ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents details while applying naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Parents details while applying naturalisation

Post by sonub4ualt » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi all,

My wife would be applying for her naturalisation next week.

She has got3 indian passports (2 expired). The first passport holds correct name for her mother, but the following passports have had her mother's name first alphabet spelt incorrectly.

Eg Mary- first passport
. Nary- subsequent passports.

On the form AN what shall I include. Unfortunately, her mother is no more and also my wife doesn't remember her year of birth.

Thanks
Sonu

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Parents details while applying naturalisation

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:12 am

I am surprised she did not get it corrected. The correct thing to do would be to get the passport corrected and then supply the correct details to UKBA with the corrected passport. Parent's details in case of naturalization don't account for much, nevertheless if you do anything else you risk deception due to intentionally supplying false information.
Alternatively you can supply the correct name of the application form and explain the mistake in additional information - not sure if UKBA will accept this or not.

If you dont remember the date of birth then leave it blank and explain in additional info that you dont know, you will be fine. Just dont supply any made up date.