ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT Best vs Only

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhib
New Zealand

RLMT Best vs Only

Post by mhib » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Hi,

My company is running an RLMT to sponsor me to stay in the country. My job is not on the (shortage list). The advert that was put out for the position was rather generic, and did not state the salary as it was left as (Competitive) based on Lawyers advice.

It seems from what I am hearing that there are applicants who have applied for the role. I would based on the fact i have 2 years experience be the BEST suited for the role. However, as the requirements were generic some less experienced/skilled settled person might meet the advert requirements.

My questions are below:
- Can the company accept me based on being the BEST candidate for the role even if I am not the ONLY
- Can the company reject the people based on lesser experience on skills? If not what is the point of interviews
- When will the HO review the RLMT documents (if ever) and will there be a chance that I get issued a CoS only to have it reviewed few years later, or will the details of applicants for the RLMT be reviewed at some point before i get my visa
- Also, is the term competitive sufficient for pay level

Regards and thanks

mhib
New Zealand

Re: RLMT Best vs Only

Post by mhib » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 am

Hi, Can anyone please help with any answers to my questions above. I am not really sure what the procedure is.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:09 am

What is your current immigration status?
As for RLMT being the best candidate is not sufficient if there is a settled worker who meets the requirement of the role.
RLMT is not really examined at the issue of the COS by HO. They send out officers to vist the company from timr to timr to check that the company are doing the RLMT properly. If the sponsor has been found not to have completed the RLMT then action is taken against them. If they lose their licence then you lose your visa. If you were seen to be complicit then it is time to get on the plane.....

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:36 am

Hi, Thanks for the reply. My current status is that I am on the YMS tier 5 visa expiring soon. I am sure that my employer will follow all legal requirements in the process and as they have appointed lawyers to oversee the application process, I am sure they will not break any legal requirements. I am just trying to prepare myself to good/bad news once the outcome of the RLMT comes in.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:52 am

You cant apply as your visa does not allow you to switch in the Uk.
So your employer will need a restricted COS from the panel meetings in the first place and you have to go home to apply.
Common error for sponsors to try and employ YMS.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:57 am

To be honest even if they do get a restricted visa you are unlikely to be granted a visa for the very resson you are by default a pre selected candidate.
YMS are rarely sucessful in maintaining employment with existing UK employers for that very reason.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:10 am

If your employer uses an unrestricted COS instead of a restricted COS to offer you the role then they will lose their licence. The next restricted COS panel hearing is in September and the results will not be out before the second week. So if they apply, get the restricted COS then you can apply for your visa after that date.
So the bottom line is your going home one way or the other.

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:13 am

Hi, Thank you very much for your answers. My sponsor's lawyers clearly informed me that I will have to apply from my home country regardless of what happens. The lawyers are currently involved in making sure that a genuine recruitment process is carried out so I am not preselected and the type of visa they want to check for is the restricted visa.

But from what you are saying it seems that my odds are low even if they failed to find someone good in the RLMT.

Thanks for your help,

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:48 pm

The point is it does not need to be someone good, just suitable for the role. The generic role and lack of stated salary all mitigate against an appropriate RLMT being undertaken. Let's face it there is a big question as to why a UK company can fill your position as it is not on the shortage list.
Your sponsor will have to justify themselves to UKVI at the panel hearing using the RLMT information. There are numerous rejections for restricted COS as the panel is not convinced about RLMT.
Good luck.

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Luckily for me the company does have a branch in my home country and will probably help me get something back home if this did not work out. So it is not the end of the world scenario if it does not work out. Thanks for your help.

Konzo1
Tuvalu

Post by Konzo1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:31 pm

pls how did your application go ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Konzo1 wrote:pls how did your application go ?
Please continue in your own topic rather than digging up threads that are almost 3 years old.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.