ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zee09

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by zee09 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Applied Online: 11th August 2014 (CAT A first app)
Applied in Lahore VAC: 20th August 2014
Current Status: Not yet assessed by ECO.

Has0907
Newly Registered

Post by Has0907 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:44 am

Salaam All,

This is my first post but have been following the forum for quite a while.

I was wondering whether anyone can help me with a query I have. Alhamdulillah my wife was granted her spouse visa on the 6th August 2014 (she submitted her application on the 18th July 2014 so a really quick turnaround alhamdulillah).

Is there a specific time frame for when she has to enter the UK? I keep on hearing your spouse has to enter the UK within 28 days; some forums suggesting within 90 day, I'm really not sure.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:14 am

prayforus wrote:I wouldn't believe the average is 6 minutes for an Eco to check a case. It is a long procedure and a lot of work is involved sorting the genuine applicants from those who use bad quality paperwork. A lot of checks have to be made.

Take my wife's case for it's our second application we applied at the end of May 2014, and it was seen on 16th June 2014. Until now all they say is they are doing further enquiries. One could enquire what is taking so long but they have a point when they say it takes 12-24 weeks for a decision. Obviously this is clever on their part because you have to sit patiently until the 24 weeks are over and then they escalate. Escalate is even a longer wait at it's up to them to do it when they want.

I can say firmly that our second application wasn't at all different from the first. We met the requirements in place and it should not take this long. Yet it has.

I can also say firmly what others are saying and it's that they are treating Pakistanis differently to those applicants from different countries. But they are getting away with it by being saying be patient and wait the 12-24 week time frame for a decision.

All we can do is wait. That's what I've been doing for the past 2 years. If you have trust in your lord, then it should be a simple task. No need to get impatient as you have done your part, the rest falls on those ECO's. A time will come when they will be dependent on someone else.
spot on! keep faith evryone
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:15 am

Has0907 wrote:Salaam All,

I was wondering whether anyone can help me with a query I have. Alhamdulillah my wife was granted her spouse visa on the 6th August 2014 (she submitted her application on the 18th July 2014 so a really quick turnaround alhamdulillah).

Is there a specific time frame for when she has to enter the UK? I keep on hearing your spouse has to enter the UK within 28 days; some forums suggesting within 90 day, I'm really not sure.

mashallah that is amazing!! congrats to u :) please do duwa for us all! i have herd it is 90 days but u should leave as soon as to avoid any problems as thy might wonder why it took so long

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:17 am

Ket1 wrote:

mashallah that is amazing!! congrats to u :) please do duwa for us all! i have herd it is 90 days but u should leave as soon as to avoid any problems as thy might wonder why it took so long
when my cousin wen to pik up her visa and pasport thy sed sh should leav within 28 days of the pasport being stamped! so its better to b safe then sory i guess

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:25 am

Your wife's visa is for a duration of 33 months of which the first 3 months are for travelling into the UK, your wife must spend full 30 months (less any holiday time off) in UK to be eligible for an extension. it is better to travel ASAP this will allow your wife to apply for an extension before the visa expires.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:30 am

tallojani wrote:

Your wife's visa is for a duration of 33 months of which the first 3 months are for travelling into the UK, your wife must spend full 30 months (less any holiday time off) in UK to be eligible for an extension. it is better to travel ASAP this will allow your wife to apply for an extension before the visa expires.
sory if its a silly question but does this mean the applicant cannot go back home until after 30 months? after the extension has been granted?

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:56 am

To enquire about our application ..do we ring islamabad high commission or islamabad gerrys ??

I want my husband to ring and find out if he can but I wasn't sure who to ring

Anybody got any contact details for applicants in Islamabad..?

Thank you

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:17 am

saf786 wrote:To enquire about our application ..do we ring islamabad high commission or islamabad gerrys ??

I want my husband to ring and find out if he can but I wasn't sure who to ring

Anybody got any contact details for applicants in Islamabad..?

Thank you
u call the tracking service from here wich is 00 44 1243 218 119 but personally its a waste of time and money, they just tell you the same thngs as in the email. charged me 19 pound n didnt gt anywer

Has0907
Newly Registered

Post by Has0907 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:18 am

tallojani wrote:

Thank you for the reply.

I'm assuming your spouse can still travel to Pakistan as long as you are accompanying her during the visit as extensions to visa's are granted on each individual merit.

Shaggy000

Post by Shaggy000 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:39 pm

Hey i email them about my case that why they giving us reply in time frame they ask me HO refrnce num what is this ???can u ecplain plz

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Shaggy000 wrote:
Hey i email them about my case that why they giving us reply in time frame they ask me HO refrnce num what is this ???can u ecplain plz
should be the refernce number given when u applied starting with the application centre name, for example for lahore it would start with LHE

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Ket1 wrote:
tallojani wrote:

sory if its a silly question but does this mean the applicant cannot go back home until after 30 months? after the extension has been granted?
Applicant is allowed to be absent from the country for so many days a year for holiday (not sure of exact days).
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Why is the city and guild test certificate listening and speaking given out seperatly ? It's so annoying we have been waiting ages over 2 months and just got one of them now have to wait for the other :(

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:44 pm

Anybody heard anything today ? Or know anybody who has ??

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Masha Allah fantastic news. Congratulations and may Allah make everyones visa granted.

what centre did you apply under?

Did you get a phone call to let you know to pick up passport?

did you receive a SMS? or you didnt? Or email?

Has0907
Newly Registered

Post by Has0907 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:20 am

abdulraheem123 wrote:

Masha Allah fantastic news. Congratulations and may Allah make everyones visa granted.

what centre did you apply under?

Did you get a phone call to let you know to pick up passport?

did you receive a SMS? or you didnt? Or email?
Thank you and Insha Allah everyone's visa will be granted.

My wife applied in Islamabad and received a phone call telling her your passport is ready for collection. No email or SMS.

sumeensaleem
Newly Registered

Post by sumeensaleem » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:31 am

WEEK 25
DAY 119

STILL WAITING...

sumeensaleem
Newly Registered

Post by sumeensaleem » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:32 am

Thank you and Insha Allah everyone's visa will be granted.

My wife applied in Islamabad and received a phone call telling her your passport is ready for collection. No email or SMS.[/quote]

Hi,
whats your timeline inc visa application centre?

Has0907
Newly Registered

Post by Has0907 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:58 pm

sumeensaleem wrote:Thank you and Insha Allah everyone's visa will be granted.

My wife applied in Islamabad and received a phone call telling her your passport is ready for collection. No email or SMS.

Hi,
whats your timeline inc visa application centre?[/quote]

Hi,

Online Application: 03/07/2014
Documents submiited at Islamabad Visa Centre: 18/07/2014
Visa granted: 06/08/2014

sami3

Post by sami3 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Has0907 wrote:

Hi,
Hi,

Visa granted: 06/08/2014[/quote]

MashAllah i cant believe what i am reading... so your visa was granted in less than a month... MashAllah :D ... There is no apparent reason to hold my application... earning 32k,... English Test Genuine

Online Application 09/01/2014
Documents submitted at Islamabad 20/01/2014
RFC.... still waiting

Has0907
Newly Registered

Post by Has0907 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:42 pm

sami3 wrote:
Has0907 wrote:

Hi,
Hi,

MashAllah i cant believe what i am reading... so your visa was granted in less than a month... MashAllah :D ... There is no apparent reason to hold my application... earning 32k,... English Test Genuine

RFC.... still waiting[/quote]

Alhamdulillah, I was surprised myself when my wife called with the news. Insha Allah you'll be granted your visa soon :D

The number of times I went through all my documentation to ensure everything was in order was ridiculous lol. I did submit more evidence than what was required in terms of payslips, communication etc.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:48 pm

sami3 wrote:
Has0907 wrote:

Hi,
Hi,

RFC.... still waiting[/quote]

Hi what english test did your spouse because if it is ETS/ NTS then they would carry out futher checks etc. Whereas people apply with IELTs/ KET/ city and guild have received quicker responses as long as other docs are in order.

But inshallah you will hear soon.

sumeensaleem
Newly Registered

Post by sumeensaleem » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi what english test did your spouse because if it is ETS/ NTS then they would carry out futher checks etc. Whereas people apply with IELTs/ KET/ city and guild have received quicker responses as long as other docs are in order.

But inshallah you will hear soon.[/quote]

my husband did B1 city and guild, passed first time.
im earning over the financial requirement, i stayed in pakistan for 3.5 months after the wedding, ive submitted a lot of evidence regarding communication and travel tickets to and from Pakistan HOWEVER im still waiting...

ITS JUS PURE LUCCK :(

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Has0907 wrote:
Alhamdulillah, I was surprised myself when my wife called with the news. Insha Allah you'll be granted your visa soon :D

The number of times I went through all my documentation to ensure everything was in order was ridiculous lol. I did submit more evidence than what was required in terms of payslips, communication etc.

Hi Has0907,

Will you please share your document list ? It will help all of us who are in process of submitting the application soon INSHA'ALLAH.

Thanks.