ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa and overseas secondment - extending Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gajang
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa and overseas secondment - extending Tier 2 visa

Post by gajang » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of applying for my Tier 2 visa out of country. I have received my CoS and now just have to make the visa application etc. I had been working for my employer for 2 years now, but had to leave recently due to my old visa expiring. I will be returning to UK to work for same employer. My employer has now offered me a 12 month secondment opportunity outside of UK, with the intention I work for 12 months outside of UK in a new business location for us, and then return to UK.

What I would like to know about is how this would effect ILR in the future. I believe I need to be in UK for 5 years to apply for ILR. If I am away for 12 months, and the Tier 5 visa is valid for 3/5 years, this wouldn't be possible. I believe the Tier 2 can be extended to maximum for 6 years? Is it possible to extend the Tier 2 visa beyond this?

Thank you in advance