ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nagpur University in India Not appearing in Points based Cal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harryset
Newly Registered

Nagpur University in India Not appearing in Points based Cal

Post by harryset » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi All,

I am a Tier 1 Gen holder and applying for ILR in a weeks time.
When I applied for Tier 1 and Tier 1 extension, I successfully used the Point based calculator to locate:
India
Maharashtra
Bachelors Degree
Nagpur Universirty

But now, when I am using the point based calculator, the Nagpur University is not appearing.
Do I need to get some additional documentations?
Or is it the case that as I was awarded points for my Bachelors during Tier 1 , the same case would apply for ILR and I dont have to provide any more details?

Please help me with this..

Thanks
Harry

nihalnigania
Newly Registered

Re: Nagpur University in India Not appearing in Points based

Post by nihalnigania » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi Harry

I have exactly the same situation but my appointment is just day after. I don't know what I should do? Please let me know if you hear from someone else. Like you should I was awarded 10 points in my earlier tier 1 application.

Thanks
Nihal

harryset
Newly Registered

Post by harryset » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi,
Actually, one of my friends spotted the solution.

You dont have to worry my friend.
This confusion is caused because Nagpur university has been renamed to "Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University". So, please look for this name and you will find it.

Thanks
Harry

nihalnigania
Newly Registered

Post by nihalnigania » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:27 pm

My college was not Nagpur university.. And it was never renamed

I do see my university and I do see 30 points however I don't see 10 points for English language

Please let me know if you have anything to advise

Thanks
Nihal

rayubaby
Newly Registered

Post by rayubaby » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi Harry,

Could you please let me know if you had to take any additional documents to support your application regarding the university name change. I have also graduated from nagpur and will be applying for ILR in a week's time. Now the issue is that my degree has the name 'nagpur university' and PBS calculator has the name 'Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University'. How am going to justify this to the case worker? PS. I had scored points from my initial application and extention for qualification.

Help from anyone and everyone is most welcome.

rayubaby
Newly Registered

Post by rayubaby » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:18 am

Can someone please help on this? It is urgent and I am considering to get NARIC letter. But I see it completely pointless because my university is there. Just that they have changed their name. I do not know how to prove that the name on my certificate and name in PBS database are of the one and the same university. Much appreciate any help on this matter.
rayubaby wrote:Hi Harry,

Could you please let me know if you had to take any additional documents to support your application regarding the university name change. I have also graduated from nagpur and will be applying for ILR in a week's time. Now the issue is that my degree has the name 'nagpur university' and PBS calculator has the name 'Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University'. How am going to justify this to the case worker? PS. I had scored points from my initial application and extention for qualification.

Help from anyone and everyone is most welcome.

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:12 pm

Please get NARIC letter if you are doubtful about convincing the CW with university name change. Investing £55 more is better than losing £1493. Choice is yours