ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by MartaNK » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:02 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
fielddrive wrote:
MartaNK wrote:
I cannot see anywhere in the form mentioning photocopies. Why does one need to take photocopies of the passport and the rest of the documents?

Thank you.
shahjee is correct. it is mentioned at least twice (once in guidance and another time at the end of them forms) to include photocopies
Fielddrive many thanks for pointing it out to MartaNK.
It is always helpful when capable members like Fielddrive and Shahkakaram, are there to take over the charge from older and tired members like me :lol:
And MartaNK, I understand and all of us have gone through this stage of not sure about things before we applied, but I would suggest to be regular on the forum and top up your knowledge regards to what are the immigration rules applicable to your case, and cover all bases, and trust me you will be more confident and you will sail smoothly.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thank you, everyone, for your replies. I have no passport to cover my first three years. I am not sure if SAR will arrive in time. How else can I calculate/ show my absences? Any ideas? I suppose I could show letters from my colleges but I am not sure if I want to use some of these colleges. Some were very good but some weren't. Do you know how does HO look at the paperwork from a college that they later found to be untrustworthy?

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:08 pm

rehan01 wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah .... I have just received my ILR approval and passport back.

Regards
Brilliant ! Congratulation :P Enjoy your freedom :D

May i know was your case straight forward ?

Regards ,

S.Akram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Malavan wrote:Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when the 10 years rule will stop?

My wife been here since October 2007 and now I have to apply for her FLRM but according to the new rule they will give her 2.5 and another 2.5 years visa but she will qualify for 10 years on October 2017.

I'm wondering would I be able to apply for her ILR that time base eon 10years or not ?

Thank you very much for your kind replies.
Hi Malavan ,

Please don't be worry about it ...hopefully your wife will get it by the end of 2017....I don't think so it will stop any time but you never know the government and their strategy to control migration here in UK ....so don't be panic inshallah your wife will get it by oct 2017 ....This 10 years rules actually fall under European Convention Human Right ACT so in my view as far as UK is member of EU , UK has to follow this rule ..

Hope this helps ,
Regards ,

S .Akaram

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Yes it was straight forward application.

Regards
Shahkakaram wrote:
rehan01 wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah .... I have just received my ILR approval and passport back.
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:28 pm

Sanju2014 wrote:Hi all,

I have just received my approval letter and documents. Thank god for that.
My time line:
Applied: 04/04/2014
Ack: 08/04/2014
Bio done: 24/04/2014
Approval :15/08/2014
Documents rec: 20/04/2014
Brp : waiting

What I have noticed from our 2 applications that my wife's case
Was in Bristol which is running around 10 days quicker. And my case
Was in Liverpool which is little slower.

My prayers with all who is waiting for theirs approval.
Good luck

Regards,
Sanju
@ Sanju ,

Congratulation ! Finally you both got it .....Enjoy your freedom and now party time :)

so April Application are now speeding up hope all the April Application will be finish by end of Aug so May and june starts as quick as possible :) Inshaallah :)

thanks for sharing this Info with us

Best of luck
Regards ,
S.Akaram

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:34 pm

fielddrive wrote:
rashenikki wrote:
rashenikki wrote:Hi All,

My application for SET(LR) is currently with the HO.

My current visa is a Tier2 which expires 2016.

My question is , say i get a new job with another employer, will it be okay for me to resign my current job or should i wait for HO before making any move to leave my current organisation?

And if i do, will them notifing the HO of my resignation affect my visa appliaction? and would the new company have to notify the HO? How Long? what then happens if i am refused?

Thanks guys for your help.
Nikki
Hi All,

can someone please help with this query.

Regards,
Nikki

advisable for Tier 2 applicants to wait for HO decision because otherwise your employer can initiate curtailment proceedings against you (speaking from experience)
Hi fielddrive,
Thanks for the response. I thought as much I just want sme1 esles view on. but what do you mean about 'curtailment proceedings'?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Can shahjee or anyone else please guide me,

When you guys applied FLR (M) for your spouse along with your SET (LR) application;

• Did you guys sent your spouse FLR (M) on SET (LR) address in same envelope or send it on its own address?
• Did you guys attach the certified copy of you passport & BRP by notary etc or without certification.

Many thanks
N/A

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Tier 4 wrote:Can shahjee or anyone else please guide me,

When you guys applied FLR (M) for your spouse along with your SET (LR) application;

• Did you guys sent your spouse FLR (M) on SET (LR) address in same envelope or send it on its own address?
• Did you guys attach the certified copy of you passport & BRP by notary etc or without certification.

Many thanks
Hi Tier4,
I didn't send my wife FLR(M) at the same time with my application, I send it a month or so after. But I would say if you are applying now than you need to send your wife FLR(M) to the address provided on the FLR(M) form and send your LR application on the address that is on the LR form, they will not be send together in one pack.
Answer to your second question is , no you don't need to send certified copies, normal copies will do. Please make sure to send the photocopies of all the pages of your present passport, the older passports you can just send the visa pages and the initial information pages but the present one you have to send each and every page even if they are blank and there is no information on it.
Wish you all the best mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Riz2727
Newly Registered

Post by Riz2727 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Dear Members,

I have a question which might be odd for this group but would appreciate if anyone can assist. Also let me know if there is a contact number to get in touch with Home office directly with regards to below.

I hold Pakistani passport and hold Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Recently I have been offered nationality of another country (my country of birth) which would mean I will have to give up my Pakistani nationality as I cannot hold dual nationality with the new nationality.

My question is if I get new passport, how would it affect my Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

Thank you

Riz

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Riz2727 wrote:Dear Members,

I have a question which might be odd for this group but would appreciate if anyone can assist. Also let me know if there is a contact number to get in touch with Home office directly with regards to below.

I hold Pakistani passport and hold Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Recently I have been offered nationality of another country (my country of birth) which would mean I will have to give up my Pakistani nationality as I cannot hold dual nationality with the new nationality.

My question is if I get new passport, how would it affect my Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

Thank you

Riz
first of all sorry to see you wanting to let go of pakistani passport

secondly, your BRP will need to be sent to Home office for correction as there is a material change in your circumstance. i would probably wait until after naturalising in the UK (if that's your intention) to make life easier and simpler (not to say it cant be done).

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:47 pm

viganooriah wrote:We've applied under SET(O) 10 years lawful residence in April 2014. Now (Aug 2014) got invitation for an interview to Liverpool HO. Has anyone been to one of those interviews recently? Are they common for SET(o) applications? What are normally the questions or what you have been asked? I got interview at the morning and my wife later same day.

Hi, I'm in the exact same situation. I applied for my ILR back in May 2014 on the 10 years long residence rule using the SET LR firm and today I've received the same letter asking me to attend an interview in LIVERPOOL and I'm in London.
I've looked everywhere on the net, and this seem to be very unusual or, this may be something new.
I really don't know what to expect....

Hi viganooriah and ILRwaiting,
Looks like this is a new technic by the Home office to start interviewing the applicants. Just make sure get your visa dates and history right, and mind it you guys have completed 10 years in this country legally, and they can't stop you getting the settlement with out any plausible reason, so not to worry, be confident and everything will be alright.
Our prayers and best wishes be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

@Shahjee
Thank you for your support.
My interview is on 21st August 2014 are 15.00. Will update you once over.
Hi! Went to interview. It was about how I took language test and life in UK test. I think it is connected to that college who's license been revoked. Officer said they will post result of my application to me as soon as they have it. Fingers crossed and good luck to you too.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi! Went to interview. It was about how I took language test and life in UK test. I think it is connected to that college who's license been revoked. Officer said they will post result of my application to me as soon as they have it. Fingers crossed and good luck to you too.[/quote]

Hi ILRWAITING,

Could you please let me know what kind of questions they asked? How was the staffs there and what about their attitude?
V

wasim3421
Newly Registered

Post by wasim3421 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi.
i am looking for some information about my wife's visa. she came to uk in 2011 as my Tyre 4 student dependent. i got indefinite stay few months back but during this process my wife's visa was running out, so following ukba guideline i send her back home 2 months before her visa expired (Aug 2013). now i got settlement visa (indefinite through ILR(lr) ) but my wife is back home with no visa. can you please advice me what she need to apply as and which form to fill in.
thanks

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi All

Congrats to rehan01,Sanju2014 and best of luck to ILRWaiting

my prayers are with all of those ur waiting .

Regards

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:06 pm

viganooriah wrote:Hi! Went to interview. It was about how I took language test and life in UK test. I think it is connected to that college who's license been revoked. Officer said they will post result of my application to me as soon as they have it. Fingers crossed and good luck to you too.
Hi ILRWAITING,

Could you please let me know what kind of questions they asked? How was the staffs there and what about their attitude?[/quote]

wrote to you PM

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Thx NasirNNN

regards
NasirNNN wrote:Hi All

Congrats to rehan01,Sanju2014 and best of luck to ILRWaiting

my prayers are with all of those ur waiting .

Regards

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi Shahjee/Senior members

On the FLR(M) form guidance notes (Page 2), it is mentioned as -

You must not use this form to make an application for an extension of stay in the following
categories:
• As the partner of a serving member of HM Armed Forces under Appendix Armed Forces of the
Immigration Rules. You must complete form FLR(AF).
• On the 10 year Partner route under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. You must complete
form FLR(FP).
• As the partner of a person granted indefinite leave to remain in a work route, if you are currently in the UK as their dependant.

So according to the second point, the dependant of 10 year ILR or SET(LR) applicants cannot apply using FLR(M) but FLR(FP) ? Please clarify guys.

Thanks

shanz
Newly Registered

Post by shanz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Hello Friends! specially Shahjee if u read this, plz reply.
I'm silent reader for about 2 month now, find this form very helpful.........
I have Q. I recently got ILR on 10 year's basis, need to apply for my two kids (MN1) Section 1(3), both born here, then spent some time in Pakistan (2 Year's and 3 Months), I bring my family back here as Tier 1 Dependent, my wife will apply later as she need to pass those language and Life in the UK test. now if someone guide me in theses question. I'll b great full.

1.6 , 1.12, 1.36
section 3 & 4
7.8, 7.9

is it any discount in fee for two kids in same time?
what r other requirements and supporting documents?

kind regards
M Khan

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Hello Everyone and Salam to Shah jee and rest of the guy,
Congratulation to those who got their Visa Approved.

Guys i need you guys favor again.
Please answer me following.

I am director and 100% shareholder for my private owned company.
How can i fulfill FM retirements to bring my Mrs here. I am thinking to show wages in my own company instead withdrawing dividends.
Company first year accounts are no due yet.
If i show six month wages along with tax paid to hmrc of my own company will it that going to help or i need one year company accounts too?
If i transfer my company to someone else and be employee of company will that going to help..
Will appreciate you guys.

Regards

Izzy72
Newly Registered

Post by Izzy72 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:51 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
Izzy72 wrote:Hello Shahjee,
I had the same questions as tanzeela, so thank you for replying those in the below.
However, I am still confused because just last week I consulted with a immigration advisor and she said that I need to submit bank statement for the last 3 months just for proving I have no financial problems for living in the UK.
Do you think it's really not necessary to submit bank statements? I hope so because my financial status shows 'Just' surviving here.

Also, she said that I need to submit tenancy agreement to proof my current address, but this is not necessary, isn't it?

She also said that I need to submit all of my diploma/degree to show them I finished the course as a student.(Mainly I am here as a student in old system or Tier 4.) But I think those are not necessary according to your and others' answers if I have appropriate result of English language test. Am I right?

I don't know why an immigration advisor confuse me if those are not necessary. Do you think if I submit those documents, it makes their process easier and faster?

If you could give me a kind reply, I would be grateful. I am going to apply this Saturday or Monday.
Thank you so much.
Izzy

Hi Izzy ,

Sorry to interrupt you , ofcourse shahjee will reply you in more detail , however i just want to give some input here on your question that Why immigration advisor are confusing applicants to submit bank statements and other supporting documents ....??/

There must be several reason :-

Some times its depends upon the cases or u can say depends upon case to case where you must have to show extra supporting documents so to keep their client on safe side they trying their best to present their client case in more organised way as i said depends upon case to case where you have to show your income evidence ..However you can also see on the guidance of Home office under 10 years Long residency route of settlement that you don't need to submit any bank letters or any sort of financial supporting documents ..its not needed at all because the main reason UK is allowing migrant who lived in this country 10 years legally with some terms and conditions they are allowing you to stay rest of your lives in UK which is again not the UK Law but EU law for which UK is bound to follow ...however UK wants applicants to fulfill certain condtions some of them are :-

Events that break continuous residence
Continuous residence is considered to be broken if the applicant has:
 been absent from the UK for a period of more than 180 days at any one time, or is
absent from the UK for a shorter period but does not have valid leave to enter the UK
on their return, or valid leave to remain on their departure from the UK
 spent a total of 540 days outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period.

Passed LIFE IN UK TEST

Approved English language test certificates

your passports to cover your 10 years stay and if you haven't got any of them then in application form ( page 20 /21) they have mentioned the list of documents to support your stay

Photographs

Your last BRP card

Completed filled SET(LR) Latest version application form with ofcourse the payment :P

photocopies of each documents as per as instructed

Thats it ....not more than that as i told you if any buddy is submitting any of the extra documents to support their application is still allowable but not necessary until and unless you have been asked to provide them later on ...

Moreover ,In an application forum they never asked you to provide any sort of bank statements ...

Secondly most of the immigration adviser and practicing solicitor are not that competent they are mixing the SET(LR) with SET(O) and others requirements as they claimed their selves very experienced and its also true that in last 10 years they dealt with so many long residency cases where applicants are living illegally or legally or combination of both in this country so have to proof their continious stay they have to proof so many documents ....one of my neighbour here got his ILR through that route almost four years ago but as per as my knowledge that route has already been closed but still as i told you they are just asking for that document just as an additional documents where as there is no need of showing any proof to them that you have sufficient funds to survive here or not bit irrelevant for SET(LR) ...absolutely no need of it as SET(LR) falls under humanity Right of European Convention human right ...

And i think you all should also know that cameron government has already closed all the doors/routes to NON-EU immigrants to complete 10 years legal stay in UK Luckily by the Grace of Allah we all completed 10 years long residency stay here in UK so eligible to apply under SET(LR) application guidance ....

Some of the information are irrelevent to your question however i hope that you will not get confused by those immigration advisor advised and happily apply with all the necessary documents confidently ....there should be no issue and also you can see number of members on this forum has successfully got their ILR by just sumbitting the above listed documents with their application form ...

hope its helps ,
best of luck with your application next week ,
Regards ,

S . Akaram[/quote]

Thank you very much Akaram.
Now I can feel more confident to send the application without unnecessary documents.
May I ask one more question?
I have a son who came to the UK with me at the same time and applies the same SET(LR) . I know he cannot apply as a dependent anymore, so I will apply him with a separate application form. However, he was my dependent for the first 6 years, then he took his own student visa. So I think it's better to send my and his application forms together in the same envelope.(but inside, I will separate the two of course) I think it's easier for them to find who's dependent he was in that period. How do you think?
Acutually, the same advisor said that I should send the two application separately. But I feel I don't have to trust her words anymore..
Any suggestion?
Izzy

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:19 pm

Dear All,

Quick question regarding my wife flr(m) english language requirements.

I know she need to pass A1 from any of the approved language centre as mention in guidence.

But i am just wondering if she give B1 instead (which she need for ILR) after 5 years wont that will meet the requirment for A1 now and B1 after 5 years at the time of ILR.

Please advice any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi Ladies and Gents,
I'm one of the guy who's quickly been invited to attend an interview in LIVERPOOL tomorrow.
Just wanted to let you know that today my WIFE SabKally2009 has got her ILR!! Biometric received already, God knows where the other docs are.
Going to the Temple now to Thank God.
Thank You all for your support, and I'll update you on the outcome of my interview tomorrow.
V

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:48 pm

@ izzy

Well I think here your advisor is right that you should put both application in separate envelopes like sanju and his wife did on this forum ,

Reason both of you qualify for Set(LR) conditions here again none of you has to show any dependencies on each other because both of you completed your legal 10 years stay in this country and met all the requirements ..

I understand that why you want to keep it in same envelope but here I don't think so you should take any chance and should use two envelope ... Moreover their system must also verify that how you both completed 10 years ..
Shah Jee or any other member can correct me if I am wrong ..

Thanks
Best of luck
With regards ,

S .akaram

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Izzy72 wrote:

S . Akaram
Thank you very much Akaram.
Now I can feel more confident to send the application without unnecessary documents.
May I ask one more question?
I have a son who came to the UK with me at the same time and applies the same SET(LR) . I know he cannot apply as a dependent anymore, so I will apply him with a separate application form. However, he was my dependent for the first 6 years, then he took his own student visa. So I think it's better to send my and his application forms together in the same envelope.(but inside, I will separate the two of course) I think it's easier for them to find who's dependent he was in that period. How do you think?
Acutually, the same advisor said that I should send the two application separately. But I feel I don't have to trust her words anymore..
Any suggestion?
Izzy[/quote]

Hi Izzy,
What makes you reach the conclusion that you can send two different applications together in one envelope, are you for real or are you joking me, if it is a joke than it is good one :lol: but if you are for real, than I would say please please please stop, don't ever do things that doesn't make sense. If both of you are applying on different application forms than both of you have to send it separately with your separate supporting documents, like passports and Life in UK test results.
I hope it makes sense and it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:00 pm

rehan01 wrote:Dear All,

Quick question regarding my wife flr(m) english language requirements.

I know she need to pass A1 from any of the approved language centre as mention in guidence.

But i am just wondering if she give B1 instead (which she need for ILR) after 5 years wont that will meet the requirment for A1 now and B1 after 5 years at the time of ILR.

Please advice any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Hi rehan01,
That should be perfectly alright, but please make sure that the institute is fully registered and legitimate before you submit the documents. My wife did a B1 from Trinity College and she applied her FLR(M) with that, and than she applied her SET(M) with the same, and there were no issues. So I would say should be alright.
Kind regards
Shahjee