ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brightlight

Re: February 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by brightlight » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi all,
Finally...
Finally...
After a long long wait..
They called me this lunch.
They said because the time is not up to 6 months yet!!

So they can not do anything for me, I can only wait.
And there is no news, no status, they can not tell why they wait.
They can not tell anything if there is a case worker or not.
They can not tell if they need something more.
They can not tell anything..
They said it could be longer waiting, I need to call after 6 months.

Great, isn't it?

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:37 pm

brightlight wrote:Hi all,
Finally...
Finally...
After a long long wait..
They called me this lunch.
They said because the time is not up to 6 months yet!!

So they can not do anything for me, I can only wait.
And there is no news, no status, they can not tell why they wait.
They can not tell anything if there is a case worker or not.
They can not tell if they need something more.
They can not tell anything..
They said it could be longer waiting, I need to call after 6 months.

Great, isn't it?

After 6 months they should give you a reason isnt it? why shud you wait another 6 months.. simply not fair.if there is no reason ..

What is your category ? can u direct me to your old post if you have already discussed your situation here

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:44 pm

what is their email?? i wanna email them, thanks guys

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:48 pm

elthamman wrote:what is their email?? i wanna email them, thanks guys
Initially drop an email to this
NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

The standard reply u will get is 'IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AS YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER RESPONSE'
With a long message..if your query's answer is not found there.. then email to

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (as found in 16th point)

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi all,
How are you doing?
Next week some of us will completedirectory the 6 months waiting time.
And some of us may have passed 6 months time.
Any update everyone?
I will wait until Wednesday and if there is nobles I will write/ call to them.

Will update my application for you, all next week.

Good luck my friends.
X

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:23 am

Hello All,

I know it must be really tiring and frustrating ... waiting for no reason! :twisted:

But just wanted to say hello and ask if there is any good news?

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:27 am

man4uni wrote:Hello All,

I know it must be really tiring and frustrating ... waiting for no reason! :twisted:

But just wanted to say hello and ask if there is any good news?
Dear Man4uni,

Yes it is.. I do not like waiting.

I am not sure if I should call them again.

I will just wait, hope it come.

Tired of pushing, rock which is not moving.
Have a nice day.

neelammurtaza
Newly Registered

Post by neelammurtaza » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:56 am

Over the six months here too. Contacted them, "processing". MP wrote a letter, " processing". Refusing to give timeline. This is ridiculous, my case is straightforward too :evil:

mike_k

Post by mike_k » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi brightlight and neelammutaza, I really feel sorry for you and hope you can get this resolved asap. Blocked Username - I see that you have received notification that your application will take longer than six months. You should check the acknowledgement letter which you were sent when you applied. Mine states that if your application was to take longer than six months to process that they would contact you to let you know the new time frame for deciding your application. You might be able to convince them to give you something specific based on what was written in this letter.

It might also be helpful to check out the UKVI service standards as published on the website here - https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services and there is also useful information in the customer charter here https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ommitments.

Brightlight - from looking through your posts you seem to have received no notification from the UKVI that your application was going to take longer than six months. This is a pretty clear breach of their service standards. I would familiarise yourself with the service standards and then contact them and remind them that: (1) their service standards state that they will provide you with a detailed response to an enquiry (2) their customer charter states that they will let you know if your application cannot be decided within the six month time scale and (3) the acknowledgement letter which you received (if it is the same as mine) states that if your application was to take longer than six months to process that they would contact you to let you know the new time frame for deciding your application.

I am very disappointed for you and I truly hope this gets resolved quickly. Thanks for sharing your experiences as they may help us further down the line (although hopefully not...).

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:14 am

mike_k wrote:Hi brightlight and neelammutaza, I really feel sorry for you and hope you can get this resolved asap. Blocked Username - I see that you have received notification that your application will take longer than six months. You should check the acknowledgement letter which you were sent when you applied. Mine states that if your application was to take longer than six months to process that they would contact you to let you know the new time frame for deciding your application. You might be able to convince them to give you something specific based on what was written in this letter.

It might also be helpful to check out the UKVI service standards as published on the website here - https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/about-our-services and there is also useful information in the customer charter here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/customer-service-commitments-uk-visas-and-immigration/uk-visas-and-immigration-customer-commitments.

Brightlight - from looking through your posts you seem to have received no notification from the UKVI that your application was going to take longer than six months. This is a pretty clear breach of their service standards. I would familiarise yourself with the service standards and then contact them and remind them that: (1) their service standards state that they will provide you with a detailed response to an enquiry (2) their customer charter states that they will let you know if your application cannot be decided within the six month time scale and (3) the acknowledgement letter which you received (if it is the same as mine) states that if your application was to take longer than six months to process that they would contact you to let you know the new time frame for deciding your application.

I am very disappointed for you and I truly hope this gets resolved quickly. Thanks for sharing your experiences as they may help us further down the line (although hopefully not...).
Thank you so much MikeK

Your comment makes the point.
1.Eventhough, I did try to ask them
To give the answer for my enquiry, the answer always is, it is under the process and no reason why.

2. They can not tell me even at the last week I call, whether I will hear any thing from them.
Answer is, I have to wait for the time to passed 6 months, then call again if I don't hear from them, if they don't know, who else on earth would know???

3. They might not be able to answer how long to wait more... Which is typically.

Honestly, nothing I could do, forget about MP, they will get the same answer, which is processing.

I guess just have to wait or get a solicitor to step in and make enquiry on my behalf.

Apart from neelammnutaza, who are waiting please, share the info pls x

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:54 pm

ok,so i contacted my local mp, guy is brilliant , defo has my vote :) i received a letter from him 3 days later !basically he says, his office contacted ukba and was told that my application was recently looked at on 11th August , at which time they were waiting for some information to be received ,and he would like to take this matter in his hands !! so he sent me a casework referral form for me to fill in so he can write to them on my behalf, in the meantime still waiting :)

faani

Post by faani » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:07 pm

elthamman wrote:ok,so i contacted my local mp, guy is brilliant , defo has my vote :) i received a letter from him 3 days later !basically he says, his office contacted ukba and was told that my application was recently looked at on 11th August , at which time they were waiting for some information to be received ,and he would like to take this matter in his hands !! so he sent me a casework referral form for me to fill in so he can write to them on my behalf, in the meantime still waiting :)

Hiya

I'm on the same boat applied in March n still waiting

One quick question have you contacted ur local MP after 6 months passed?????

Rdgs

neelammurtaza
Newly Registered

Post by neelammurtaza » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:57 am

Received a letter yesterday stating it has been approved about a week after MP wrote to them, so who knows?

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:19 am

faani wrote:
elthamman wrote:ok,so i contacted my local mp, guy is brilliant , defo has my vote :) i received a letter from him 3 days later !basically he says, his office contacted ukba and was told that my application was recently looked at on 11th August , at which time they were waiting for some information to be received ,and he would like to take this matter in his hands !! so he sent me a casework referral form for me to fill in so he can write to them on my behalf, in the meantime still waiting :)

Hiya

I'm on the same boat applied in March n still waiting

One quick question have you contacted ur local MP after 6 months passed?????

Rdgs

after exactly 6 months

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Blocked Username wrote:Received a letter yesterday stating it has been approved about a week after MP wrote to them, so who knows?

Dear Neelammutaza,
Congratulations...
Nothing from my side.. All quiet, wrote email to UKBA, all quiet x x., will let you know ifvi hear anything.

All the best to all on the boat x

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:54 am

Hi guys,

I sent them letter after 6 months waiting. Have not got reply yet, I called them this morning.

The answer is still under consideration.
NO REASON WHY, CAN NOT GIVE REASON WHY.

Just have to wait. Honestly I am tried.

Have a nice day x

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:10 pm

Called ukba today. The guy told me they are waiting for some information from a external source (i reckon its dvla) and as soon as they have it the decision will be made. Probably the best answer from them ever

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:45 pm

elthamman wrote:Called ukba today. The guy told me they are waiting for some information from a external source (i reckon its dvla) and as soon as they have it the decision will be made. Probably the best answer from them ever
Hi Elthamman,
What makes you think, it is dvla?

Good luck x
It seems that I gotta wait for a while.

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:42 pm

I have points on my licence and i know they delayed my application hoping i'll get points again so they can refuse it,dont ask me how i know this i just do :),if you had points when applying and having another 3 would lead to refusal,they will wait 6 months hoping for your mistake

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:50 pm

elthamman wrote:I have points on my licence and i know they delayed my application hoping i'll get points again so they can refuse it,dont ask me how i know this i just do :),if you had points when applying and having another 3 would lead to refusal,they will wait 6 months hoping for your mistake
Better you drive carefully or stop driving for a while until you get your point back then.

:)

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:08 am

Not an option i'm afraid . I'm a lorry driver :)

neelammurtaza
Newly Registered

Post by neelammurtaza » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Hope you guys get some positive results soon. Got my letter Monday, had ceremony Tuesday! Get on your MPs!

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Blocked Username wrote:Hope you guys get some positive results soon. Got my letter Monday, had ceremony Tuesday! Get on your MPs!
How are you getting on. Applying passport yet?

I will write to my MP this week, see if he could help.
X

neelammurtaza
Newly Registered

Post by neelammurtaza » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Applying next few days once I have photo countersigned! Best off luck!

brightlight

Post by brightlight » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:07 am

What a waiting disaster...
I am not sure how long they really like to drag it through as long as they can I assume.

I called the UKBA today, the answer is "
UKBA: Please wait after 6 months then call back.
Me: I did wait, and it is now over 6 months.
UKBA: then if it is 6 months, please write a letter to us, you can ask the reason.
Me: I did write 2 weeks ago, but no reply no one contact me, that s why I called today.
UKBA: we can see that your application is under process, we can not do anything, you have to wait.
Me: I think after 6 months, I deserve to have a reason why it is still under process.
UKBA: Have you send your letter by registered mail.
Me: no, it is a first class, not registered.
UKBA: oh, then you need to send again a registered mail.
There is nothing we can do, you need to wait...

God.. Help me here, do they mean they won't be able to receive any normal mail, unless it is registered, only registered??
This becomes more and more strange..

I did write to MP, see how it is going.

Any one still waiting please share your up date experiences. Thank s