ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Staff Dependant switch to Tier 2 Work Permit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jhabak
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Staff Dependant switch to Tier 2 Work Permit

Post by jhabak » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi all

Below if my case, hope someone can help me here.

My wife is on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Migrant; I am on dependant.
Visa applied on 24 October, Granted on 31st October (Approximate date)
Visa validity - 15 Dec 2013 to 14 Jan 2017
Currently staying in UK and We want to settle down here in UK.
Current Risk - If my wife's employer tells us to go back, we dont have a choice we have to!

Additional info - I have a masters from RGU University in Aberdeen (entered uk in Sep 2007 and left UK in Feb 2010), extended my visa for PSW Visa and then left UK in Feb 2010. I did not come back until 24 December 2013

Q1. In such a case is there a cooling off period before we can apply from outside India to come back to UK in any other category
Q2. My current employer might agree to sponsor my work permit; however can I apply from within the UK? Do we have to go through something called RLMT?
Q3. If I convert my visa from within UK, can my wife convert her TIer 2 ICT Long Term Staff Migrant to my tier 2 work permit? If not whats the alternative option?
Q4. The Tier 2 visa I apply for; will it count towards ILR settlement, will the current stay of 7 months of ours also count towards ILR settlement. how long do we have to stay in UK to be eligible for ILR under the new arrangement?

I have more questions, but those would be mainly basis the answers to the above questions. and I am hope we all know what I am getting at?

Many thanks in advance on helping me out on this.

Regards

KJ

jhabak
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT Staff Dependant switch to Tier 2 Work Permit

Post by jhabak » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:52 pm

HI all

A gentle follow up on my query please.