ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application - EEU national no passport at entry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bonio_j
Newly Registered

MN1 application - EEU national no passport at entry

Post by bonio_j » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:27 pm

hi all,

I would like to register my lad (14 years old) as a British citizen - app MN1,
he was born abroad, and have been living in UK for past 8 years. I'm British
myself, naturalised a year ago.

MN1 application should be accompanied with child passport as far as I see (the one
used at first entry and subsequent ones) however my child entered port of entry
(Dublin BTW - we live in Northern Ireland, so his Id was never screened by UK
officials) with temporary EU national id, what should I sent then?

Ids / including expired ones?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: MN1 application - EEU national no passport at entry

Post by Jambo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:55 am

There luck of entry stamp is not an issue. Just provide evidence the child has been in living in the UK for 5 years (so he has PR status). If he has a PR Confirmation (following EEA3) you can send that as well. The passport/ID is mainly required for ID purposes. Proof of residence can be provided by other means.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

bonio_j
Newly Registered

Post by bonio_j » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 am

Many thanks for your follow up Jambo,

I have additional question, though. I applied for American PR status
(green card) some time ago and just last week I received confirmation that my Immigrant Visa is granted,
as such my family is given one as well.

At this point there are no plans for my family to leave UK, they will likely stay in the country until January
2016, they might just go to US in the beginning of 2015 in order to active their status, and then they would
immediately fly back to UK for another year or so.

Starting from 2016, during that year they may still live half a year in each country so until 2017 (2.5 years ) my son
may still preserve strong bonds with UK.

Now, would that affect my son's application, its complicated I know, my son is not really convinced
about the whole US emigration so he would really love to have British passport (which might be
useful when he reaches adult age and decide what to do himself) so I wanted to check what might
be the outcomes of application before we apply.

Sadly I overlooked the problem and I'm not sure how to handle the whole thing at this point.

Again, any advice will be appreciated I searched the forum I couldn't find anything on this one.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:36 pm

I don't see a green card affecting the application. Would be better to apply early before you start moving around between countries.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

bonio_j
Newly Registered

Post by bonio_j » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Thanks, i calmed down a little bit, however per following chapter:

Future intentions (p.39)
9.17.2 The most important criterion is that the child's future should clearly be seen to lie in the UK. A reliable indicator should be the applicant's and/or the family's past behaviour. If that suggests an established way of life in the UK, and we have no reason to think that this will not continue, we should accept at face value that the child intends to live here.
9.17.3 If there is any information to make us doubt that the child's future lies here, for example:
 the child, or one or both parents, has recently left the country for a period of more than six months
 the child is about to leave the United Kingdom
 one or both parents is resident abroad,
we should write to clear up the point. If our doubts are serious, and we are still not satisfied this criterion is met, the application should be refused.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... apter9.pdf

case worker might have a right to question application if his American immigration Visa would have been disclosed,
he might be treated as: the child is about to leave the United Kingdom - even if he might leave the country in a year or two
so I think they simply muddied the waters with this directives to some extent (I would like to see the time period in there
so everything would be clear).

Jambo do you think that I should post separate thread on this? Maybe there was someone with exact same situation
in the past who could advise.

BTW my wife is in similar situation and her passport will be stamped with american immigration visa for sure,
so for my son I can probably go with EU id as proof of his identity however I'm completely
stuck with her case as she wants to apply as well and in such case her passport with visa will have to be sent with an
application. I would imagine there is similar requirement related to "residency intent" for AN applicant as well.

bonio_j
Newly Registered

Post by bonio_j » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:53 am

Please do not post here, I'm moving my last question to separate thread since original question was answered.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 71071.html