ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Baby born outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scl83
Newly Registered

British Baby born outside the UK

Post by scl83 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:59 am

Hi,

This question has probably come up a thousand times! I've looked through dozens of posts here and can't quite find a situation similar to mine.

I am a British Father (British genes and descent for the last thousand years!) and my girlfriend is Danish and we've been living in Denmark for just over 2 years. I am looking to make my daughter (also 2 years old) a British citizen because one day we want to come back to England. Simply put, is it an easy process to apply for her British Citizenship and Passport? I have no problem with completing forms and paying any fee's etc, but like most people, there is a fear of getting it wrong!!

I have looked at the GUIDE MN1 Registration as a British citizen – A guide about the registration of children under 18 and I won't lie to you, there is so much pointless text in there - why these documents can't give you a simple answer I don't know!! However, if someone can simplify it for me that would be perfect

:)

- Sam

vinny

Re: British Baby born outside the UK

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:09 am

If you were born in the UK, then child is automatically British. See also I am British, I want to get my daughter to the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

scl83
Newly Registered

Re: British Baby born outside the UK

Post by scl83 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:54 am

Thanks Vinny!