaam all.

Keep hope and keep your trust in Allah. Surely He knows best.
I got married 4 months ago and am starting to put together my husbands case now. I'm constantly on this forum as its great to hear about live actual cases..
It appears slowly but surely old cases are starting to be looked at now and I do pray you are all successful In Sha Allah.

Be strong and smile He has greater plans for us better than we can imagine.

As us mirpuris say 'jerala rosi paani chaan jasi' ..
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:31 pm

zeeh wrote:This is from Entry Clearance Officer
Your recent email correspondence about the above refers. We can confirm your comments have been noted.

At present we are processing nearly 4000 applications that were held up with an appeal court case, plus new applications continuing to be received. Your spouse’s application is one of them. We are endeavoring to process all of these applications as expeditiously as possible, but as we are sure you can appreciate with this volume of work it does take time to consider them fully. Whilst an exact timescale for a decision on your spouse’s application is not possible at this stage, we would envisage it being within the coming weeks. Your spouse will be contacted directly by us once we are in a position to do so and a decision has been taken.

We regret we cannot provide a more positive reply at this time.

Yours faithfully

Entry Clearance Officer

UK Visas and Immigration | British High Commission - Islamabad

(: +92 51 2012000

:: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk : http://www.gov.uk/world/pakistan
@zeeh bro did you send that letter to Ombudsman or directly to BHC Islamabad? I have also sent a complaint letter to BHC Islamabad but i doubt it that it will ever get to them due to current situation in Islamabad :( i really appreciate all your support. Please can you tell me where did you send that complaint?

Thanks x

ma14

Post by ma14 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:04 pm

dear members
please help whats the time line if we apply flrm from pakistan

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:55 pm

hadz7 wrote:by Safikazmi12 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:47 pm

From Abudhabi most of spouse visa decision made within 3 working days

yeah i heard the same that most of apps det decision with in a month but i dont understand what difference does it make if u apply in abu dhabi i mean how can they justify that on one side apps get decision with in a month and on other side in pak it takes so long ???? whats the difference !!!
I applied in april 7 2013 and rfc 9 april 2013 result was refusal its jut because of load on eco.
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

zee09

Post by zee09 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Safikazmi12 wrote:

yeah i heard the same that most of apps det decision with in a month but i dont understand what difference does it make if u apply in abu dhabi i mean how can they justify that on one side apps get decision with in a month and on other side in pak it takes so long ???? whats the difference !!!
I applied in april 7 2013 and rfc 9 april 2013 result was refusal its jut because of load on eco.

I thought all applications were processed in Islamabad, which ones are processed in Abu Dhabi?

What was reason for refusal?
Applied Online: 11th August 2014 (CAT A first app)
Applied in Lahore VAC: 20th August 2014
Current Status: Not yet assessed by ECO.

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:36 am

zee09 wrote:
Safikazmi12 wrote:

I thought all applications were processed in Islamabad, which ones are processed in Abu Dhabi?

Before I was working in AbuDhabi so that's why in AbuDhabi and got refusal within 2 days reason was Income. I resigned from my job in December 2013 and applied from Islamabad January 20, 2014. but honestly VFS UK visa application service is thousand times better than Gerry's Islamabad.

What was reason for refusal?
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

reeree

Post by reeree » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:20 am

Your recent email correspondence about the above refers. We can confirm your comments have been noted.

At present we are processing nearly 4000 applications that were held up with an appeal court case, plus new applications continuing to be received. Your spouse’s application is one of them. We are endeavoring to process all of these applications as expeditiously as possible, but as we are sure you can appreciate with this volume of work it does take time to consider them fully. Whilst an exact timescale for a decision on your spouse’s application is not possible at this stage, we would envisage it being within the coming weeks. Your spouse will be contacted directly by us once we are in a position to do so and a decision has been taken.

Yours faithfully

Entry Clearance Officer

Theres no point writing to ECO's as they are bound by their working rules & regulations. You will only get a standard reply from them. We need to put the pressure on the Home Office, for unfair treatment as all cases have to be approved by them.
They are granting visa's to very minimal pakistani's for 'obvious' reasons! They clearly don't want more pakistani's flooding this country.
I think we all need to put pressure on the Home Secretary - Theresa May! I'm going to write to her.
We shouldn't have to beg & grovel like this to uneducated ECO's who have no sense of responsibility to manage their work load!

As UK citizens, we have the same rights as all others to be with our spouses.

This system has to change, and it won't change until we put pressure on them to do something about the backlog!!!
Applied in Lahore: 04/10/2013
Spouse Called for Interview: 08/07/2014
Current Status: Application still under process

reeree

Post by reeree » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:29 am

sami3 wrote:

Yours faithfully

Entry Clearance Officer

@zeeh bro did you send that letter to Ombudsman or directly to BHC Islamabad? I have also sent a complaint letter to BHC Islamabad but i doubt it that it will ever get to them due to current situation in Islamabad :( i really appreciate all your support. Please can you tell me where did you send that complaint?

Thanks x

Hey Sami,

I spoke to my MP about writing to the Parliamentary Ombudsmen on my behalf. He advised, that he could do it however it could take over a year for them to even address my case. Futhermore, in the court of law, it would be impossible to prove that 'i' as an i individual or my husband - have received unfair treatment from the Home Office or BHC simply because there are 400,000 applicants in the same position as my husband.
If the BHC or HO had penalised me as an individual then that would change the situation. But that clearly isn't the case, so therefore the Ombudsmen won't be able to help me.

reeree

Post by reeree » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:41 am

Everytime i come on this forum, i just feel more angry & frustrated at the ECO's and the HO!
When you read the same generic email responses - DAY IN, DAY OUT.. That they are sending to everyone - Its like, they are mocking us to our faces!!
I just wish that instead of spending all this time copying & pasting replies - they could actually be more productive & process applications!!
I wish i could do something, but feel helpless! :(

Pakistani's tu apna imaan baich kar beithay huay hain. Unsay kya umeed hai. Iss liye tu azaab ah raha hai Pakistan par.
Corruption ke ilava aur koi khasiyat nhi uss mulq ki.
Afsoos hota hai!!
UK aur US achi terha nacha raha hai pakistan ko.

#WAKEUPPAKISTAN!!

Innocent ppl are suffering because of the corrupted heirarchy in Pakistan!
We have a voice, yet we're voiceless!

:(

zee09

Post by zee09 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:12 am

reeree wrote:Everytime i come on this forum, i just feel more angry & frustrated at the ECO's and the HO!
When you read the same generic email responses - DAY IN, DAY OUT.. That they are sending to everyone - Its like, they are mocking us to our faces!!
I just wish that instead of spending all this time copying & pasting replies - they could actually be more productive & process applications!!

Pakistani's tu apna imaan baich kar beithay huay hain. Unsay kya umeed hai. Iss liye tu azaab ah raha hai Pakistan par.
Afsoos hota hai!!

#WAKEUPPAKISTAN!!

its amazing to see that only pakistan has this sort of waiting times. all other countries process them in days or weeks. Pakistanis take years to process visa applications. Pakistan Zindabad.

Mentality of pakistanis processing the applications needs to change only then will the processing time speed up.
Applied Online: 11th August 2014 (CAT A first app)
Applied in Lahore VAC: 20th August 2014
Current Status: Not yet assessed by ECO.

reeree

Post by reeree » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:57 am

zee09 wrote:
reeree wrote:Everytime i come on this forum, i just feel more angry & frustrated at the ECO's and the HO!

Afsoos hota hai!!

#WAKEUPPAKISTAN!!

its amazing to see that only pakistan has this sort of waiting times. all other countries process them in days or weeks. Pakistanis take years to process visa applications. Pakistan Zindabad.

Mentality of pakistanis processing the applications needs to change only then will the processing time speed up.

Hmmm... They need to learn to be LEADERS not FOLLOWERS..

blumango

Post by blumango » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:36 pm

why not just process all pak settlement visas in the uk? no excuses for corruption, terrorist attacks etc or just admit you don't want paks in the uk. look at india cases dealt within days/weeks. disgraceful
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

reeree

Post by reeree » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:07 pm

blumango wrote:why not just process all pak settlement visas in the uk? no excuses for corruption, terrorist attacks etc or just admit you don't want paks in the uk. look at india cases dealt within days/weeks. disgraceful

Exactly. Only Pakistani's are scrutinized like this because they don't speak up i guess.
Can you imagine if it was the other way around?
If british people were waiting for pakistani visas & there was a back log of 400,000 cases.. It would've been making headlines by now or been on front page news!!!

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:10 pm

I haven't applied yet but will within 2 weeks!

We spend all this time and effort gathering evidence and more, meet the requirements, pay the fee, the amount they charge, they should be giving us first class service VIP!

If all documents are there then process the app, if there not there decline it straight away so the person can do something about it. Why does it take sooooooooooo long to reply?!

They should have set targets/objectives for the day considering how many people apply and how much money they make! I'm so dreading the wait!

reeree

Post by reeree » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:56 pm

Mrs Asim wrote:I haven't applied yet but will within 2 weeks!

We spend all this time and effort gathering evidence and more, meet the requirements, pay the fee, the amount they charge, they should be giving us first class service VIP!

If all documents are there then process the app, if there not there decline it straight away so the person can do something about it. Why does it take sooooooooooo long to reply?!

They should have set targets/objectives for the day considering how many people apply and how much money they make! I'm so dreading the wait!

Exactly! I totally agree! :(
Mrs Asim, i wish u all the best with ur application & i hope ur one of the lucky ones that gets their application approved straight away.
Theres no reason for them to hold my husband application, but unfortunately for us - we are still waiting 11months later :(

reeree

Post by reeree » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Mrs Asim, i wish u all the best with ur application & i hope ur one of the lucky ones that gets their application approved straight away.
Theres no reason for them to hold my husband application, but unfortunately for us - we are still waiting 11months later :(

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Aww I wish you all the best also! Hoping you will get the positive answer veryyyyy soon! I can't imagine waiting 11 months must be very tough! May Allah reward us all! We will be applying from Lahore just like you.

blumango

Post by blumango » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:43 pm

reeree wrote:

the average time eco spends on one case is approx. 6mins
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:29 am

blumango wrote:
reeree wrote:

the average time eco spends on one case is approx. 6mins
R u serious? THats crazy!! People spend 6 months getin those papers redy how can thy possibly decide in 6 minutes. If thas the case then there is 11 ecos in Pak n thy wrk 8 til 5 so thy should have got bk to those 4000 on hold within one week!
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:35 am

I wouldn't believe the average is 6 minutes for an Eco to check a case. It is a long procedure and a lot of work is involved sorting the genuine applicants from those who use fake paperwork. A lot of checks have to be made.

Take my wife's case for it's our second application we applied at the end of May 2014, and it was seen on 16th June 2014. Until now all they say is they are doing further enquiries. One could enquire what is taking so long but they have a point when they say it takes 12-24 weeks for a decision. Obviously this is clever on their part because you have to sit patiently until the 24 weeks are over and then they escalate. Escalate is even a longer wait at it's up to them to do it when they want.

I can say firmly that our second application wasn't at all different from the first. We met the requirements in place and it should not take this long. Yet it has.

I can also say firmly what others are saying and it's that they are treating Pakistanis differently to those applicants from different countries. But they are getting away with it by being saying be patient and wait the 12-24 week time frame for a decision.

All we can do is wait. That's what I've been doing for the past 2 years. If you have trust in your lord, then it should be a simple task. No need to get impatient as you have done your part, the rest falls on those ECO's. A time will come when they will be dependent on someone else.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:15 pm

prayforus wrote:I wouldn't believe the average is 6 minutes for an Eco to check a case. It is a long procedure and a lot of work is involved sorting the genuine applicants from those who use bad quality paperwork. A lot of checks have to be made.

Take my wife's case for it's our second application we applied at the end of May 2014, and it was seen on 16th June 2014. Until now all they say is they are doing further enquiries. One could enquire what is taking so long but they have a point when they say it takes 12-24 weeks for a decision. Obviously this is clever on their part because you have to sit patiently until the 24 weeks are over and then they escalate. Escalate is even a longer wait at it's up to them to do it when they want.

I can say firmly that our second application wasn't at all different from the first. We met the requirements in place and it should not take this long. Yet it has.

I can also say firmly what others are saying and it's that they are treating Pakistanis differently to those applicants from different countries. But they are getting away with it by being saying be patient and wait the 12-24 week time frame for a decision.

All we can do is wait. That's what I've been doing for the past 2 years. If you have trust in your lord, then it should be a simple task. No need to get impatient as you have done your part, the rest falls on those ECO's. A time will come when they will be dependent on someone else.
i remember posting a comment copying and pasting from visa processing time web page... and comparing Pakistani and Indian ratio of cases being decided within 90 working days... and it was 29% for Pakistanis and Indian nationals were 93%..

after that comment i can't even see their website to track the number of decisions being made. I am not afraid to say that only Pakistani nationals are being treated like this, even though India or other countries are also High risk countries for UK visas. We sitting there quietly and doing nothing . Only now i realised what my dad used to say that you can never ever change your skin color and can never erase your identity. After all we are all Pakistanis first and then so called BRITISH who are not even allowed to bring their spouses in this country... clearly DISCRIMINATION :| :| :|

Shaggy000

Post by Shaggy000 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Hope so this all situation on islamabad doent effect in our visa's ....did anybody know when emabssy is opened ...

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Service will resume as 'normal' on Monday 18th!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Mrs Asim how do you know the BHC was closed? Did you contact them?

InshAllah we get good news this week.

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Yes got a automated response about when they will resume service.