ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife and Child after my ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Times
Newly Registered

Post by Times » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:06 pm

Hi,

I am currently on a Work Permit and am due my ILR in march next year. I have acouple of quick questions to ask:

My wife is in a dependent visa currently. And we are expecting our first child in february next year (1 month before my ILR).
My wife had to go to India due to some personal reasons. And we expect our baby to be born there.

The question i have is:
1) When my wife wishes to come back here some where in march under what visa category will she be coming back, assuming i have an ILR and she doesn't. Would her old dependent via still be valid.

From what i have read it seems to apply for ILR along with my wife she needs to be present here. So she cant get it for now.

2) What would be the visa category for my baby, if i need to get it from the British Embassy in India.

3) After how long will they be eligible to apply for ILR after me receiving it.

All responses would be appreciated.

Thanks,

PB

Post by PB » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:17 pm

Well, you do not have to apply for the ILR, you would be better off waiting till she is back here otherwise you might have to shell out the ILR fee twice. The baby should also be eligible for one s/he is here, but initially you might have to apply for a Dependent visa in India