ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cool mind

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by cool mind » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:28 am

Hello shahjee & others,
On set(lr) form there are three places where we asked to give home and correspondence address such as A2, B14, B19. If an applicant is using home address for correspondence then how should deal the question # A2 and B19. Should we give same home address in A2 and leave unfilled B19 or not?

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:07 am

cool mind wrote:Hello shahjee & others,
On set(lr) form there are three places where we asked to give home and correspondence address such as A2, B14, B19. If an applicant is using home address for correspondence then how should deal the question # A2 and B19. Should we give same home address in A2 and leave unfilled B19 or not?

Hi Coolmind ,

Its me here again :) i think now we should not bother Shahjee for small matters queries :roll: so let me take the chance to reply you by considering my self others :D

The application form is so simple and clearly mentioned every thing in simple English

A2. Contact Address in the UK for correspondence

So as you said that you are applying your self so here you will write your home address

B14. Home address in the UK:

Here again you will write your home address because you are living on this address in UK

B19. Correspondence address (if different from above)

You are right that you will leave this blank because it is clearly written here that IF DIFFERENT FROM ABOVE and as you said you are using home address as correspondence

My pleasure to help you in every bit of your questions :P , May i know when are you posting your application ?

Please feel free to ask any question :)

Shahjee correct me if i am replying any thing incorrect :oops:

Regards ,

Best of Luck ,

S.Akaram

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:48 am

Shahkakaram wrote:

Hi Coolmind ,

Its me here again :) i think now we should not bother Shahjee for small matters queries :roll: so let me take the chance to reply you by considering my self others :D

The application form is so simple and clearly mentioned every thing in simple English

So as you said that you are applying your self so here you will write your home address

Here again you will write your home address because you are living on this address in UK

You are right that you will leave this blank because it is clearly written here that IF DIFFERENT FROM ABOVE and as you said you are using home address as correspondence

My pleasure to help you in every bit of your questions :P , May i know when are you posting your application ?

Regards ,

Best of Luck ,

S.Akaram

S.Akaram Bahi you are spot on.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Post by MartaNK » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:23 pm

I am about to apply for long residence visa. 10 years spent as student. I do not have passport that covers first three years of my residence - handed it over to my country's authorities as was re-issued with a new one. I do not have any tenancy agreements or bills to cover these three years.

1) What other documents can I use to prove my residence?

2) How do I calculate my absences in the three-year period? Truth be told, I do not remember where I went and for how long.

I would greatly appreciate your prompt comments.

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:49 pm

MartaNK wrote:I am about to apply for long residence visa. 10 years spent as student. I do not have passport that covers first three years of my residence - handed it over to my country's authorities as was re-issued with a new one. I do not have any tenancy agreements or bills to cover these three years.

2) How do I calculate my absences in the three-year period? Truth be told, I do not remember where I went and for how long.

Hi MartaNK ,

I would suggest submitting previous Home Office letters that clearly state the approval dates n renewal of your visas during your 10 years here. University acceptance letters, semester wise transcripts all can be submitted as supporting documents.

Also, u can get your SAR file.

Senior members can help you further. Wish you good luck :)

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:09 pm

hi guyes
i got receive my brp card today.. thax for god .. i will pray those people still waiting.

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:35 pm

khan7861 wrote:hi guyes
i got receive my brp card today.. thax for god .. i will pray those people still waiting.
Jashn e Azadi Mubarak ho :D

K4

Post by K4 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:33 pm

hey everyone

i will be applying for 10 years long residency (all years student) buy next week. my case is with home office since last year may so i don't have photocopies of my passport. did receive my SAR all seems fine will it be ok not to include the photocopies?

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:08 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote:

Hi Coolmind ,

Regards ,

Best of Luck ,

S.Akaram

S.Akaram Bahi you are spot on.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Thanks shahjee for confirming that.

@s.akram:
Many times the members already know answer but for double confirming we ask because two minds are better than one. Yes the form in English which is good because many of us now after spending 10+ years cannot read & write our own Urdu language. Yes somebody should take over from shahjee and if you then its good. But now after answering too much I think shahjee cannot leave the forum so easy because so used to it :D

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Also think leave A3 blank if you're paying yourself

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:56 pm

modern_newton wrote:
Mrs.P wrote:Hello it means you have been granted your ilr, congratulations, please let us know when did you apply, did your biometrics etc. Thanks. :D
Mrs.P@ what happened to your case? any Update?

I guess only you and me are the march applicats left to hear some news

Hello, I am still waiting, we also have Red scorpion and Masha waiting as well.

Izzy72
Newly Registered

Post by Izzy72 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Hello Shahjee,
I had the same questions as tanzeela, so thank you for replying those.
However, I am still confused because just last week I consulted with a immigration advisor and she said that I need to submit bank statement for the last 3 months just for proving I have no financial problems for living in the UK.
Do you think it's really not necessary to submit bank statements? I hope so because my financial status shows 'Just' surviving here.

Also, she said that I need to submit tenancy agreement to proof my current address, but this is not necessary, isn't it?

She also said that I need to submit all of my diploma/degree to show them I finished the course as a student.(Mainly I am here as a student in old system or Tier 4.) But I think those are not necessary according to your and others' answers if I have appropriate result of English language test. Am I right?

I don't know why an immigration advisor confuse me if those are not necessary. Do you think if I submit those documents, it makes their process easier and faster?

If you could give me a kind reply, I would be grateful. I am going to apply this Saturday or Monday.
Thank you so much.
Izzy

shahjee1234 wrote:
tanzeela wrote:Dear user,
I have the same documents. I have following questions
Q1> what about section D immigration history when did u leave and enter uk reason also. i went to Pak 3 times for almost 100 days what reasons should i write i went for.?
Q2> Do i need to attach any bank statements to prove funding or proof of address?
Q3> Do i need to make photocopies of passports as well?

Please reply
thanks
tanzeela

Hi Tanzeela,

If your questions relates to SET(LR) than the answers to your questions are
1. You can write any reason from, family holiday to cousins wedding, frankly any thing. Home Office has got no concern with why you were on holidays, it's just another stereo type question, you know what I mean.
2. No you don't need any thing like bank statements and proof of address. The only things you need is all your old passports covering the last 10 years, your last BRP card, two photos, life in UK test result and English language capability test result or if you have UK university degree than that would do.
3. Yes you need to do photocopies of all your passports, that is the relevant pages where there are visas, entry and exit stamps and the first page where your information is, and I would also advice you to photocopy the rest of the documents, anyways there are 3 or 4 more documents to be attached so better get them photocopied as well, just to give them a complete set.
A self addressed pre paid special delivery envelope is also a good idea, you can keep the reference number from that, and closer to the time of your approval you can check it online on Royal Mail website to see if your approval letter is on its way. Gives you peace of mind.
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee[/b
]

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks fielddrive!
So means that given the scenario a person himself applying and using own home address for correspondence then simply ignore A3 and write current home address at A2 and B14 and ignore B19.

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:17 pm

rashenikki wrote:
rashenikki wrote:Hi All,

My application for SET(LR) is currently with the HO.

My current visa is a Tier2 which expires 2016.

My question is , say i get a new job with another employer, will it be okay for me to resign my current job or should i wait for HO before making any move to leave my current organisation?

And if i do, will them notifing the HO of my resignation affect my visa appliaction? and would the new company have to notify the HO? How Long? what then happens if i am refused?

Thanks guys for your help.
Nikki
Hi All,

can someone please help with this query.

Regards,
Nikki
Hi Shahjee, Please HELP!!!

Izzy72
Newly Registered

Post by Izzy72 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Hello Shahjee,
I had the same questions as tanzeela, so thank you for replying those in the below.
However, I am still confused because just last week I consulted with a immigration advisor and she said that I need to submit bank statement for the last 3 months just for proving I have no financial problems for living in the UK.
Do you think it's really not necessary to submit bank statements? I hope so because my financial status shows 'Just' surviving here.

Also, she said that I need to submit tenancy agreement to proof my current address, but this is not necessary, isn't it?

She also said that I need to submit all of my diploma/degree to show them I finished the course as a student.(Mainly I am here as a student in old system or Tier 4.) But I think those are not necessary according to your and others' answers if I have appropriate result of English language test. Am I right?

I don't know why an immigration advisor confuse me if those are not necessary. Do you think if I submit those documents, it makes their process easier and faster?

If you could give me a kind reply, I would be grateful. I am going to apply this Saturday or Monday.
Thank you so much.
Izzy

shahjee1234 wrote:
tanzeela wrote:Dear user,
Q1> what about section D immigration history when did u leave and enter uk reason also. i went to Pak 3 times for almost 100 days what reasons should i write i went for.?
Q2> Do i need to attach any bank statements to prove funding or proof of address?

Please reply
thanks
tanzeela

Hi Tanzeela,

1. You can write any reason from, family holiday to cousins wedding, frankly any thing. Home Office has got no concern with why you were on holidays, it's just another stereo type question, you know what I mean.
2. No you don't need any thing like bank statements and proof of address. The only things you need is all your old passports covering the last 10 years, your last BRP card, two photos, life in UK test result and English language capability test result or if you have UK university degree than that would do.
3. Yes you need to do photocopies of all your passports, that is the relevant pages where there are visas, entry and exit stamps and the first page where your information is, and I would also advice you to photocopy the rest of the documents, anyways there are 3 or 4 more documents to be attached so better get them photocopied as well, just to give them a complete set.
A self addressed pre paid special delivery envelope is also a good idea, you can keep the reference number from that, and closer to the time of your approval you can check it online on Royal Mail website to see if your approval letter is on its way. Gives you peace of mind.
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee[/b
]

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:36 pm

rashenikki wrote:
rashenikki wrote:
rashenikki wrote:Hi All,

My application for SET(LR) is currently with the HO.

My current visa is a Tier2 which expires 2016.

My question is , say i get a new job with another employer, will it be okay for me to resign my current job or should i wait for HO before making any move to leave my current organisation?

And if i do, will them notifing the HO of my resignation affect my visa appliaction? and would the new company have to notify the HO? How Long? what then happens if i am refused?

Thanks guys for your help.
Nikki
Hi All,

can someone please help with this query.

Regards,
Nikki
Hi Shahjee, Please HELP!!!

advisable for Tier 2 applicants to wait for HO decision because otherwise your employer can initiate curtailment proceedings against you (speaking from experience)

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi, Immigration Experts!
:?: Any changes regarding the application dates?
:?: Shall I still apply on March 20, 2015 for ILR or I have a new rules and a chance to apply on January 11, 2015?
The situation re visa is as follows:
Clearance: 11 January 2005
Date of Entry: 17 April 2005 - The rest of the Tier 1 General visas have been prolonged successfully.
The current visa expires: 17 February 2015
The period starts
1) from the date of arrival
2) from the date of permission to stay
How can it be in my case?
I have some doubts regarding the chances of Tier 1 prolongation.

Thank you for any updates.
M2013 wrote:Hi!
Thank you for the reply. I see I have 3 month 6 day as a gap between the visa expiring and the ILR application day. Is there any chance to apply separately without my husband prolonging the visa? Any advice, help please. Actually I need extra 2 months 8 days here. Please any ideas, please!
Spatacus wrote:
M2013 wrote:Hi guys,
First of all, thank you so much for everybody’s kindness and support that you have been showing to members of the forum. I have been following the developments of the British immigration laws since I am also hoping to join the ranks of the British citizens in the near future. But I am having doubts regarding my situation and would be grateful for your advice.
I have been on HSMP visa, followed by Tier 1 General Migrant, but as a dependent to my husband. My husband has been working abroad all this time and continues not to be able to qualify for ILR, I am staying in the UK.
The situation re visa is as follows:
Clearance: 11 January 2005
Date of Entry: 17 April 2005 - The rest of the Tier 1 General visas have been prolonged successfully.
The current visa expires: 17 February 2015
In this 10 year period I have been away around a month altogether.
So I am hoping to have a straight case for my application for ILR, 10 year legal stay.
My questions are as follows:
When making an application for ILR – do I have to start counting the 10 year period since 17 April 2005?
Is there any chance to apply for ILR on 11 January 2015, or on 17 of February 2015?

Thank you again.
Hello M2013,
the earliest you can apply for your 10-years ILR is 28-days before the month you will complete 10-years
your 10-years starts from 17th of April 2005.
hope this helps.
Last edited by M2013 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Post by MartaNK » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:57 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
tanzeela wrote:
Dear user,

Please reply
thanks
tanzeela

Hi Tanzeela,
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee
I cannot see anywhere in the form mentioning photocopies. Why does one need to take photocopies of the passport and the rest of the documents?

Thank you.

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:09 pm

Izzy72 wrote:Hello Shahjee,
I had the same questions as tanzeela, so thank you for replying those in the below.

Thank you so much.
Izzy, it seems like u contacted the same lawyer whom my hubby contacted for applying his ILR. He was also very confused n that's when we registered on this forum and his ILR and my FLR M have both been successful Alhumdolillah.
Always read the form the guidance notes and the document list at the end of the form. It will tell u what documents to provide. And then ofcourse add everything which members here guide u. They will guide u better than many lawyers :) wish u best of luck!

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:11 pm

MartaNK wrote:
I cannot see anywhere in the form mentioning photocopies. Why does one need to take photocopies of the passport and the rest of the documents?

Thank you.
shahjee is correct. it is mentioned at least twice (once in guidance and another time at the end of them forms) to include photocopies

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Izzy72 wrote:Hello Shahjee,

Thank you so much.
Izzy

[/quote]

Hi Izzy ,

Sorry to interrupt you , ofcourse shahjee will reply you in more detail , however i just want to give some input here on your question that Why immigration advisor are confusing applicants to submit bank statements and other supporting documents ....??/

There must be several reason :-

Some times its depends upon the cases or u can say depends upon case to case where you must have to show extra supporting documents so to keep their client on safe side they trying their best to present their client case in more organised way as i said depends upon case to case where you have to show your income evidence ..However you can also see on the guidance of Home office under 10 years Long residency route of settlement that you don't need to submit any bank letters or any sort of financial supporting documents ..its not needed at all because the main reason UK is allowing migrant who lived in this country 10 years legally with some terms and conditions they are allowing you to stay rest of your lives in UK which is again not the UK Law but EU law for which UK is bound to follow ...however UK wants applicants to fulfill certain condtions some of them are :-

Events that break continuous residence
Continuous residence is considered to be broken if the applicant has:
 been absent from the UK for a period of more than 180 days at any one time, or is
absent from the UK for a shorter period but does not have valid leave to enter the UK
on their return, or valid leave to remain on their departure from the UK
 spent a total of 540 days outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period.

Passed LIFE IN UK TEST

Approved English language test certificates

your passports to cover your 10 years stay and if you haven't got any of them then in application form ( page 20 /21) they have mentioned the list of documents to support your stay

Photographs

Your last BRP card

Completed filled SET(LR) Latest version application form with ofcourse the payment :P

photocopies of each documents as per as instructed

Thats it ....not more than that as i told you if any buddy is submitting any of the extra documents to support their application is still allowable but not necessary until and unless you have been asked to provide them later on ...

Moreover ,In an application forum they never asked you to provide any sort of bank statements ...

Secondly most of the immigration adviser and practicing solicitor are not that competent they are mixing the SET(LR) with SET(O) and others requirements as they claimed their selves very experienced and its also true that in last 10 years they dealt with so many long residency cases where applicants are living illegally or legally or combination of both in this country so have to proof their continious stay they have to proof so many documents ....one of my neighbour here got his ILR through that route almost four years ago but as per as my knowledge that route has already been closed but still as i told you they are just asking for that document just as an additional documents where as there is no need of showing any proof to them that you have sufficient funds to survive here or not bit irrelevant for SET(LR) ...absolutely no need of it as SET(LR) falls under humanity Right of European Convention human right ...

And i think you all should also know that cameron government has already closed all the doors/routes to NON-EU immigrants to complete 10 years legal stay in UK Luckily by the Grace of Allah we all completed 10 years long residency stay here in UK so eligible to apply under SET(LR) application guidance ....

Some of the information are irrelevent to your question however i hope that you will not get confused by those immigration advisor advised and happily apply with all the necessary documents confidently ....there should be no issue and also you can see number of members on this forum has successfully got their ILR by just sumbitting the above listed documents with their application form ...

hope its helps ,
best of luck with your application next week ,
Regards ,

S . Akaram
Last edited by Shahkakaram on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Post by MartaNK » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:30 pm

fielddrive wrote:
MartaNK wrote:

Thank you.
shahjee is correct. it is mentioned at least twice (once in guidance and another time at the end of them forms) to include photocopies
I found it. Thank you! So if I am sending 10 years worth of bank statements, it means I have to copy all of them? It is going to be a very heavy parcel! Must I photocopy all the documents supporting my application?

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Post by MartaNK » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:32 pm

aurnoc wrote:
MartaNK wrote:I am about to apply for long residence visa. 10 years spent as student. I do not have passport that covers first three years of my residence - handed it over to my country's authorities as was re-issued with a new one. I do not have any tenancy agreements or bills to cover these three years.

Hi MartaNK ,

I would suggest submitting previous Home Office letters that clearly state the approval dates n renewal of your visas during your 10 years here. University acceptance letters, semester wise transcripts all can be submitted as supporting documents.

Also, u can get your SAR file.

Senior members can help you further. Wish you good luck :)
Thank you very much for the prompt reply. What else can I do? in case my SAR will not arrive in time before I have to submit the docs?

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:44 pm

MartaNK wrote:
fielddrive wrote:
MartaNK wrote:

Thank you.
I found it. Thank you! So if I am sending 10 years worth of bank statements, it means I have to copy all of them? It is going to be a very heavy parcel! Must I photocopy all the documents supporting my application?

@ Martank ,

Shahjee has also clearly told you in the reply of your question 3 that you don't need to provide any bank statement untill and unless you have lost any of the 10 years expired or valid travelling documents or passport ? did you if then see the documents list of page 20 and 21 of the forum .....

and if you are providing any bank statements [ which is not needed ]of any period and if you were on student visa at any given time and your bank statement reflect any payment which shows that you are working two jobs or more then allowable hours this supporting docuemnts can put you in problem so better not to give any chance to your case worker to kick you out from the country ....there are cases happened in the past so be careful ..

Regards,

S.Akaram

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Post by MartaNK » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:48 pm

@ Martank ,

Shahjee has also clearly told you in the reply of your question 3 that you don't need to provide any bank statement untill and unless you have lost any of the 10 years expired or valid travelling documents or passport ? did you if then see the documents list of page 20 and 21 of the forum .....

and if you are providing any bank statements [ which is not needed ]of any period and if you were on student visa at any given time and your bank statement reflect any payment which shows that you are working two jobs or more then allowable hours this supporting docuemnts can put you in problem so better not to give any chance to your case worker to kick you out from the country ....there are cases happened in the past so be careful ..

Regards,

S.Akaram[/quote]

Thank you so much for the warnings and explanation. Very much appreciated.