ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help- Queries on Set (O) form for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sidmoksh
Newly Registered

Help- Queries on Set (O) form for ILR

Post by Sidmoksh » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Hello,

I have a few queries on the form. I am applying on the 18/08/2014, changing from Tier 1 to ILR for my wife and I.

1) Page 21- of the form asks for Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying under in my case would be Tier1. Page 22, 6.3 asks for- What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK. The options being-

Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK?
Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons
Original official documents: (medical/birth/death certificate(s))
Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel
Other

In my case I have had 3 employers in the last 3 years and to get a letter from my ex-employer would be a difficult task. My question is is this relevant to myself as I have not been outside the country for more than 180 days. So would a personal letter from myself be suffice? Should I Leave the section blank or a letter from employer is required?

2) Page 65- 11L Tier 1 (General) migrant
If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing five years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules

What documents can I provide as they are asking for documents before I was granted leave as Tier1? Would the previous visa confirmations on the passport be suffice? If not please advice.

3) The form does not ask for any informaton about dependants. Knowing this should I still provide documents for my wife? For vvidence of co-habilitaion - joint bank statement, council tax, estate agent letter be acceptable? Do I need anything else?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Sid

Subtle

Re: Help- Queries on Set (O) form for ILR

Post by Subtle » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:43 pm

1) This question has been debated quite a few times. Search for it on the forums and decide what you want to do. Even if you have not been outside UK for more than 180 days, you still have to provide the evidence.

2) You only have to provide evidence if your consecutive 5 years period is not made up of only T1G. But if you are claiming 5 years on the bases of T1G plus some other category, then you have to provide evidence for that other category.

3) Section 2 of current form asks about dependants who are applying with you. If no dependant is applying with you, then you dont need to send their info. If your wife is applying with you at the same time, you need provide cohabitation docs.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

Sidmoksh
Newly Registered

Re: Help- Queries on Set (O) form for ILR

Post by Sidmoksh » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Thanks for your response, however I am not sure why we cant provide wageslips or bank statements which can act as a proof and the home office just requires employers letter as a proof. I met a immigration lawyer who suggested this evidence is only for those who have work related absences which isnt in my case.

I know you mentioned to check other forums which I did on similar topic however my question is- Is an employer letter a requirement, if we cant get that are we jeopardising the application or we can substitute it with a personal letter/wageslips/bank statements.

Thanks
Sid