ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flozo64
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by flozo64 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:42 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
flozo64 wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:Yes it was financial too. I am now working full time but still below the threshold.
@flozo64: Be positive, and you don't worry....you have a strong chance because you have a BC...just keep praying and being positive. When you went to the first tier tribunal, i suppose you were being asked questions in regards to your relationship with your partner ? That was what we encountered, it was more or less like we were invited for an interview by the HO. They asked questions that would make the judge doubt our relationship, to be sincere, i never expected that we would be asked questions based on our everyday life etc.....we were frightened and some of our answers were mismatched.
We made the mistake of saying my husband's family supported our marriage, so the judge said I could leave my education and relocate. The judged acknowledged that Pakistan is dangerous but I could just avoid the dangerous places (is that possible? lol) Judge basically told us to move abroad.

So this time we used a solicitor and didn't mention his family at all. :roll:

Praying for a good result, living in limbo is hard. Hopefully we both get our freedom soon...
I know, living in this limbo is the most frustrating thing that could happen in ones life. The major mistake i made during our own hearing was that when i was asked the last time my wife visited my home country, i didn't state the correct year, due to the tension and fright, i said a different year, but i also specified that i never had a good relationship with my father, and he intact is not aware that i am now married, but judge never mentioned anything about us going back to live outside the UK, all he was worried about were the discrepancies in our answers, which he said made him doubt our relationship.

As regard to the judge asking you to go back to Pakistan after acknowledging it himself that it was dangerous is what i don't understand, but i don't think thats reason enough for you to have any problem this time. There is nothing impossible for God to do, i know you and i will share our good news here soon.[/quote]

I think this time we should both get a good result, people keep saying it will happen eventually, it's just the waiting which is so hard. Don't worry proving relationship shouldn't be too hard this time. But I know how you feel, in front of the judge was horrible and I was only asked three questions. Keep us updated on your application!
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:38 pm

I think this time we should both get a good result, people keep saying it will happen eventually, it's just the waiting which is so hard. Don't worry proving relationship shouldn't be too hard this time. But I know how you feel, in front of the judge was horrible and I was only asked three questions. Keep us updated on your application![/quote]

@flozo64: AMEN. We will get a good result this time by God's grace. I had to write a statement which i explained to them that we had never been to a court room before and that we were frightened on the hearing day, the statement was attached to the cover letter written by solicitor. In this new application, we provided as much as possible documents to prove the genuineness of our relationship. We were asked a lot of questions during the hearing and it took almost 2 hours in total. I will surely keep you updated with the good news.
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Hello everyone

Congratulations to all those who got their stay and praying for them who are still fighting. I applied last month FLR(FP) on 7 year rules and I would like to share my time line -
Applied for FLR(FP) - 25/07/2014
Acknowledgement dated - 30/07/2014
Biometric letter dated - 08/08/2014(received 20/08/2014)
Biometric done - 20/08/2014
Additional dox requested - not yet
Decision made - not yet
Dox received - not yet
BRP received - not yet

My short story is- we came uk on student visa in 2007. Extended student visa up to 30/7/2014. I have a child who came with me in 2007. Applied for FLR(FP) on 7 year rules. Really worried about live to remain.thanks.

Ems1927

Post by Ems1927 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:39 pm

nilemarques wrote:
Ems1927 wrote:Hi everyone. As our court date gets nearer and no sign of an overturned decision we get more nervous . It's under a month away now.. I know I asked already, but is there anyone at all who can talk me through what will happen at court? How long will it take? Will we be asked questions separately? Is there chance of an answer there and then? Any experiences or knowledge would be amazing.. Thanks
Hi there!!
This might be of some assistance.

http://www.righttoremain.org.uk/legal/r ... -tribunal/
Thank you, this was a great help!
Our daughter starts nursery the day before the hearing, it's so stressful.. If anyone has any personal accounts from court dates I would like to hear them? Anyone had dates in Manchester?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:19 pm

[quote="Ems1927"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="Ems1927"]Hi everyone. As our court date gets nearer and no sign of an overturned decision we get more nervous . It's under a month away now.. I know I asked already, but is there anyone at all who can talk me through what will happen at court? How long will it take? Will we be asked questions separately? Is there chance of an answer there and then? Any experiences or knowledge would be amazing.. Thanks[/quote]

Hi there!!
This might be of some assistance.

http://www.righttoremain.org.uk/legal/r ... -tribunal/[/quote]

Thank you, this was a great help!
Our daughter starts nursery the day before the hearing, it's so stressful.. If anyone has any personal accounts from court dates I would like to hear them? Anyone had dates in Manchester?[/quote

@Ems1927. I think Al Haqq gave a brief explamation to myself on page 486 or 487 on his court experience!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:09 am

Good morning All!

I thought I would break my silence on a minor issue - I dont think 15 weeks is a VERY long time to be waiting for a decision. In LaoLu's case he waited almost 2 yrs and there are other cases/ applications still outstanding from early 2012. I understand the pain and frustration of waiting for a whole week brings but just to highlight that many have been waiting far longer than 15 weeks so you are not alone. I hope you receive a speedy and favourable decision and this goes for all, stay blessed, hopeful & faithful and it will happen!
Last edited by Believe2013 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:54 am

[quote="Believe2013"]Good morning All!

I thought I would break my silence on a minor issue - I dont think 15 weeks is a VERY long time to be waiting for a decision. In LaoLu's case he waited almost 2 yrs and there are other cases/ applications still outstanding from early 2012. I understand the pain and frustration of waiting for a whole week brings but just to highlight that many have been waiting far longer than 15 weeks so you are not alone. I hope you receive a speedy and favourable decision and this goes for all, stay blessesed, hopeful & faithful and it will happen![/quote]

@Believe. I've only been waiting for a mere 2 years and 3 months since putting in an application in May 2012!!! Lol!!! :D :D
Stay Blessed forum family.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:18 am

@ NeilMarques - the Lord will favour you sir - that is a long time to wait - justice has been delivered, you are home and dry! Keep well

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:15 am

[quote="Believe2013"]@ NeilMarques - the Lord will favour you sir - that is a long time to wait - justice has been delivered, you are home and dry! Keep well[/quote]

@Believe2013.Thank you my friend!! We will all get there eventually!!

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:08 am

And I FINALLY exhale!!!!!!! Glory to God!

I have been granted 30months with no recourse to public funds BUT hey, I have survived so far without any govt help......lol

Brief history, came here in the late 90's to study and further leave put in 2000 with no response from the HO until 2008 with a refusal. Reason being I submitted out of time (my previous partner had hidden my passport, another story). I definetely was a victim of bad advise from my previous solicitor who insisted I should not chase up during the 8 yrs my application was pending. According to him the longer they hold onto the application, the better my chances :roll:

Furthermore, I was told not to apply for the 14yr route because I had been refused in 2008! Anyway, you all know my story from Feb 2012 when I put in a fresh app on the parent route as per my timeline. This morning I got a call from my lawyer that I have been granted!!!!

I cannot express my thanks to the wonderful people of this forum who have shared their experiences, various links to current decisions and unwavering support even when I was weary of the fight. Believe2013, Nile, Kukuwife, MrLaolu, winners, Shondra, Verbina and many too numerous to mention. We have laughed and consoled each other. Even though I don't know you personally, I consider you all friends.

Therein ends my Oscar speech :D

Please, hold on delay is not necessarily denial. There is definitely an end in sight, the tide is finally turning in our favour. You are all in my daily prayers and I will rejoice with you all soon.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:26 am

ThisYear wrote:And I FINALLY exhale!!!!!!! Glory to God!

I have been granted 30months with no recourse to public funds BUT hey, I have survived so far without any govt help......lol

Brief history, came here in the late 90's to study and further leave put in 2000 with no response from the HO until 2008 with a refusal. Reason being I submitted out of time (my previous partner had hidden my passport, another story). I definetely was a victim of bad advise from my previous solicitor who insisted I should not chase up during the 8 yrs my application was pending. According to him the longer they hold onto the application, the better my chances :roll:

Furthermore, I was told not to apply for the 14yr route because I had been refused in 2008! Anyway, you all know my story from Feb 2012 when I put in a fresh app on the parent route as per my timeline. This morning I got a call from my lawyer that I have been granted!!!!

I cannot express my thanks to the wonderful people of this forum who have shared their experiences, various links to current decisions and unwavering support even when I was weary of the fight. Believe2013, Nile, Kukuwife, MrLaolu, winners, Shondra, Verbina and many too numerous to mention. We have laughed and consoled each other. Even though I don't know you personally, I consider you all friends.

Please, hold on delay is not necessarily denial. There is definitely an end in sight, the tide is finally turning in our favour. You are all in my daily prayers and I will rejoice with you all soon.

Congratulations!! Always good to hear a happy ending - also shows there is light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of us! :D :mrgreen:
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:35 am

This is one beautiful testimony.. After how many years? It goes to show the victory awaits us all on the other side. Kudos on that oscar speech sounds like Mandela when he gave his speech on freedom. Good one. God bless you ThisYear, wish you the best of what's left of summer and wishing you all the very best from here on.

Nilemarques my friend, we await your good news which is on it's way to you. You are next sir.. In Jesus name.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 am

Thank you flozo64....wish you a positive outcome soon.
flozo64 wrote:

Congratulations!! Always good to hear a happy ending - also shows there is light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of us! :D :mrgreen:
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:00 pm

My honourable MP dapsonlee! Thank you so much. You have been a rock and I always look forward to your comments. It took a looooong time to come hence the looooong speech :lol: :lol:

The Lord will surely crown your selfless labour.
dapsonlee wrote:

This is one beautiful testimony.. After how many years? It goes to show the victory awaits us all on the other side. Kudos on that oscar speech sounds like Mandela when he gave his speech on freedom. Good one. God bless you ThisYear, wish you the best of what's left of summer and wishing you all the very best from here on.

Nilemarques my friend, we await your good news which is on it's way to you. You are next sir.. In Jesus name.
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

winners

Post by winners » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Congratulations !!!

God had crowed your battle with victory

Enjoy your hard earned freedom

God bless
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:37 pm

HE has indeed winners, victory will be yours too - very soon.
winners wrote:

Congratulations !!!

God had crowed your battle with victory

Enjoy your hard earned freedom

God bless
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:02 pm

I rejoice with you and your family, you have fought a good fight and God has given Victory. Big congratulations
Your expectation will manifest very soon

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Kukuwife wrote:

I rejoice with you and your family, you have fought a good fight and God has given Victory. Big congratulations
Congratulations ThisYear, Surely the lord has granted you your freedom this year and indeed you are free forever. Enjoy your freedom.
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Thank you so much Kukuwife! You have been a pillar to everyone here. The Lord will bless you and your family always.
Kukuwife wrote:
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:29 pm

[quote="ThisYear"]And I FINALLY exhale!!!!!!! Glory to God!

Please, hold on delay is not necessarily denial. There is definitely an end in sight, the tide is finally turning in our favour. You are all in my daily prayers and I will rejoice with you all soon.[/quote]

@Thisyear! This is the day that the Lord hath made and let us rejoice and be glad in it!! A big hearty congratulations to you. What an amazing journey!!! You have fought against the odds and your faith has kept you going! Well done!!!! A big standing ovation for the speech!!! Lol!!!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:32 pm

@Dapsonlee. Amen and Amen to that!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:47 pm

ThisYear wrote:My honourable MP dapsonlee! Thank you so much. You have been a rock and I always look forward to your comments. It took a looooong time to come hence the looooong speech :lol: :lol:

The Lord will surely crown your selfless labour.
dapsonlee wrote:

Amen ThisYear please continue to keep us in your prayers.. :)

I am just here thinking randomly, the home office had changed it's name 3 times since we got onto this forum, home office, UKBA, then back to home office and finally to UKVI... What a journey feel like Dr. who with a telephone booth travelling back and forth in time. God knows what name will be next but I do pray from the bottom of my heart those of us on this lengthy journey will never experience and name change as freedom will be ours through Christ..

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:35 pm

And The Oscar goes to (drum roll)
Thisyear. I am so happy for you and I join in with the others in celebrating - congratulations! Our God is awesome he can move mountains, keeps us in the valley, hides us from the rain, he heals us when we are broken.......
All the best in your future plans @thisyear

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Amen! Thanks @icehouse256. You will prevail too very soon....

icehouse256 wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

Congratulations ThisYear, Surely the lord has granted you your freedom this year and indeed you are free forever. Enjoy your freedom.
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Thanks nilemarques !!! I am keeping everything crossed for you, your testimony is imminent. Patience and perseverance is indeed a virtue, you will come out victorious. Thanks for all the 'nuggets' of information.

Ha ha ha I could not help myself :lol:

nilemarques wrote:

@Thisyear! This is the day that the Lord hath made and let us rejoice and be glad in it!! A big hearty congratulations to you. What an amazing journey!!! You have fought against the odds and your faith has kept you going! Well done!!!! A big standing ovation for the speech!!! Lol!!!
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014