ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help - Additional documents requested by home office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shin25

Urgent help - Additional documents requested by home office

Post by shin25 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Hello gurus,

I had applied for my naturalisation (HSMP + Tier 1 + ILR + 1 year) route. I gave them all the documents in May through NCS.
I receieved a letter yesterday stating I need to give them additional proof of English language and LIUK.

In my application I did take a print out of Points based calculator to show that my degree was recognised with PBS and I got awarded points in regards to that. I also had used the same degree certificate and this was recognised during initial HSMP application. I also submitted my Life in UK test (taken on Jan 2013). I am not sure why are they again asking me for proof of English language (i..e if I have taken any exam for it). AFAIK If I show the print out of Points based calculator it should suffice correct?
PLease advice urgently.

Regards,
Shin

vivdubes

Re: Urgent help - Additional documents requested by home off

Post by vivdubes » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi there,

did you send your degree certificate as well if applied by post or a photocopy taken by NCS for the same..

I guess if that is the case they might want to have a look of your degree certificate..

shin25

Post by shin25 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:41 am

vivdubes wrote:Hi there,

did you send your degree certificate as well if applied by post or a photocopy taken by NCS for the same..

I guess if that is the case they might want to have a look of your degree certificate..
HI Vivdubes,
Thank you for your reply.
I did send the copy of my degree certificate through NCS, I will obviously send them my original, but was a bit unsure as my same degree certificate was used for HSMP/Tier 1 etc so it should be in their records and Points based calculator also shows my degree recognised. I hope caseworkers do understand that proof of points based calculators are still accepted?

Shin

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:46 pm

shin25 wrote:
vivdubes wrote:Hi there,

HI Vivdubes,
Thank you for your reply.
I did send the copy of my degree certificate through NCS, I will obviously send them my original, but was a bit unsure as my same degree certificate was used for HSMP/Tier 1 etc so it should be in their records and Points based calculator also shows my degree recognised. I hope caseworkers do understand that proof of points based calculators are still accepted?

Shin
Hi Shin

They asked me for all original documents and I posted last week. Can you please update here about what happened after you submit your documents.
Thanks

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Tue May 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi
I would suggest take a quick B1 Elglish test and send the results. I may be in the same boat, as PBS was used.
Can we know yourtimelines please?

Thanks

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:59 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs non EU national + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria met: Life in the UK + Masters degree from back home + UK Naric certificate
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 12/08/2014
Received Date :
Payment method: Credit card
Date of Payment: 20/08/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 12/08/2014
Approval : Waiting
3 to 6months letter: Feb 2015
Original passport Request by home office: March 16 2015
Passport posted on: 10th March 2015
Original documents request by home office: 4th May 2015
Document posted:6th May 2015

I have received a letter after 6 month as below
I received letter from homeoffce that....following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.
Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British Citizenship.
Your case has been identified as such a case and will not be decided within 6 months.
We expect to make a decision on your application within 3-6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further update and can advice you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstance change significant.

After a month I received a letter asking to submit my original passport (I was out side the country so I informed them and sent a request email to extend the submission date)and I have posted my passport after a week to actual submission date.
Then after 3 weeks I received another letter asking to submit my original documents . Please see below for few details of the letter.
I reefer your application for British citizenship. Before we can proceed further please send all fallowing original documents to the office by 15 th May.
. All original documents originally supplied to NCS in support of your nationality application.
These documents are required in order to demonstrate to the secretary of state that you satisfy the requirements for naturalisation ; specially that you meet the residence requirements for naturalisation.

Now,I am waiting for there response.

Batasha

Post by Batasha » Tue May 12, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi Lead123,

So what documents did you submit in the second submission?

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:42 am

Batasha wrote:Hi Lead123,

So what documents did you submit in the second submission?
Hi Batasha
I have submitted/posted my passport and biometric card, Masters degree certificate, Certificate from UK Naric, (Life in the UK test certificate submitted initially to NCS )