ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reg. indefinite leave to remain.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vs00098
Newly Registered

Reg. indefinite leave to remain.

Post by vs00098 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi all,
i have a question regarding the 'indefinite leave to remain' option for me. My grandfather was a Singapore citizen since 1957. At that time Singapore was under the control of UK and its colonies. I heard from my friend that i am eligible to get the British passport now. But i don't know the method to initiate this process. I have the details of my grandfather's citizens. please can any one help me to go further in the right path in this process?

Many Thanks,
Vignesh

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: Reg. indefinite leave to remain.

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:09 am

Maybe you and your friend exchange jokes to each other. England ruled a number of countries at different corners of world for many centuries and none of their national can straight get British citizenship unless they have British national ancestors. You can try to inquire about Singapore nationality or PR.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler