ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC marrying non EU in Italy

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dabbler80

BC marrying non EU in Italy

Post by dabbler80 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi every one I I recently applied fiancée visa for my non EU g/f in Italy and waiting for outcome.
We are little worried my gf visa is going to expire in Italy after 3 months. And if her UK fiancée visa gets refuse by the the time we reapply or appeal her Italian documents going to be expire.
I am british citizen if I marry her in Italy is that going to help her to get Italian documents renewed ,
Senior member please shed some light on above matter
Kind regards

Donutz

Re: BC marrying non EU in Italy

Post by Donutz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:38 pm

Where you get married matters less, you could do so in Italy, the UK, Denmark (is known to marry people with only a few days work at the most), her home country etc. Ofcourse it should be a genuine marriage but as soon as you are legally married you will fall under directive 2009/34/EC aslong as you travel together to any EU/EEA nation except the one that you yourself are a resident off. So if you'd be with her in Italy or elsewhere in the EU/EEA you will be okay. It won't help you getting her to the UK (if you are a British citizen) unless you yourself have moved your center of life elsewhere for some time (lived outside the UK for several months, according to the EU court atleast 3 but the UK seems to require more then that).

dabbler80

Re: BC marrying non EU in Italy

Post by dabbler80 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:05 am

Thanks donutz