ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tumbin
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by tumbin » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:17 pm

Hello Tubin
It sounds like your wife didn't receive any letter from Home Office asking her to attend an interview.
Unfortunately I found this article only on Friday 15 August 2014 late night and my interview is this coming week, which means I didn't have a chance to do another English test![/quote]

Dear Vigonooriah,

I knew it when it came on sky news in May but i was hoping they might get licence back in few months. Then i consulted someone he said they should ask you for another certficate but in some cases they have refused the visa application. So i decided to get her to do another test. I think they only want to verify your voice with the recording because that is the only way to verify and when u will speak with them they would know you are geniune. So wish u goodluck and let us know the good news asap.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:21 pm

tumbin wrote:Hello Tubin
It sounds like your wife didn't receive any letter from Home Office asking her to attend an interview.
Unfortunately I found this article only on Friday 15 August 2014 late night and my interview is this coming week, which means I didn't have a chance to do another English test!

Dear Vigonooriah,

I knew it when it came on sky news in May but i was hoping they might get licence back in few months. Then i consulted someone he said they should ask you for another certficate but in some cases they have refused the visa application. So i decided to get her to do another test. I think they only want to verify your voice with the recording because that is the only way to verify and when u will speak with them they would know you are geniune. So wish u goodluck and let us know the good news asap.[/quote]

Thanx Tubin,

I wished I watched the news more often now!! Anyway, thanks for everything, I will let you know what happened after the interview.
V

rizzz123
Newly Registered

Post by rizzz123 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:09 am

shahjee1234 wrote:NasirNNN and Shahkakaram really appreciate your kind words, I am flattered :lol:
Kind regards
Shahjee
hi i am new in this forum would u please help me
i submitted my application on 28th May 2014 and my biomatrics has been done on 17th june
and i want to travel on 7th october what should i do so that i can get my passport and documents on time.
Thanks.

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:25 am

Congratulations Khan7861 and Mrahk.

ILR135
Newly Registered

Post by ILR135 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:40 pm

HI All
Quick question, I got passport in post today and letter stating that my bpp will follow. It doesn't say anything about application being successful.
Does it mean I got it or should I worry.
Regards

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Hello it means you have been granted your ilr, congratulations, please let us know when did you apply, did your biometrics etc. Thanks. :D

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:56 pm

ILR135 wrote:HI All
Quick question, I got passport in post today and letter stating that my bpp will follow. It doesn't say anything about application being successful.
Regards
Hi ILR35,
Congratulations ,enjoy ur freedom,will please share ur timeline with us..
regards

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Regards
@ILR135 ,

Its means that you are granted with ILR ....Congratulation :P Thanking God and parities and more parties :)

Thanks for sharing this good news with the members of this forum .....

Enjoy your freedom ,

Regards ,

S.Akaram

ILR135
Newly Registered

Post by ILR135 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Thank you all. Applicants who are waiting, I wish you very best of luck. Patience is key.

as Allha said

O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient.

My time line is
Applied on 03/04/14
Payment was taken on 07/04/14
BIO done on 17/04/14
Got approval letter today 18/08/14

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:55 pm

ILR135 wrote:Thank you all. Applicants who are waiting, I wish you very best of luck. Patience is key.

as Allha said

O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient.

My time line is
Applied on 03/04/14
BIO done on 17/04/14
congrats buddy!

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:19 pm

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:35 pm

HI all

Congrats to all members getting their approval

and my prayers with all of those who are waiting

Regards

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:51 pm

Anything between 6000-8000 applications a month and only 97 case workers in their books!! It's about time UKVI starts employing more staff!
Last edited by viganooriah on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
V

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:52 pm

hi guys..
haha .. thax shahjee i like your comments.. sorry i had mistake i got receive 15/08/2014/ .. shahjee i called dx today .. they said they have't receive yet?? i will call 2maro as well .. anyway thax to your help...
any otherway do i need to track my brp card ???

ILR135
Newly Registered

Post by ILR135 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:16 pm

ILR135 wrote:Thank you all. Applicants who are waiting, I wish you very best of luck. Patience is key.

as Allha said

My time line is
Applied on 03/04/14
BIO done on 17/04/14

Got my brp today too. All done I guess for now.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:27 pm

ILR135 wrote: as Allha said

Beautifully Allah said. Congratulations

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Dear Shahjee,
I have the same documents. I have following questions
Q1> what about section D immigration history when did u leave and enter uk reason also. i went to Pak 3 times for almost 100 days what reasons should i write i went for.?
Q2> Do i need to attach any bank statements to prove funding or proof of address?
Q3> Do i need to make photocopies of passports as well?

Please reply
thanks
tanzeela

shahjee1234 wrote:
timmoo wrote:Dear All,

I am now ready to send my application (6 yrs student + 1 yr on PSW + 3 yrs Tier2).

I will be sending Set(LR) Application Form (version 07/2014) with the following:
- All passports (Current & Previous passports)
- BRP
- 2 x Photographs
- Life in UK Test Pass
- For English language (MSc degree & transcript)
- Photocopy of all of the above (not application form)
- OPTIONAL: Self-addressed Special Delivery envelope (for return of documents)

Please let me know if I am missing anything?

Many thanks,
Timmoo
Hi Timmoo,
You are good to go mate. That is exactly what I send with my SET(LR) application form.
All the best mate. My prayers and best wishes with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Dear Shahjee,
Q1> what about section D immigration history when did u leave and enter uk reason also. i went to Pak 3 times for almost 100 days what reasons should i write i went for.?
Q2> Do i need to attach any bank statements to prove funding or proof of address?

Please reply
thanks
tanzeela

aurnoc wrote:
veryconfused.com wrote:Hi Zaif,

Do you have answer to your queries? I have similar questions... What documents to include and how to prove degree in English?

Thanks
zaifshaikh wrote:Hi Everyone,

I will be applying for ILR end of August 2014. But I have few questions in mind before I and hope you guys can help.

1) I have UK masters degree which I am using as proof for English language. (Do I have to reassess through NARIC as told by home office's website.)

2) I don't have any utility bills, council tax bill or employment letters. All I have is passport which shows that i've been here from last ten years. Is this going to be sufficient or I am in trouble.

3) I don't have a clue about point based calculator and how does it work.

4) The text in red color is from home office website. can you please explain it to me as it is bit confusing.

egrees taught or researched in English

You’ll need to prove your degree was both:
taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

You’ll need to provide your original degree certificate and 1 of the following:
a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

A quick reply from you guys will be much appreciated.

regards
zaifshaikh
For Degree taught in UK, just submit your degree and mention in your cover letter. You do not require a NARIC certificate.

//The text you have included is for people like me who are submitting foreign (to UK) degrees. //

Passports BRP Degree LiUK are your requirements. Check the Guidance notes, Documents list on the form and also read form properly. Its listed what documents are needed with SET LR.

You don't need PB calculator. You're applying on long residence basis.

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Dear user,

Please reply
thanks
tanzeela
Shahkakaram wrote:
Regards
@ILR135 ,

Its means that you are granted with ILR ....Congratulation :P Thanking God and parities and more parties :)

Thanks for sharing this good news with the members of this forum .....

Enjoy your freedom ,

Regards ,

S.Akaram

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:12 pm

rizzz123 wrote: hi i am new in this forum would u please help me
i submitted my application on 28th May 2014 and my biomatrics has been done on 17th june
and i want to travel on 7th october what should i do so that i can get my passport and documents on time.
Thanks.
Hi rizzz123,
The only thing you can do is to ask your MP to write to the Home Office to expedite you case. But mind it for that you must have a reason to convince the Home Office that it is important enough that they should expedite your case. So get a good excuse ready :lol:
Anyways looking at the time line, hopefully fingers crossed you will get your ILR by than or at least around that time. I hope it helps. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:18 pm

[quote="tanzeela"]Dear Shahjee,

Please reply
thanks
tanzeela

Hi i think Shahjee is on holidays :)

u need to count days between u left UK and returned Uk and reason write to visit family
bank statement are not necesary
yes u need to photocopy all apages of ur current passport and visa pges of previous passport.

hope that help

regards

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 pm

tanzeela wrote:Dear user,

Please reply
thanks
tanzeela

Hi Tanzeela,

If your questions relates to SET(LR) than the answers to your questions are
1. You can write any reason from, family holiday to cousins wedding, frankly any thing. Home Office has got no concern with why you were on holidays, it's just another stereo type question, you know what I mean.
2. No you don't need any thing like bank statements and proof of address. The only things you need is all your old passports covering the last 10 years, your last BRP card, two photos, life in UK test result and English language capability test result or if you have UK university degree than that would do.
3. Yes you need to do photocopies of all your passports, that is the relevant pages where there are visas, entry and exit stamps and the first page where your information is, and I would also advice you to photocopy the rest of the documents, anyways there are 3 or 4 more documents to be attached so better get them photocopied as well, just to give them a complete set.
A self addressed pre paid special delivery envelope is also a good idea, you can keep the reference number from that, and closer to the time of your approval you can check it online on Royal Mail website to see if your approval letter is on its way. Gives you peace of mind.
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee[/b
]

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:39 pm

Really sorry Tanzeela you have to post the question quite a few times, I was actually stuck at work, but you see kind members like Nasir Bahi is always there to help. You guys must be thinking that I have nothing else to do except this forum, as I am always here :lol: but no actually I am only human, one have to work to survive :lol:
Tanzeela you can check my detailed reply to your questions. I hope that is of help.
In the mean while I must admit that Nasir Bahi opinion is also on the spot.
All the best with your future application.
Kind regards
Shahjee

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:51 pm

Thanks bhai.
shahjee1234 wrote:Really sorry Tanzeela you have to post the question quite a few times, I was actually stuck at work, but you see kind members like Nasir Bahi is always there to help. You guys must be thinking that I have nothing else to do except this forum, as I am always here :lol: but no actually I am only human, one have to work to survive :lol:
Tanzeela you can check my detailed reply to your questions. I hope that is of help.
In the mean while I must admit that Nasir Bahi opinion is also on the spot.
All the best with your future application.
Kind regards
Shahjee

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Mrs.P wrote:Hello it means you have been granted your ilr, congratulations, please let us know when did you apply, did your biometrics etc. Thanks. :D
Mrs.P@ what happened to your case? any Update?

I guess only you and me are the march applicats left to hear some news