ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Parent's ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tan_123
Newly Registered

Dependant Parent's ILR

Post by tan_123 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:08 am

Hi,
My parents used to visit me every year for 4 months on tourist visa but this time they tourist visa were rejected twice on different reasons: first time: Not enough documents submitted from my parents ( this was standard template they used to apply). Second time: They need my bank statements as well and told my parent you are unlikely to return to India.
My parents are over 65 years now, and none of them are working since last 8 years.

Can anyone please advise me on this, how to get tourist visa now or how to get ILR for my parents, do I have to apply via immigration lawyer or apply directly?

Thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Dependant Parent's ILR

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:41 am

Dunno about the visit visa but ILR is a sure impossibility. The is an Adult Dependent Visa but it costs £1906 per applicant and only anecdotal evidence of just one being granted.

Also a refusal will mean no more visit visas as intent to settle will be known...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....