ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I work on 2 year Spouse ILE Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jamesbrown
Newly Registered

Can I work on 2 year Spouse ILE Visa

Post by jamesbrown » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi Y'all,

I was granted a 2 year ILE based on my marriage to a UK citizen. I have secured employment and my starting date is next month in the UK. I just wanted to confirm if my spouse settlement visa is all that I need to commence employment in the UK? Do I need to show something additional to my employer? Do I need to reappear infront of a Clearance officer or anything like that? If someone can be so kind to confirm this it will make things easier for me.

Kind Regards,

Jim

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:12 pm

The spousal visa enables you to work in the UK, no other paperwork necessary (other than a National Insurance number but your employer should be able to point you in the right direction with that.)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:16 pm

I was granted a 2 year ILE based on my marriage to a UK citizen.
Are you sure? You either have a 2-year spouse visa, or you have ILE. Which is it?

Further to what yankeegirl has said, expect the employer to require sight of your passport complete with its visa. And whilst the employer is not entitled to retain the passport, they are entitled to retain a photocopy of the name/pic page and the visa page .... so that they can show that they have checked that they are not employing an illegal worker.
John

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:25 pm

Hello,

You can work and/or open a business is your leave to remain was issued under para 281 HC 395.

Regards,

Anton

jamesbrown
Newly Registered

Post by jamesbrown » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:59 pm

I apologize for the mix up. I was granted a 2 year spousal visa. I went through the Chicago consulate and getting it was easy as pie. Thank you all for replying to my query.
John wrote:
I was granted a 2 year ILE based on my marriage to a UK citizen.
Are you sure? You either have a 2-year spouse visa, or you have ILE. Which is it?

Further to what yankeegirl has said, expect the employer to require sight of your passport complete with its visa. And whilst the employer is not entitled to retain the passport, they are entitled to retain a photocopy of the name/pic page and the visa page .... so that they can show that they have checked that they are not employing an illegal worker.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:51 am

jamesbrown wrote:I was granted a 2 year spousal visa.
You can work except that you should bear in mind that some employers may be reluctant to hire you for permanent jobs until you get ILR.