ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Criminality threshold

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azeem101
Newly Registered

ILR and Criminality threshold

Post by azeem101 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Hi

I am new here and urgently needs someones expert advice.

I was qualified for ILR under Tier 1(G) category and applied on PEO last month. After two hours of waiting I was told by HO CW that he is going to put hold on my application...

I was arrested in 2013 due to suspicion of an alleged offence but however was interviewed and bailed. Till to date I am on bail and have not faced any charges as yet. There is no time-frame on this case as they're still investigating and doing their enquiries.

The CW did confirm that my ILR application is valid and I meet all the points and the evidence I have submitted is sufficient but however due to the pending case he is going to put on hold until my alleged offence case is decided.

I wanted to ask can they hold an application even though I have not been charged with any crime? As per my understanding the criminality threshold criteria states an either conviction or have any charges which are due to be trial in court.

I thought the HO only checks the previous convictions or if a person has any pending trial in court??

Please advise urgently and I am totally stressed and don't know what to do because my current leave expires end of this month.

Please advice what is the best option available for me in this circumstance...

1 - Can I ask them to reconsider my application?
2 - Shall I put a variation of application from ILR to Tier 1(G) ext.
3 - If I go for Tier 1(G) ext can they still hold the application on the same grounds as they did in ILR?

Please please advice guys.

Amber please give your expert advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR and Criminality threshold

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:50 am

Applications are routinely placed on hold to see the outcome of a charge/prosecution. What were the allegations?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

azeem101
Newly Registered

Post by azeem101 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:51 am

But I have not been charged with any crime yet. There are still ongoing enquiries. Allegation is Abuse of position..

What if I make an variation of application to another extension of Tier 1 (G). Will that be placed on hold too?

Is their any chance of success if I make another extension of Tier 1(G) application?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:33 pm

The threshold is different for ILR and LLR. However, I suggest you wait until you know what's going to happen. Are you innocent?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

azeem101
Newly Registered

Post by azeem101 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Can you please tell what is the threshold for LLR. What are the chances of success if I put LLR Tier 1 (G).

I am innocent and the other case could be taking forever and I need at-least a LLR.

Please please tell me the threshold for LLR and if I put variation will it be successful?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:12 pm

azeem101
Newly Registered

Post by azeem101 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi Amber,

I still haven't heard from UKBA regarding my ILR application.

I read your comments in one of the post that if you haven't received summons from court for Intended prosecution then he/she should not be worried as he/she is not charged with any offence. As you are aware in my case it is the similar situation, I just have been interviewed by the Police and so far haven't received any decision by CPS stating to prosecute me. The police is just carrying out their investigation and God knows how long they will take considering sometimes they take years to finalise a case.

I quote the wordings of UKBA letter which they gave me upon holding my application.

"We acknowledge the receipt of your application. We accept that your application is valid. However we need to make further enquiries due to your pending prosecution and hence your application will be placed on hold."

My question is when they clearly said that my application is valid then why they have put on hold??

Please suggest as what should I do in my case as I need to travel ASAP because of my pre-planned marriage and I am too mush stressed. It is almost 07 weeks since I have applied and it was a premium application.

Please help me..

Thanks

azeem101
Newly Registered

Post by azeem101 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi Amber or Gurus,

Can someone please shed some light on my case as I'm really worried and in difficult situation. I need some light. Pls plss

I will be very thankful

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:04 pm

You have to be patient.

azeem101
Newly Registered

Post by azeem101 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Meaning should wait to hear from UKBA? But for how long? When can I ask them to make a decision as I need to travel and I can't hold on for indefinite time.

Rehan190
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rehan190 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:02 am

Hi Azeem ,

Can you plz update me on your case ? Because my case is similiar to you.

Can you email me at email address removed by moderator

Your early response will b highly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:07 am

Rehan190 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:02 am
Hi Azeem ,

Can you plz update me on your case ? Because my case is similiar to you.

Can you email me at email address removed by moderator

Your early response will b highly appreciated.
1. I strongly suggest you read the forum rules before posting personal contact information. We have many scammers and spammers trawling the forum looking for such details.

2. Kindly refrain from digging up topics that are 4 years old. Start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.