ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What questions does UKBA ask to referees?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

What questions does UKBA ask to referees?

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:18 pm

For naturalization .. What questions does UKBA ask to referees (both professional and personal) ?

Do I have to inform my referees about all my information.. as they may not be sure about different questions they might be asked about my personal and professional details...

Update pls..

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: What questions does UKBA ask to referees?

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Most of the time they dont contact the referee at all. Even if they did they will not ask anything more than what is on the reference page of your application. As long as your referee knows you and is aware that he has signed your application :-) you are fine.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:58 pm

shahid2000 wrote:Most of the time they dont contact the referee at all. Even if they did they will not ask anything more than what is on the reference page of your application. As long as your referee knows you and is aware that he has signed your application :-) you are fine.
ohh k.. good to know this.. as May applications are fast moving.. I thought of updating them... but I heard that the referee we use for Passport application , they can ask even the minute details like where the kid of Refree is doing the school and vice versa..

For passport appointment..both referee and applicant should be very well aware of each other I think..

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:35 pm

Even for the passport interview I dont think anyone is expected to know every minute detail about the referee. I guess it does depend on what you say about the referee on how you know him. If you say that he is a friend then do expect a follow up question because they want to make a judgement whether you are telling the truth or just making it up as you go along.
I got my passport reference from a colleague who is a solicitor whom I had never even spoken to before (got it via HR dept) ...... All I got asked in the interview was his name, designation and his approx age which I had actually asked him and yet pretended to guess before the interviewer :-)

Dont worry too much, it will all be ok.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:17 am

shahid2000 wrote:Even for the passport interview I dont think anyone is expected to know every minute detail about the referee. I guess it does depend on what you say about the referee on how you know him. If you say that he is a friend then do expect a follow up question because they want to make a judgement whether you are telling the truth or just making it up as you go along.
I got my passport reference from a colleague who is a solicitor whom I had never even spoken to before (got it via HR dept) ...... All I got asked in the interview was his name, designation and his approx age which I had actually asked him and yet pretended to guess before the interviewer :-)

Dont worry too much, it will all be ok.
ok