ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

MN1 Registration

Post by davidvelpula » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife got ILR in March 2014, we need to apply for Citizenship for my 2+ year old son.
My question is
1. what are the documents are required, do i need to send my sons Indian passport as well?
2. Do i need to send our originals documents such as passports and BRP?
3.Is there is any other way than applying by post?
4.How do i need to pay the fee?

In MN1 Form do i need to fill all the sections, as i am confused on section 3.1
Do i need to fill section 4 Good character requirement, where my son is only 2+years

It will be grateful if someone will give the required information.

Thanks
David

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Registration

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:35 pm

davidvelpula wrote:Hi,

Me and my wife got ILR in March 2014, we need to apply for Citizenship for my 2+ year old son.
My question is
1. what are the documents are required, do i need to send my sons Indian passport as well? Was he born in the UK or born abroad? See Children section in the FAQs link below
2. Do i need to send our originals documents such as passports and BRP? Copies should be fine if applying under section 1(3) if the child was born in the UK
3.Is there is any other way than applying by post? You can apply using NCS at your council, they will photocopy your documents and give you the originals back. There is a small fee involved in using NCS. There is only postal or NCS, there is no 'same day/in person' option for citizenship.
4.How do i need to pay the fee? Fill in the fee leaflet with your debit/credit card details

In MN1 Form do i need to fill all the sections, as i am confused on section 3.1 Have you read the MN1 guide?? There is a link to the guide in the FAQs link I have provided below
Do i need to fill section 4 Good character requirement, where my son is only 2+years If he is 10 years or older, you need to complete this section

It will be grateful if someone will give the required information.

Thanks
David

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

Post by davidvelpula » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:43 am

Thank you CR001

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

Post by davidvelpula » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you very much for the previous information, i still have few questions about filling the MN1 form, if you can help me it would be greatful.
1.My son born in UK, both the parents are indians, my son got indian passport, so in section 1.9 what i have to mention present nationality.
2.My son is 2 and half years old, so i don't need to fill the Section 5: Referees and identity, so that mean do i need to paste a photo which is mentioned to affix it where that section is not applicable for my son.

Please help me on this.

Kind Regards
David

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:47 pm

1. Nationality would be Indian if he has an Indian passport.

2. Yes, you need to complete the referees and identity section for your son.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

Post by davidvelpula » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Thank you CR001,

But in your previous message you mentioned that 10 years and above child have to fill that section, my son is only 2 and half years. This is the only section they are mentioned about a photograph.
So my doubt is if my son not applicable for section of Referees then where can i affix a photo.
I hope you understand what i mean.

Regards
David

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

Post by davidvelpula » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:55 pm

I am really sorry CR001, i have read your previous message that you mentioned about good character section, that child have to be 10 years and old.
That means section 5 Referees and identity is compulsory to fill.

Regards
David

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:10 pm

You have to complete Section 5 referees and identity. Everyone who applies for Citizenship has to complete this section regardless of age.

Section 4 is applicable for anyone who is 10 years or older.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

gateway1231
Newly Registered

Post by gateway1231 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:50 am

Hello,

I hope somebody could help me.

I am filling the MN1 form, I have a quetion in regards with the photograph bit of it.

My Daughter is 15 months old hence it would be diffcult to get a still photograph on a light background.

Can I attach a photograph which is have a different background altogether ??

Also for Evidence I read that we have to send Original Passport and BRP cards or Photocopies without attestation would do.

I am asking this as some posts state Org need to be sent and other state Copies would be fine.

Please Advise.

Thank you.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Photo requirements for UK visa

A photograph must be a recent one (no later than three months)
Photo background must be light gray or cream background
Photo size must be 45 millimetres (mm) high x 35 mm wide

The photograph must show the whole of the front of the child’s face in reasonable light.
It should not show the face wholly or partly concealed by hair (beards, sideburns and
moustaches excepted) or by a scarf or traditional dress. It should not show the child
wearing dark glasses or a hat, hood, cap or scarf.

if you post your application yourself then you need to enclose one either father or mother Original documents to Home Office but if you used NCS service then they will copy your documents attest them and send it to Home Office.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:11 pm

My Daughter is 15 months old hence it would be diffcult to get a still photograph on a light background.

Can I attach a photograph which is have a different background altogether ??
You are recommended to use a professional photographer. OK it costs a few pounds more but they will know how to get the required photograph.

15 months old? At least you are not needing to get a photo of a baby a couple of weeks old! Compared to that, one for a 15 month old child should be easy!
John