ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahjee1234

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Mrs.P wrote:hello Red scorpion,

I filled in both section because they had my mum's address on record from when I sent my tier 1 ent application back in 2012, and my solicitor's do not represent me anymore. I feel so exhausted now, I have been praying for all of us, I hope they silly caseworkers come to their senses soon and I have a feeling that they have lost my passport. Shahjee please pray for us.
Hi Mrs P and Red scorpion,
I know it has taken longer for both of you, and this wait is frustrating, when you know that you are almost there. Stay strong buddies, this is your time to stay focused, and channel your energies in positive thoughts. MrsP you can see one of our member prem_singh, got his good news today, and Home Office asked him about his documents just last week similar circumstances like your case, so I would say your is not far. Hope for the best and good things will happen for you and will happen soon. Our best wishes and prayers be with you both. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

veryconfused.com
Newly Registered

Post by veryconfused.com » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I will appreciate help from any of the guru's regarding my case please.

I have been reading the blog and feel I might be able to get an answer to my trivial yet concerning questions.

1. I have been in UK for 10 years. I entered on Sept 5th 2004 and wish to apply for 10yr ILR. All my applications for extensions were done before the current leave expired. But in some cases it has been stamped after the leave expired. For Eg, Student visa leave expires on 31st Jan. Application made 29th Jan and received by the UKBA on 30th January. Extension of the visa granted from March... This has happened for 3 occasions. This is still considered in time application? Will this affect my ILR application? How will they know that it was an in time application? Do I need to specify in any form (cover letter may be?)

2. I am hoping to apply on the 4th Sept. What documents shall I include? I have all my passports so was thinking the following -
- Passports
-UK Degree (English proficiency)
-Life in the UK test results
- Application form
- Cover letter

3. I am not planning on sending any bank statements with my application. Is there a requirement to send 3 months bank statements to show certain money in your account? What about pay slips?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Very Confused Person

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:12 pm

hi guys..
please update any one receive this week on April Approval letter..pls
thax

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks Shahgee and Shahkakaram for your reply that has clear my confusion now. Am I right to say that I can apply for my ILR after 7th of Sept? Also do I need anything else apart from below,

SET(LR) filled form
All passports along with my current BRP
Life in the UK PASS CERT,
Masters Degree done from UK

Thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:10 pm

veryconfused.com wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been reading the blog and feel I might be able to get an answer to my trivial yet concerning questions.

1. I have been in UK for 10 years. I entered on Sept 5th 2004 and wish to apply for 10yr ILR. All my applications for extensions were done before the current leave expired. But in some cases it has been stamped after the leave expired. For Eg, Student visa leave expires on 31st Jan. Application made 29th Jan and received by the UKBA on 30th January. Extension of the visa granted from March... This has happened for 3 occasions. This is still considered in time application? Will this affect my ILR application? How will they know that it was an in time application? Do I need to specify in any form (cover letter may be?)

2. I am hoping to apply on the 4th Sept. What documents shall I include? I have all my passports so was thinking the following -
- Passports
- Application form
- Cover letter

3. I am not planning on sending any bank statements with my application. Is there a requirement to send 3 months bank statements to show certain money in your account? What about pay slips?

Regards
Very Confused Person
Within the HO CID database, there is a thing called application raised date. That's the date of your application and next to it it states whether the application was valid and made in time. You don't need to worry if you are certain you made all your applications in time. However, if you want you can grab a copy of your records using a SAR request. Bear in mind it can take up to 2 months for HO to respond (normally 40 days).

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:11 pm

ilruk84 wrote:Am I right to say that I can apply for my ILR after 7th of Sept?
If you first entered on 5th Oct '04, then that's correct you can apply after 7th Sep 14.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:12 pm

prem_singh123 wrote:Balay Balay
Got approval letter, documents and BRP card today so happy to be freed.
I varied my application in April and last week I was sent a letter asking about my passports n degree which I replied that I varied my application and Home office got all passports n my college degree with my first application. Today got the approval.
Thanks everyone for your help and Gud luck everyone

congrats @prem_singh123

veryconfused.com
Newly Registered

Post by veryconfused.com » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks So much field drive.

What would you say about the documents that needs to be sent?

Many thanks
fielddrive wrote:
veryconfused.com wrote:Hi Guys,

- Passports
- Application form
- Cover letter

Regards
Very Confused Person
Within the HO CID database, there is a thing called application raised date. That's the date of your application and next to it it states whether the application was valid and made in time. You don't need to worry if you are certain you made all your applications in time. However, if you want you can grab a copy of your records using a SAR request. Bear in mind it can take up to 2 months for HO to respond (normally 40 days).

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi,
If a person in past when living on PBS system working and paying taxes & NI contributions had taken NHS free medicines from time to time. Then does that affect ILR application. How can a person freely check that he has clean record although never been asked to pay outstanding charges?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:41 pm

congratulations Prem_singh123 ........... its given me hope that i should hear from HO soon as finally they started april application.

enjoy ur freedom and all the best for future

regards
I varied my application in April and last week I was sent a letter asking about my passports n degree which I replied that I varied my application and Home office got all passports n my college degree with my first application. Today got the approval.
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

veryconfused.com
Newly Registered

Post by veryconfused.com » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi Zaif,

Do you have answer to your queries? I have similar questions... What documents to include and how to prove degree in English?

Thanks
zaifshaikh wrote:Hi Everyone,

I will be applying for ILR end of August 2014. But I have few questions in mind before I and hope you guys can help.

1) I have UK masters degree which I am using as proof for English language. (Do I have to reassess through NARIC as told by home office's website.)

2) I don't have any utility bills, council tax bill or employment letters. All I have is passport which shows that i've been here from last ten years. Is this going to be sufficient or I am in trouble.

3) I don't have a clue about point based calculator and how does it work.

4) The text in red color is from home office website. can you please explain it to me as it is bit confusing.

egrees taught or researched in English

You’ll need to prove your degree was both:
taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

You’ll need to provide your original degree certificate and 1 of the following:
a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

A quick reply from you guys will be much appreciated.

regards
zaifshaikh

ma14

Post by ma14 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Dear Members

Need urgent advise

My wife visa was refused last month because of English test i have appealed against it. Now i have to travel Pakistan in October and do not see appeal will be decided so soon.

Now if i want to withdraw my appeal and put fresh application again i have to prove my income. I am self employee what documents do i need to prove self employee income. My last year self employee income meet the threshold but did not submitted my tax return as its due in JAN 2015.

Please advise me what documents would be required to prove my income and how long normally taking for Flrm Visa.

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:44 pm

veryconfused.com wrote:Hi Zaif,

Do you have answer to your queries? I have similar questions... What documents to include and how to prove degree in English?

Thanks

I will be applying for ILR end of August 2014. But I have few questions in mind before I and hope you guys can help.

1) I have UK masters degree which I am using as proof for English language. (Do I have to reassess through NARIC as told by home office's website.)

2) I don't have any utility bills, council tax bill or employment letters. All I have is passport which shows that i've been here from last ten years. Is this going to be sufficient or I am in trouble.

4) The text in red color is from home office website. can you please explain it to me as it is bit confusing.

confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

regards
zaifshaikh
For Degree taught in UK, just submit your degree and mention in your cover letter. You do not require a NARIC certificate.

//The text you have included is for people like me who are submitting foreign (to UK) degrees. //

Passports BRP Degree LiUK are your requirements. Check the Guidance notes, Documents list on the form and also read form properly. Its listed what documents are needed with SET LR.

You don't need PB calculator. You're applying on long residence basis.

joanie

Post by joanie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi Prem Singh
Congratulations on receiving your ILR. Can you please tell us your varying process in detail? Did you vary yourself or through solicitor? Is it necessary to submit biometric for the initial application before varying application?
Thanks

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Hello Mrs.P
I got letter on Tuesday last week and I sent a reply same day (special delivery)
Mrs.P wrote:Congratulations Prem_singh123, can you please let us know when did they write to you asking for passports, when did you reply to them.

Thanks a lot.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:15 am

Great just Great. I've just found an article about the test centre where I took my ESOL test awarded by EMDQ has been suspended!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nship.html
V

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:27 am

Hello Shahjee,
I am in totally dilemma now since home office has brought the changes of forcing dependants to spend 5 years in order to get ILR. AS I am on Tier 1 General Visa which is expiring April 2016 and I will be completing 10 years next month September and was preparing for applying in Long residence visa category BUT this new changes mean that if I go for SET ( LR) route than my wife has to wait for 5 years to get ILR.

SO could you guys advise me whether should I apply for SET ( LR) next month or wait till April 2016 when my Tier 1 visa expire and apply under Tier 1 category for me and my wife. Which option is best? I am totally confused as I have been like many others waiting to complete my 10 years and apply for ILR. Please Advise.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:40 am

regards
zaifshaikh

I don't think you required any letter for NARIC as you have UK based Degree which fullfills the English language requirements, just mention in the covering letter.

Regards
Baz

timmoo
Newly Registered

Post by timmoo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:50 am

Dear All,

I am now ready to send my application (6 yrs student + 1 yr on PSW + 3 yrs Tier2).

I will be sending Set(LR) Application Form (version 07/2014) with the following:
- All passports (Current & Previous passports)
- BRP
- 2 x Photographs
- Life in UK Test Pass
- For English language (MSc degree & transcript)
- Photocopy of all of the above (not application form)
- OPTIONAL: Self-addressed Special Delivery envelope (for return of documents)

Please let me know if I am missing anything?

Many thanks,
Timmoo

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:35 am

timmoo wrote:Dear All,

I am now ready to send my application (6 yrs student + 1 yr on PSW + 3 yrs Tier2).

I will be sending Set(LR) Application Form (version 07/2014) with the following:
- All passports (Current & Previous passports)
- BRP
- 2 x Photographs
- Life in UK Test Pass
- For English language (MSc degree & transcript)
- Photocopy of all of the above (not application form)
- OPTIONAL: Self-addressed Special Delivery envelope (for return of documents)

Please let me know if I am missing anything?

Many thanks,
Timmoo
Hi Timmoo,
You are good to go mate. That is exactly what I send with my SET(LR) application form.
All the best mate. My prayers and best wishes with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

timmoo
Newly Registered

Post by timmoo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:33 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
timmoo wrote:
Hi Timmoo,
You are good to go mate. That is exactly what I send with my SET(LR) application form.
All the best mate. My prayers and best wishes with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thank you Shahjee.

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Congrats Prem singh..enjoy ur freedom

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:12 pm

viganooriah wrote:Great just Great. I've just found an article about the test centre where I took my ESOL test awarded by EMDQ has been suspended!!

@ Viganooriah ,

May i know the reason of that exclamatory sentence ? :shock: Great just Great??? do you think because of this suspension you have been called for an interview ??? :o

best of luck !

Regards ,

S.Akaram

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:27 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Hello Shahjee,
I am in totally dilemma now since home office has brought the changes of forcing dependants to spend 5 years in order to get ILR. AS I am on Tier 1 General Visa which is expiring April 2016 and I will be completing 10 years next month September and was preparing for applying in Long residence visa category BUT this new changes mean that if I go for SET ( LR) route than my wife has to wait for 5 years to get ILR.

SO could you guys advise me whether should I apply for SET ( LR) next month or wait till April 2016 when my Tier 1 visa expire and apply under Tier 1 category for me and my wife. Which option is best? I am totally confused as I have been like many others waiting to complete my 10 years and apply for ILR. Please Advise.
Hi Bharatsharma,
Don't be confused mate, two quite clear paths. If you take the SET(LR) path than hopefully by April 2016 you will be applying for your naturalisation as a British citizen, yes I know that your Mrs will have to cover the displacement to reach to her ILR but at least you will have the ILR as the main sponsor and that is what matters.
With Tier 1, if you don't have any problems with showing evidence of your income and meeting up the points, than you know better that you and your Mrs are already on course to settlement, and that would be ILR for you in April 2016 if you apply through the PEO, and obviously a bit long if you apply through post. And than come April of 2017 you and your Mrs will be applying for your naturalisation as British citizens, fingers crossed if every thing is in order.
So I have laid it out for you, and I know it's tough but you have to pick and choose.
If you ask my opinion, your choice is easy, you will be eligible to apply SET(LR) in September 2014, you don't apply, just watch the rules carefully and hope that Home Office will not be changing any rules that effects you in any ways. If God forbid there is any thing, than you can easily apply for SET(LR) at that point of time and save your self, otherwise if nothing happens, you wait patiently till April 2016, and than go to the PEO and apply ILR for your self and your Mrs, and this way you go together. So basically SET(LR) is your safety cushion which you will be eligible for any time, just in case if Home Office act funny and try to change any rules that will effect your Tier1 settlement route. I hope it all make sense. I know a lot of members might not agree with me, but my opinion is considering the balance of convenience in your case. I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
viganooriah wrote:Great just Great. I've just found an article about the test centre where I took my ESOL test awarded by EMDQ has been suspended!!

@ Viganooriah ,

May i know the reason of that exclamatory sentence ? :shock: Great just Great??? do you think because of this suspension you have been called for an interview ??? :o

best of luck !

Regards ,

S.Akaram
Shahkakaram wrote:

@ Viganooriah ,

best of luck !

Regards ,

S.Akaram
As it's been said over and over on this forum, no one get called for interview when applying for ILR SET LR, but I have, and just found that article last night. So my guess is the Home Office may want to confirm that I actually took my test myself.
V