ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language test for naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ladoona
Newly Registered

English language test for naturalisation

Post by ladoona » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:39 am

Hello

I Applied for Settlement Visa to join a partner relationship on May 2013
And I got the Spouse Visa on Aug 2013 and I came to live with my Husband (He is a British Citizen )
My Visa issued for 33 months.
When I applied for the Visa I meet the English language requirement (IELTS Certificate)
As I have been noted, I can apply for an extension for an additional 30 months (to be total of 5 years in the UK), then I can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

My Ques is:

When I will apply for naturalisation (After I had granted ILR), should I need to pass an English language test from an approved test provider? or no need for that?

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: English language test for naturalisation

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:52 am

You will need to pass test for ILR. The same tests you pass for that can be used for Naturalisation.

Your need Life in the UK test and an English language at B1 level.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ladoona
Newly Registered

Re: English language test for naturalisation

Post by ladoona » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:09 am

Thank you for your reply,

I found in the internet that:

Practice tests for English exams at B1 level: PET, BEC Prelim, IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC & BULATS.
is this right?

Regards