ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shahkakaram

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:48 pm

viganooriah wrote:
As it's been said over and over on this forum, no one get called for interview when applying for ILR SET LR, but I have, and just found that article last night. So my guess is the Home Office may want to confirm that I actually took my test myself.
@ viganooriah ,

Kool , thats make sense to me ....be confident and best of luck mate ....Update us please after your interview .... :P

our best wishes and prayers are with you

Regards ,

S.Akaram

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
viganooriah wrote:
As it's been said over and over on this forum, no one get called for interview when applying for ILR SET LR, but I have, and just found that article last night. So my guess is the Home Office may want to confirm that I actually took my test myself.
@ viganooriah ,

Kool , thats make sense to me ....be confident and best of luck mate ....Update us please after your interview .... :P

Regards ,

S.Akaram
Thanx matey, I'll keep you guys posted.
God Bless
V

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:19 pm

viganooriah wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:
viganooriah wrote:
@ viganooriah ,

Regards ,

S.Akaram
Thanx matey, I'll keep you guys posted.
God Bless
Do you have any list of centers that been disqualified? We passed this test in Harrow, from their website looks like they still open.

Our SET(LR) interview next week, will keep you posted

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Do you have any list of centers that been disqualified? We passed this test in Harrow, from their website looks like they still open.

[/quote]

Unfortunately not. But all I know is that Learn Pass Succeed have had their licence revoked from EMDQ.
Sorry for not being of any help
V

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:05 pm

viganooriah wrote:Do you have any list of centers that been disqualified? We passed this test in Harrow, from their website looks like they still open.

Unfortunately not. But all I know is that Learn Pass Succeed have had their licence revoked from EMDQ.
Sorry for not being of any help[/quote]

Yes, you were help... I've checked my notes... We have passed at college, but thru exactly this Learn Pass Succeed harrow branch (but passed ourselves, no bribing - they were not offering to bribe them at that time!). I think this is reason for interview. Mystery solved I guess.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:24 pm

V

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:51 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:Hello Shahjee,
I am in totally dilemma now since home office has brought the changes of forcing dependants to spend 5 years in order to get ILR. AS I am on Tier 1 General Visa which is expiring April 2016 and I will be completing 10 years next month September and was preparing for applying in Long residence visa category BUT this new changes mean that if I go for SET ( LR) route than my wife has to wait for 5 years to get ILR.

SO could you guys advise me whether should I apply for SET ( LR) next month or wait till April 2016 when my Tier 1 visa expire and apply under Tier 1 category for me and my wife. Which option is best? I am totally confused as I have been like many others waiting to complete my 10 years and apply for ILR. Please Advise.
Hi Bharatsharma,
Don't be confused mate, two quite clear paths. If you take the SET(LR) path than hopefully by April 2016 you will be applying for your naturalisation as a British citizen, yes I know that your Mrs will have to cover the displacement to reach to her ILR but at least you will have the ILR as the main sponsor and that is what matters.
With Tier 1, if you don't have any problems with showing evidence of your income and meeting up the points, than you know better that you and your Mrs are already on course to settlement, and that would be ILR for you in April 2016 if you apply through the PEO, and obviously a bit long if you apply through post. And than come April of 2017 you and your Mrs will be applying for your naturalisation as British citizens, fingers crossed if every thing is in order.
So I have laid it out for you, and I know it's tough but you have to pick and choose.
If you ask my opinion, your choice is easy, you will be eligible to apply SET(LR) in September 2014, you don't apply, just watch the rules carefully and hope that Home Office will not be changing any rules that effects you in any ways. If God forbid there is any thing, than you can easily apply for SET(LR) at that point of time and save your self, otherwise if nothing happens, you wait patiently till April 2016, and than go to the PEO and apply ILR for your self and your Mrs, and this way you go together. So basically SET(LR) is your safety cushion which you will be eligible for any time, just in case if Home Office act funny and try to change any rules that will effect your Tier1 settlement route. I hope it all make sense. I know a lot of members might not agree with me, but my opinion is considering the balance of convenience in your case. I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

THANKS VERY MUCH SHAHJEE,
You are a very wise person and also kind to take time to help me out of my dilemma. You are always helpful towards all the members here and I genuinely wish to God to fullfills your all wishes in life .
your advise it very constructive and practical. I have also thought in a same way as I will be able to meet the requirements of Tier 1 General in April 2016. As a result I can apply for both me and my Mrs and avoid this 5 years wait for her ILR.

Just another little query, my Mrs has joined me in Nov 2011 thus will complete 5 years in Nov 2016. So does she need to wait till Nov 2016 and then apply for ILR? And cannot apply with me in April 2016. Please advise.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:09 pm

bharatsharma wrote:

You are a very wise person and also kind to take time to help me out of my dilemma. You are always helpful towards all the members here and I genuinely wish to God to fullfills your all wishes in life .
your advise it very constructive and practical. I have also thought in a same way as I will be able to meet the requirements of Tier 1 General in April 2016. As a result I can apply for both me and my Mrs and avoid this 5 years wait for her ILR.

Just another little query, my Mrs has joined me in Nov 2011 thus will complete 5 years in Nov 2016. So does she need to wait till Nov 2016 and then apply for ILR? And cannot apply with me in April 2016. Please advise.

Thanks for your kind words bharatsharma Bahi, I really appreciate.
Regards to your Mrs applying with in 2016, I don't think there is any thing stopping her from getting ILR with you in April 2016. I do understand that you are thinking on the footing that as she joined you in November 2011, hence she should complete 5 years before she apply for her ILR. bharatsharma Bahi you guys still have a long way to go, so please keep a watch out for test cases on the forum which are similar to that of yours, and see if couples are getting ILR together, and is the dependent time spend in the country especially Tier1 dependent time spend in the country widely considered at the time of ILR application of the main sponsor. This will give you a clear idea of what to expect. But thinking positive, I hope Home Office will not make a major issue of that. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:06 pm

veryconfused.com wrote:Hi Guys,

I will appreciate help from any of the guru's regarding my case please.

I have been reading the blog and feel I might be able to get an answer to my trivial yet concerning questions.

1. I have been in UK for 10 years. I entered on Sept 5th 2004 and wish to apply for 10yr ILR. All my applications for extensions were done before the current leave expired. But in some cases it has been stamped after the leave expired. For Eg, Student visa leave expires on 31st Jan. Application made 29th Jan and received by the UKBA on 30th January. Extension of the visa granted from March... This has happened for 3 occasions. This is still considered in time application? Will this affect my ILR application? How will they know that it was an in time application? Do I need to specify in any form (cover letter may be?)

2. I am hoping to apply on the 4th Sept. What documents shall I include? I have all my passports so was thinking the following -
- Passports
-UK Degree (English proficiency)
-Life in the UK test results
- Application form
- Cover letter

3. I am not planning on sending any bank statements with my application. Is there a requirement to send 3 months bank statements to show certain money in your account? What about pay slips?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Very Confused Person
Hi bro don't be confused you are spot on that's what u need but don't forget to send ur most innocent 2 photographs so that by looking at them caseworker decide to give you ILR straight away :) bro just joking u deserve it that's all u need to send
payslips and bank statements not necessary but if u want u can send 3 recent payslips and 3 bank statements showing pay coming in bank account.

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:27 pm

hi guys..
by the grace of Allah i got receive my approval today,,
time line
apply 12/04/2014
approval 15/04/2014
guys please those people are planing to apply this month i will suggest please send royal mail prepaid envelope ..its very helpful and you can track easily..
finally those people are waiting please patient .. i know its hard time but trust on god and calm down
waiting my brp i dont know how many days it will takes.. shahjee and other Senior person pls tell me how can i track my brp card ..
thax

lifeuk10years
Newly Registered

Post by lifeuk10years » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:38 pm

new to this forum. struggling to post. my question is, does iva have any effect on 10 years ilr route? applying in September. there is no ccj or penalty against me. checked on trust online. but got caught once by camera for speeding. successfully completed a course following that offence. no points.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:58 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:

Thanks for your kind words bharatsharma Bahi, I really appreciate.
Regards to your Mrs applying with in 2016, I don't think there is any thing stopping her from getting ILR with you in April 2016. I do understand that you are thinking on the footing that as she joined you in November 2011, hence she should complete 5 years before she apply for her ILR. bharatsharma Bahi you guys still have a long way to go, so please keep a watch out for test cases on the forum which are similar to that of yours, and see if couples are getting ILR together, and is the dependent time spend in the country especially Tier1 dependent time spend in the country widely considered at the time of ILR application of the main sponsor. This will give you a clear idea of what to expect. But thinking positive, I hope Home Office will not make a major issue of that. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks very much for your swift and invaluable advise. God bless you my Brother.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:05 pm

khan7861 wrote:hi guys..
time line
apply 12/04/2014
approval 15/04/2014
guys please those people are planing to apply this month i will suggest please send royal mail prepaid envelope ..its very helpful and you can track easily..
finally those people are waiting please patient .. i know its hard time but trust on god and calm down
waiting my brp i dont know how many days it will takes.. shahjee and other Senior person pls tell me how can i track my brp card ..
thax
Congratulations Khan7861,
My wife applied on 09/04/14 and still waiting. But she/we applied through solicitors, so I doubt that solicitors would have put prepaid envelope!
Congratulations again.
As we say on here, Enjoy your FREEDOM
V

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:49 pm

time line
apply 12/04/2014
approval 15/04/2014
thax
hi khan7861,
Many congratulations mate. Well done, good early result for you. Enjoy your freedom.
Regards to BRP, that will be delivered by DX, their numbers are 08443710000 and 08443713335. They will ask you for a reference number, just say you don't have a reference number for them, but you are expecting a BRP card to your address. Just give them your postcode and address and they will tell you if there is some thing on its way for you. Check it first thing Monday morning and I hope they say YES it's on its way, and than it's happy days. Make sure you keep your photo ID handy as the courier will check it before he give you the BRP card.
In the end from one Khan to another Khan in Pashto, Umbarak sha rore jana :lol:
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:55 pm

good evening guys and gurus and SHAJEE

just wanted to know if someone have applied for ILR(LR) and got refused due to gap of more then 28 days.
wanted to know what have they done for it and if they have succeeded or not.

would really appreciate all you guys help

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Bigboy86 wrote:good evening guys and gurus and SHAJEE

just wanted to know if someone have applied for ILR(LR) and got refused due to gap of more then 28 days.

Hi Bigboy86,
Would you please explain a bit about your case. Where is that 28 days gap and how ?
Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:30 pm

time line
apply 12/04/2014
approval 15/04/2014
thax
HI Khan7861 ,

Congratulation ! Enjoy your freedom ..... :D
i think its a typo error that you applied on 12/04 and approved on 15/04 its should be 15/08/2014 any way in short we should keep an eye on the essence that finally you got it .... :P
sooner or later inshaallah every buddy will get positive reply

Thanks
Regards ,
S.Akaram

mrahk
Newly Registered

Post by mrahk » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Asalam Walikum Brother/Sister,

I m a Silent reader of this forum and Alhumd uli ALLAH I got APPROVAL from HOME OFFICE via Special Delivery on 16 August 2014 dated latter 14-08-2014 , the date i also dream because i m also free from Boundaries and Restriction like PAKISTAN Independence Day...Ma Sha ALLAH ALLAH my two son will be soon registered as British bc they Born here. I have just worried for My WIFE who came to country in JAN 2008 as PBS dependant . Let see but I purely believe in ALLAH decision not mine or HOME OFFICE , in the last I really thanks for ALL of my friends and family as well the members of immigration board ILR 10 Years. Specially Thanks To Shahjee I ll pray for those who are waiting and going to apply their settlement. My details are down below.

Application send: 02/04/2014
Acknowledge received: 04/04/2014
Biometric received: 08/04/2014
Biometric recorded: 11/04/2014
Approval date: 16/08/2014

Thanks .

Arshad.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:52 pm

mrahk wrote:Asalam Walikum Brother/Sister,

I m a Silent reader of this forum and Alhumd uli ALLAH I got APPROVAL from HOME OFFICE via Special Delivery on 16 August 2014 dated latter 14-08-2014 , the date i also dream because i m also free from Boundaries and Restriction like PAKISTAN Independence Day...Ma Sha ALLAH ALLAH my two son will be soon registered as British bc they Born here. I have just worried for My WIFE who came to country in JAN 2008 as PBS dependant . Let see but I purely believe in ALLAH decision not mine or HOME OFFICE , in the last I really thanks for ALL of my friends and family as well the members of immigration board ILR 10 Years. Specially Thanks To Shahjee I ll pray for those who are waiting and going to apply their settlement. My details are down below.

Thanks .

Arshad.
Hi Arshad ,

Congratulation ! Happy independence days ......i can re phrase your statement that we got independence from British and now you and all of us are going to be british ... :P ......14TH Aug your unforgettable date ....hehehe

We guys will write the book ...."Journey from Green book to Red book "( Green kitaab say Lal kitaab tak ka safar ) :P

Enjoy your freedom ,

Regards ,

S.Akaram

mrahk
Newly Registered

Post by mrahk » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:14 am

Shahkakaram wrote:

Thanks .

Arshad.
Hi Arshad ,

Congratulation ! Happy independence days ......i can re phrase your statement that we got independence from British and now you and all of us are going to be british ... :P ......14TH Aug your unforgettable date ....hehehe

We guys will write the book ...."Journey from Green book to Red book "( Green kitaab say Lal kitaab tak ka safar ) :P

Enjoy your freedom ,

Regards ,

S.Akaram
Yes S.Akaram.

Off course Brother Thats a bitter truth But we are so Happy To get this achievement but too be honest we are forgetting our Main goals that Final Destiny toward ALLAH ....Think about it In sha ALLAH ALLAH will mercy upon all MUSLIM and give hidaya ..Ameen.

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:25 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
Bigboy86 wrote:good evening guys and gurus and SHAJEE

Hi Bigboy86,
Would you please explain a bit about your case. Where is that 28 days gap and how ?
Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
thankyou for ur reply shajee my case is as follows

i have a gap of 92 days due to i applied on 28/06/2009 and home office returned my application due to not taking the fees on 14/07/2009, and then i applied again on 17th/07/2009 refuse second time due to me sending the bank statement with not enough money in it, they refused and told me to leave the country with no right of appeal, then i applied via a solicitor as a new application on 06/08/2009 and got visa granted, on 01/10/2009, BUT i managed to get a letter from barclays stating that i had enough money in my account and there was no attempt from home office of taking the payment.

so i am told that i have a gap of 92 days from june until ocotber

i am going through solicitor so that i have full legal support from start.
just hoping if anyone had any luck with their application.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:16 am

Thanks .

Arshad.
Arshad Bahi Mubarak Mubarak, Kya date hay, 14th August approval. You will never forget it. It is well deserved and well earned. Not to worry you are done, now a new fight begins for your Mrs visa, every thing will be alright, because you being the main sponsor is what matters. I am very happy for you. My prayers and best wishes to you. I hope to talk to you soon. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:30 am

@Arshad

many congratulations on independence day. What exact documents original and photocopy did you send to achieve success.
regards

tumbin
Newly Registered

Post by tumbin » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:25 pm

[quote="viganooriah"]Great just Great. I've just found an article about the test centre where I took my ESOL test awarded by EMDQ has been suspended!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nship.html

Hello Every1,
Another silent addict of this website here.
Its unfortunate that geniune people are treated like they have cheated as well. My Mrs has passed her english test from upton park as well. But my Mrs have taken another test and send it along a covering letter to consider new certificate. She
has applied in April so i am hoping her decision to come through in next three weeks. If someone else is in same situation i would recommend to do so to avoid any unnecessary hassle.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:58 pm

tumbin wrote:
viganooriah wrote:Great just Great. I've just found an article about the test centre where I took my ESOL test awarded by EMDQ has been suspended!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nship.html

Hello Every1,
Another silent addict of this website here.
Its unfortunate that geniune people are treated like they have cheated as well. My Mrs has passed her english test from upton park as well. But my Mrs have taken another test and send it along a covering letter to consider new certificate. She
has applied in April so i am hoping her decision to come through in next three weeks. If someone else is in same situation i would recommend to do so to avoid any unnecessary hassle.
Hello Tubin
It sounds like your wife didn't receive any letter from Home Office asking her to attend an interview.
Unfortunately I found this article only on Friday 15 August 2014 late night and my interview is this coming week, which means I didn't have a chance to do another English test!
V