ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 section 3(1)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stella31k
Newly Registered

MN1 section 3(1)

Post by stella31k » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi everyone! Need a good advise.
My daughter was born outside the UK, she came here as a 3 years old and ever since has been living here continuously and lawfully for more then 10 years. She has Leave to Remain until May 2016. I became British citizen in May this year and her father got his ILR recently, also my second daughter who was born here is British citizen.
Can we apply using all this information form MN1 under section 3(1) for her? Or should we first apply SET(F)?
Many thanks!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 section 3(1)

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:08 pm

I would think an application for citizenship would be reasonable given the circumstances.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

stella31k
Newly Registered

Post by stella31k » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Thank you Amber!

stella31k
Newly Registered

Post by stella31k » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi everyone!
As more I ask about this case more I get negative answer...
Dear Amber and everyone else, who's got similar case could you let me know how many % this is going to be successful?
4 out of 6 sources said NO, with different reasons. Should I apply SET(F) for my daughter first to make sure and then MN1? Or should I apply for her MN1 together with my husband's naturalization next year, when he's got his 12 months period after ILR? Would it be consider as a 'family application' and will it be combined fees and one case? I am getting more confused even by writing all this. :?
Read some info here similar cases, in a 'time-scale' something like that, but unfortunately with no detailed info.
Please kind people reply me if I can apply MN1 even she has no ILR and was not born here. I am naturalized British on the basis of long residence, my husband is settled also on the base of long residence.
Many many thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:41 am

kingascona was successful.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

stella31k
Newly Registered

Post by stella31k » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:56 pm

Thank you so much vinny!!!!!!!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:01 pm

However, others may not be so lucky.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.