ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent : ILR query about absences from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Urgent : ILR query about absences from UK

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:16 am

Hi

I am in great fix now. I wasn't aware of 180 days in 5 years rule. I used to plan holidays so that i am not out of country for more than 90 days in a calendar year.

I am due ILR soon and calculated days which comes out to be 184. Few people have told me that paid leaves ( SALARY IS BEING DEPOSITED IN YOUR ACCOUNT FOR TIME I AM OUT OF UK) is not counted towards ILR.I

Is it true??? Please tell me because if that's the case I would be safe.

I have searched various places but couldn't get the answer for the same. Please help.....

Bobbylondon

Re: Urgent : ILR query about absences from UK

Post by Bobbylondon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 am

gaurav76.5 wrote:Hi

I am in great fix now. I wasn't aware of 180 days in 5 years rule. I used to plan holidays so that i am not out of country for more than 90 days in a calendar year.

I am due ILR soon and calculated days which comes out to be 184. Few people have told me that paid leaves ( SALARY IS BEING DEPOSITED IN YOUR ACCOUNT FOR TIME I AM OUT OF UK) is not counted towards ILR.I

Is it true??? Please tell me because if that's the case I would be safe.

I have searched various places but couldn't get the answer for the same. Please help.....
Gaurav,

As per the UKBA guidelines, Paid vacation & necessary business trips are discounted & not calculated. If you have paid vacation, no need to worry. Include evidence in your application.
All the best

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:03 am

Thanks for the information. What type of evidence could be shown/...will the bank statement where salary is deposited for that month is sufficient...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:08 am

You should be okay .... with only 4 days excess.
Have you excluded the date of departure and arrival from your calculations? If not, do so and re-calculate!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

VN

Post by VN » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 pm

Paid vacation & necessary business trips are discounted & not calculated
Can I just double check regarding this statement?
I am well within the 180 days limit, but still...
From all the days I spent outside UK, only 5 days were not paid vacation or paid business trips
- so would that mean that they will count only 5 days instead of 96 I gathered in total?
- in the form, do I need to mention all the absences during last 5 years (total 96 days) or only for those 5 days?

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 pm

VN wrote:in the form, do I need to mention all the absences during last 5 years (total 96 days) or only for those 5 days?
All absences.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

VN

Post by VN » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Thank you!

Pradsbvb
Newly Registered

Post by Pradsbvb » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi Guru's
I have got a immigration question , hoping the forum might help.
I got my tier1 visa valid from 1st nov 2010. I came to UK on 9th jan 2011 and went back on 29 jan.
Since then I have made following journeys
Landed in UK on 20 February 2011 and returned on 23 April 2011
Landed in UK on 30 July 2011 and here since then.

I didn't have job in UK between 9th jan 2011 - 30 July 2011. I was working in India for the same company as I'm working today in UK.

Now I'm planning to apply for PR in nov 2015 as my current visa is valid till 22 jan 2016.

My question is
1. In year 2010 - 2011 have I crossed 180 days limit? My confusion is weather the time period between my start of visa and day I came is counted towards 180 limit ? Also considering I wasn't working in UK.
2. Is it better to go for a another renewal in apr 2015 instead?

THANKS.