ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:20 pm

lady14 wrote:Hi all, I just want to thank you all on this forum and inform you that I have received my approval letter and documents. I have been granted 30 months leave and patiently waiting for my BRP.
I pray that all those waiting will receive their approval soon.
My Timeline is:

Date applied. 11/6/14
Date received acknowledgement. 13/6/14
Date biometric received. 18/6/14
Date biometric done at PO. 18/6/14
Date approval letter and documents received . 13/8/14
Awaiting BRP
Congratulations lady14. I wish you all the best, remain bless
Your expectation will manifest very soon

lady14
Newly Registered

Post by lady14 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:32 am

Thank you all ,it is like a huge burden has been lifted off me. Djbonnet i will let you know if I am entitled to public fund when my BRP arrives.

laseye
Newly Registered

Post by laseye » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:07 pm

please people of wisdom
How long does it take home office to make decision after request of additional document?.
thanks great people with great mind.

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:41 pm

laseye wrote:please people of wisdom
How long does it take home office to make decision after request of additional document?.
thanks great people with great mind.

Within,2 weeks you should hear from them

Hapann
Newly Registered

Post by Hapann » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:09 pm

Here is my story

Overstayer came Uk 2002 on visitor visa, been with British partner 3.5 years. Put application in 2012 refused in 2013, sent reconsideration still refused. No removal issued denying chance to apply human rights.

Lived with partner now 2.5 years put FLR (FP) in this week on basis partner is pregnant. Due to get married next month. Anyone had similar experience, we both stressed.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:54 am

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/new-stat ... -109458721

Finally the message is filtering through that article 8 claims are for the judiciary and not for the HO to illogically speculative over/ access in terms of proportionality and credibility. All of a sudden that stupid Immigration Act 2014 looks much much much weaker - brilliant!!!!!!!!!! I hope I understood it correctly.
Furthermore the HO have got their knickers in a twist on the whole issue of ' if a removal is not of public interest so why issue DLR rather than ILR to parents /spouses of British Citizens? - worth looking into seriously. MS MAY is clearly incompetent !!! That article has cheered me up a lot and also caused a massive headache because it is thoroughly comprehensive - Stay blessed people!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi everyone. As our court date gets nearer and no sign of an overturned decision we get more nervous . It's under a month away now.. I know I asked already, but is there anyone at all who can talk me through what will happen at court? How long will it take? Will we be asked questions separately? Is there chance of an answer there and then? Any experiences or knowledge would be amazing.. Thanks

Kiran khan
Newly Registered

Post by Kiran khan » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:41 am

Congratulations Collins and imensh on your success. Almost the same situation as yours. I was on work permit visa, British husband and child. Applied on 30/06/2014 on FLR-FP basis due to not fulfilling the financial requirements. Done the biometrics on 12/07/2014. It's almost 7 weeks now. I am waiting for a response from home office. I think, I will receive something by the end of this month or the first week of September.

Kiran khan
Newly Registered

Post by Kiran khan » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:54 am

Collins123 wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:
djbonnet wrote:Very happy for imnesh and collins. Congratulations, :). I applied flr fp as an 7 years overstayer husband of british citizen and father of twins. Its been 4 weeks since done biometric hopefully its our decission time in next coming weeks.
Congrats @ Collins, it seems like they are now working on applications based on dates applications were received. But still weird how applications made in May are still pending / waiting on the queue. But I'm really happy for you and Imensh.....Hopefully soon all of us still waiting will our good news. AMEN.
Some times it's worth giving them a call on 03001232241 option 4 (progress of application) in my case, once I made 8weeks on 05/08/2014, I called and after waiting in the que for 20mins I was informed my case isn't yet decided I should continue to wait. I reminded the advisor of the 8weeks processing times on the web site but challenged me that its just a guideline. However, just after a day in between, I received my BRP. If you're sure you're application is well over due, try giving them a call. I am sure it's not a criminal offence. I pray you get your freedom soon. God is with you
Hello colons congratulation on your success. Does this number charge.

Kiran khan
Newly Registered

Post by Kiran khan » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:06 am

imensh wrote:Thank you so much. Good news is coming for you inchallah
congratulations imensh, Allah help you.i have almost the same situation as yours. I was on work visa. British husband and child. Applied on 30/06/2014. InshaAllah I will hear good news from them soon. Pray for me.

nomorepride
Newly Registered

Post by nomorepride » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:26 pm

God is good..all the time. I got my BRP yesterday 15th August dated 12th August. I Wish everyone waiting favour and best of luck in Jesus name. Thanks so much for the useful information gathered here.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:41 am

nomorepride wrote:God is good..all the time. I got my BRP yesterday 15th August dated 12th August. I Wish everyone waiting favour and best of luck in Jesus name. Thanks so much for the useful information gathered here.
VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS @nomorepride, God continue to bless you !!!
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

atHOdiscretion
Newly Registered

Post by atHOdiscretion » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:53 am

Hi, I wonder what is the current waiting time for FLR(O) article 8. I have a bit complex case and was granted previous leave under old rules (2 grants of 3 years) DL.

Previous Visa: Article 8
Granted: 10-08-2011
Visa expires: 10-08-2014
Applied: 30-07-2014
Acct debited: 05-08-2014
Acknowledgement : 01-08-2014
Bio letter: 12-08-2014
Bio done: 13-08-2014
Granted: Waiting
Documents rec'd: Waiting
BRP: Waiting

omobajay
Newly Registered

Post by omobajay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:33 am

What made it complex..can u explain your situation and what made HO grant u the previous one 3yrs discretionary leave

atHOdiscretion
Newly Registered

Post by atHOdiscretion » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:16 pm

To cut a long story short I have been with my partner for over 19 years and in UK for over 17 years and I was granted the DL in 2011 based on my relationship.
Complexity occurred with me overstaying.

I am just wondering what the waiting time is for the paid DL cases now a days. :?:

omobajay
Newly Registered

Post by omobajay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:14 pm

8 weeks from when you received your acknowledgment letter as long as your condition remains the same as to when you got the 1st one like been still married and nt separated or still living 2gether and all and you not forgetting to declare all your drivin offences if you have one tickets and fines including public funds..thats all

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Hello good people,

seems there's been a number of approvals in the last few weeks. ....congrats to all those who have finally escaped the uncertainty of UK VI.

Well, I called the contact centre a few minutes ago and was told a "decision" has been made and sent this morning! I have been a right mess since trying to decipher what this means. People on this forum have been told "a package" has been sent to them, ultimately meaning their visa! I just don't know what to make of this phrase :(
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:47 pm

ThisYear wrote:Hello good people,

seems there's been a number of approvals in the last few weeks. ....congrats to all those who have finally escaped the uncertainty of UK VI.

Well, I called the contact centre a few minutes ago and was told a "decision" has been made and sent this morning! I have been a right mess since trying to decipher what this means. People on this forum have been told "a package" has been sent to them, ultimately meaning their visa! I just don't know what to make of this phrase :(
ThisYear- let me be the first to congratulate you in advance by God grace it will be the desired decision which is your stay

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:51 pm

nomorepride wrote:God is good..all the time. I got my BRP yesterday 15th August dated 12th August. I Wish everyone waiting favour and best of luck in Jesus name. Thanks so much for the useful information gathered here.
Congratulations

laseye
Newly Registered

Post by laseye » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:37 pm

I wonder if applications are dealt with based or time received now.. am a bit apprehensive these days

Applied: 26-06-2014
Acknowledgement : 07-07-2014
Bio letter: 12-07-2014
Bio done: 12-07-2014
Requested more documents: 09-08-2014
Sent : 12-08-2014

is the request for more documents a good sign? what is are the chances of been granted since i was able to supply all the documents requested ? and how long is it likely to take for response ?

just needed a bit of nerve relaxing information...
God bless us all and may our joy all be full this month..

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:08 pm

Kukuwife thank you, I receive it by faith.

I know I may be over thinking the use of A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE instead of A PACKAGE HAS BEEN SENT. I hope it means the same thing. Will update once I know
Kukuwife wrote:

ThisYear- let me be the first to congratulate you in advance by God grace it will be the desired decision which is your stay
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:19 pm

I don't think anyone is sure how decisions are made by ukvi, but generally most people who submitted further documentation once requested, do get a positive decision within 2 weeks or earlier as each case is different.

I pray you will get a good response soon.
laseye wrote:I wonder if applications are dealt with based or time received now.. am a bit apprehensive these days

Applied: 26-06-2014
Acknowledgement : 07-07-2014
Bio letter: 12-07-2014
Bio done: 12-07-2014
Requested more documents: 09-08-2014
Sent : 12-08-2014

is the request for more documents a good sign? what is are the chances of been granted since i was able to supply all the documents requested ? and how long is it likely to take for response ?

just needed a bit of nerve relaxing information...
God bless us all and may our joy all be full this month..
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Hello everyone
Exactly two years after I made an application for FLR O I received BRPs for myself and family. It has been a torturous 2 years and so many things have happened along the way but we give God all the glory for taking us to this expected end. Thanks also goes to everyone on this forum for sharing their life's experiences with one others. My timeline is as follows:

Application made: 20/08/2012
Refused:23/05/2013
Appeal Heard:21/02/2014
Appeal Allowed:17/03/2014
BRP issued:05/08/2014

You can read about my case by clicking on this http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1009230

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:22 pm

MRLAOLU wrote:Hello everyone
Exactly two years after I made an application for FLR O I received BRPs for myself and family. It has been a torturous 2 years and so many things have happened along the way but we give God all the glory for taking us to this expected end. Thanks also goes to everyone on this forum for sharing their life's experiences with one others. My timeline is as follows:

Application made: 20/08/2012
Refused:23/05/2013
Appeal Heard:21/02/2014
Appeal Allowed:17/03/2014
BRP issued:05/08/2014

You can read about my case by clicking on this http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1009230

I give God all the glory that those whose have been here from time are leaving here with testimonies and thunderous victories. MrOlaolu, a hearty congratulations we have been down this long road a wonderful person you are and your encouragements, I for one have been touched by them so therefore I rejoice with you wholeheartedly. This is just the beginning of the many things God has in store for you and your family. Joshua chapter 1 vs 3 came into fruition for you and I pray the same for those of us in waiting. Pardon my excessive typos, I am just delighted in spirit. Once again congratulations sir....

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:24 pm

The tide has fallen in your favour already ThisYear. Every patience does have it's rewards, that package will definitely be your breakthrough in Jesus name. Amen. I will join Kukuwife on this one also to congratulate you in advance. 2014 has so been a beautiful and glorious year...