ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term residency: Anyone hear a decision lately?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marialear

Long term residency: Anyone hear a decision lately?

Post by marialear » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:17 am

Hi all,

Was on to the INIS the other day checking up on my app for LTR (1 year as of yesterday, sigh) & was told they are processing apps rec'd in July 2006.

Anyone hear anything about their apps recently? If so, hope it was positive!!

Maria

ac3340
Newly Registered

LTR

Post by ac3340 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:51 am

I applied almost same time as you(16/08/06), still waiting i think it could be atleast 3 months more before i get it. i also know a friend of mine is applied in July-12 th still waitng >>>>>

There is no other choice we keep waiting, Good luck

BR

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:03 pm

My wife, reapplied in Dec 2006.

Last year (2006) eight and a half months later she was denied LTR.

As I can see it might take a year and a half before she will get any answer for the second application.

Mendo
________
Csi: Ny Forums
Last edited by mendo on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Val
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.Val » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Current processing time for the LTR has already grown up to 14 months. :shock: :evil: :(

Currently they're processing the applications submitted on the first week of July 2006. What a shame! Just slightly over a year ago, when I was submitting my application, the queue was just 2.5 months long, now, 12.5 months later, it has grown up to 14 months. It seems that the GNIB guys are sabotaging the process, processing only 1 application a day where it should take only up to 2-3 minutes to process each application.

Mr.Val
Newly Registered

Post by Mr.Val » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi All,

you are all welcome to join the protest on the September 7th. Apart from the most recent issue with the non-EU spouses, we would like to bring attention of the public and the local mass media to the current processing times for the LTR (14 months), which, I believe, instead should be given on the spot at the GNIB office without any queue whatsoever.

ac3340
Newly Registered

Post by ac3340 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:23 am

The only thing about LTR is that the entitlement is not covered by any law, which means its entirely up to them to say yes on no to the applicant, I guess there is nothing we can do apart from waiting(source of this info is a solicitor)

Good luck to everyone who waiting for a decision,I have been waiting from August-06

Regards

greentea

Post by greentea » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:02 am

ac3340 wrote:The only thing about LTR is that the entitlement is not covered by any law, which means its entirely up to them to say yes on no to the applicant, I guess there is nothing we can do apart from waiting(source of this info is a solicitor)

Good luck to everyone who waiting for a decision,I have been waiting from August-06

Regards
really? i was told by immigration council last year that it was a eu wide policy to grant long term residency to non eu citizens who work in eu for at least 5 years. well i could be wrong. :?

ac3340
Newly Registered

Post by ac3340 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:17 am

Green Tea,
Yes applicable to all europe except Ireland,UK and denmark (they deceided to opt out from this eu regulation as they have so called 'spacial arrangement')
But if the Immigration residence come in place this will be added to the legislation

hope this helps

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Mr.Val wrote:Current processing time for the LTR has already grown up to 14 months. :shock: :evil: :(

Currently they're processing the applications submitted on the first week of July 2006. What a shame! Just slightly over a year ago, when I was submitting my application, the queue was just 2.5 months long, now, 12.5 months later, it has grown up to 14 months. It seems that the GNIB guys are sabotaging the process, processing only 1 application a day where it should take only up to 2-3 minutes to process each application.
i do not know if it is a 2 to 3 mins process or not but counting people's passport pages. give them a reasonable time. max. an hour for each application? plus i am sure they have to check if that person has crimnal records or not. the gnib is part of dept of justice. how likely would the gnib do not have access of the crimnal records?

some people said that they have been told by the gnib that they dont have any info from dept of justice. i dont know the guys in gnib is stupid or they just lie to people. gnib is part of dept of justice and here is possibilities. either the people in gnib dont want to do anything for people and busy making tea and being lazy Or they have been ordered not to do anything fast Or they just stupid and cant do anything as usual. my personal opinion about the gnib and dept of justice are not very good.

my cusine just married to a scottish. home office gave her a 2 years leave to remain in britian in the same day when they went to an interview in the home office in glasgow. the husband was complaining about home office charged them 300 sterling to give her a stamp. i would pay that if dept of justice can process the thing faster.

the people in this forum having problem with EU1 application, i feel sorry for them. wait for few mnoths and been told to get lost. from what i have mentioned above and preivous posts about the immigration process here.

i guess by now, people in this forum can figure out. the irish government do not want to do it fast for people doesnt matter they are legal or illegal. and worst of all. they want people to come to work and pay into their system but dont want them to stay.

i dont know if anyone agreed to me or not, but it is sad in this place!

marialear

Post by marialear » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:26 am

Hi,

Well, all of you poor souls still waiting for LTR are gonna love this latest update:

Just off the phone with a rep from INIS & they are apparently still processing LTR applications recieved in July 2006!! How this is possible I don't know as 10 weeks ago in September they were on the same month?? He could not tell me where in July '06 they were or an estimated time to when they would be up to my application (mid-August 06).

I am totally fed up with this whole process.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:20 pm

marialear wrote:Hi,

Well, all of you poor souls still waiting for LTR are gonna love this latest update:

Just off the phone with a rep from INIS & they are apparently still processing LTR applications recieved in July 2006!! How this is possible I don't know as 10 weeks ago in September they were on the same month?? He could not tell me where in July '06 they were or an estimated time to when they would be up to my application (mid-August 06).

I am totally fed up with this whole process.
hi Maria

i spoke to them about LTR this week as well. yes, i got the exact same answer like you did. people been asking the same question like you did. what are they doing. in the INIS website saying that it will take 14 months to process the LTR application for now. you submitted yours in August 2006. it is well above 14 months. they are saying it is average about 2 years for citizenship application now. i think the DOJ trying to drag on as long as possible for the LTR, so the people either getting the citizenship or dont instead of giving them 5 years extra. and while the people waiting for citizenship. the people still need to renew their gnib card and stamp. the DOJ can make some more money out from the legal immigrant here.

i guess you prolly have heard that the doj is bring in fingerprint system for all the non eu national next year as well. i think the legal immigrant issue is on their bottom of the list or not even on their list at all!!!!!!!!!!

i was talking to one of the irish lady i know for past few years. sometime i dont even know what to tell the irish people here. she was telling me that her daughter is working in usa now but ILLEGALY. her daughter is living illegaly in usa for many years now. doesnt look like she wants to move back to ireland anyway. my friend was telling me that she is trying to make her daughter legal in usa now. they have been told by the INS as long as if they can get an employer to give her a job and apply to change her daughter status in states and providing her daughter has no criminal conviction. the usa government will give her a legal status after 7 years. but her daughter cannot leave usa for 7 years or the INS will make sure that she will never get back into usa again. i think her daughter is getting a good deal. it just 7 years cannot travel outside usa. her daughter has been in usa illegaly in the first place and my friend just a typical irish. bad bad! just think about that. we have been legal here and working and contributing to society. what do we get. just been tell by the doj that they dont have enough resoures and people to deal with us.

if my guess is right, i tell you what. i think your LTR will approve may be few months before you get your citizenship application approve. i think they just trying to make sure all the legal immigrants pay up every year instead. but please, let me know if my guess is right or not about your LTR.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:18 pm

mktsoi wrote:
marialear wrote: bad bad! just think about that. we have been legal here and working and contributing to society. what do we get. just been tell by the doj that they dont have enough resoures and people to deal with us.
I believe that Lenihan and his ilk are actually trying to shake as many immigrants loose as they can. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.
It's a horrible concept but do not put it above anyone in this country any more. The more I hear people give out about foreigners yet haven't the slightest clue about how we contribute (more so than many Irish themselves) and what we have to go through the more paranoid I get.
I applied for LTR in April of this yearl. I thought when I did that I would never have to worry about getting another work permit. I've been here over seven years now and was married to an EU national for a few years. I should not have to put up with this. I've "served my time" and paid my taxes. I should not have to live with this insecurity after this many years. Ireland is my home now. I have very little connecting me to America any more. Yet if I loose my job I don't see how I could legally stay here. How is one supposed to live like that. It's criminal!

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just joined this form as I am trying to find out which month the immigration office is currently (as of 26th Dec 07) processing. I applied for the LTR this year in July. How long do you think I should be waiting for? (I received a letter on the 27th Nov saying that they were processing the applications from July 2006...) I appreciate if you share any update with me please? regards