ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahjee1234

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:19 pm

bilal11 wrote:Salam and hi every 1
thanks to every 1 on this forum but especially SHAH JI 1234....... shah ji i never spoke with u and i never asked u any question but still u help me alot....shahji u really help alot to every 1 especially when u already have the ilr and u still take time out to respond to the queries......i know alot of people wana ask my timeline so here it is

Document sent: 23/04/14
Ack letter : 25/04/14 (it come in 2nd class delivery so it took 1 week)
BIo inv and enrol: 14/05/14
Document received :21/08/14( from liver pool dated 20/8/14)
BRP: waiting..........

Its pretty straight forward case just i received a CCJ in year 2009 but i pay every thing on time....
SHAHJI thanks 1 more time.....i know u already answer this question many times to be honest i know the answer but still i want to ask u......how can i check from DX about my BRP.........this question i just ask because i never ask u any question....
bilal
Walakum Asalam Bilal Bahi,
First thing first, heartiest congratulations on your ILR. Very well done. Makes me happy to see one more well deserving member added to the ILR club :lol: And that is the reason why I am still hanging around, just to make sure that any one who needs a bit of support and direction, and when they are a bit tense when the case is taking long, than we should be there to support and make sure they don't get frustrated, and stay focused. Most of the times members already know things, they just need a bit clarifications, and that is where we come in to try to help. As I said before, when I needed that support there was always kind members around to help me, and I will never forget their kindness, and that is why I want to pass that kindness on to other members. I must thank you for your kind words, I am really flattered that you find my posts helpful.
It is my pleasure to finally answer a question from you. Regards to your BRP card you can call DX courier tomorrow morning on 08443710000 or 08443713335 and ask them that you are expecting a BRP card from the Home Office, and that you don't have the Reference number, they will ask you for your post code and front door address, and if there is any thing they will let you know. So the best time to call is early morning and than once again in the evening before they close just in case if they have some thing for you to be delivered for the next day. I hope it is with them for tomorrow delivery and you received it as soon as possible. Please make sure to have your photo ID ready to show it to the courier guy who will deliver your BRP.
Regards to your ILR, this will take some time for you to sink in that what has happened to you. No more immigration control mate, happy days. :lol:
Once again many congratulations for your ILR, my prayers and best wishes be with you my brother. You take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Congrats Bilal bhai,
Great to see u got ILR,I have applied in mid of April ,have not heard any news so far..please pray for me..
Regards,

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:15 am

Hi nice people I got few questions
I am on tier 1 general and been in uk since 26 mar 2005 and long residency will achieve in mar 2015, although my tier 1 general ilr due in July 2015 but I don't want to persuade that for x.y.z reasons also as SHAH GEE QUOTED " A bird in hand is better than two in bushes"
Now my case is straight forward with no break.
My wife and two daughters aged 10 and 11 now from Pakistan arrived as my dependant in nov 2006. Now what option should I have other than
Apply their flr(m) and wait till nov 2016 when their 10 year long residency will be completed.
Any other option?
In above option got two questions
1. My wife was absent from uk in 2007 for 4 months and 10 days, will that break continuous residency?
Life in uk book quotes
" if you are applying ILR and you have absence totalling more than180 days during any consecutive 12 month period during your residency period, you may have your application refused. YOUR RESIDENCY WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERED BROKEN IF YOU ARE AWAY FROM UK FOR MORE THAN 90 DAYS IN ONE GO"

2. Although we lived together ever but my wife only have her bank registered on the address nothing else or may be her GP address, although I have just made her my joint account holder on bank,council tax, gas and electricity and water but It is just recent which would not cover period of 2 years, any suggestion ?

Thank you for replying

ChMoz
Newly Registered

Post by ChMoz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:47 am

Hello Everyone,

@Rehan01 or anyone know how to track your application :?:
How do we know the status of our application ??
I have applied on 29th March 2014 at the basis of 10 years rules !
Now waiting for their decision ........

ChMoz
Newly Registered

Post by ChMoz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:50 am

ChMoz wrote:Hello Everyone,

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:46 am

Hi chmoz,

There is no such a way to track the application apart from calling their customer service number which is 0300 123 2241 but u r most likely to get standard answer that your application is still un decided ..... But u can try calling just incase if their is any decision taken or if they have sent you anything in post in last few days they can confirm it.

I hope you will get good news soon.

Regards
ChMoz wrote:Hello Everyone,

ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

kajis
United Kingdom

Post by kajis » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:47 am

Hi shahjee1234,

I am applying ILR on 10 years basis in next week, and was not updated i gone through some thread and bit confused regarding the language requirement as i already proved previously. just want to know that, do i need to sit new exams or old one is acceptable by HO. As you know that new list for KOLL is updated from 1 August , and i couldn't see my college.I have JETSET level awarded by EDI registered with OFQUAL.
Please advise as soon as possible thanks in advance. further more i need to discuss some more things about my case through email if you don't mind.

Ali

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:33 am

kajis wrote:Hi shahjee1234,

I am applying ILR on 10 years basis in next week, and was not updated i gone through some thread and bit confused regarding the language requirement as i already proved previously. just want to know that, do i need to sit new exams or old one is acceptable by HO. As you know that new list for KOLL is updated from 1 August , and i couldn't see my college.I have JETSET level awarded by EDI registered with OFQUAL.
Please advise as soon as possible thanks in advance. further more i need to discuss some more things about my case through email if you don't mind.

Ali
Hi Ali Bahi,
Please check your qualification regards to English language in here
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2014.pdf
You can send me a PM with your problem. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 am

MazUK wrote:Hi Shahjee and all

I am applying for long residence ILR and need someone's advise

On two occasions I was out of the country for more than 90 days:
16 Jan 2009
12 July 2009
178 days

15 June 2010
10 Oct 2010
117 days

In total I was away for for 349 days in the last 10 years. Do I have to provide any reason why I was away for more than 90 days?

Hi Mazuk,

According to the information provided you have stayed more then 90 days out side the UK on both occassions so obviously you have to justify it why were you away with a valid reason and if you visit this link probably it will help you to undrstand your situation with other similar cases :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 25765.html

And also see any good solicitor regarding these absence ...
as far as i remember i know there was one case here on this forum with an absence of more then 90 days and he consulted so many solicitor and no buddy was giving him any hope but finally he got a very good solicitor and eventually he was granted ILR ...i don't remember his name but if you see on google spreadsheet he has mention the reason there ...

Best of luck ,
Regards ,

S.Akaram

Thanks

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:42 am

@Bilal,

Congratulation ! Enjoy your freedom ,

Thanks

Regards,

S.Akaram

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:32 am

Right so I've sent my application via RMSD yesterday and delivered this morning.

I can already see that this forum will be my day in day out source of assistance, help and courage so make way folks, let the waiting begin...

:roll:

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:52 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:hello guys,

I am back on here now, as need some advise for my wife's ILR via SET(M) as someone recently told me that the rule has changed, here is the situation.

Aug’08 – sheentered as Student and stayed student until July’11

In July’11 – I have got Tier 1 General, and her application to vary was refused and we lost appeal in Sept’11, later she had to go back to India and got her Tier 1 General Dependant in Dec’11.
In July’13 – we have then applied for my Tier 1 General extension with she being my dependant.
In Aug’13 – application was refused pending appepal
In Jan’14 – appeal withdrawn and my ILR was submitted on 10 years basis, with Ami’s FLR(M)
In May’14 – I got ILR and Ami got 2.5 years Spouse with Leave to remain.

as she had already been as my spouse atlease since Dec'11 - can she apply for SET(M) now, she has been in the UK for 6 years by now.

she is doing her LIUK this week and depending on the answer, we may apply for her SET(M) now unless we will have to wait for another 5 years - by then she will finish her 10 years in the UK.

thaks in advance :)
Hi Hardikjshah83,
Good to see you back. Regards to you question, I would say if your Mrs have received a 2.5 years visa than she is under the new rules of Appendix FM and hence she has to wait for 5 years to qualify for her settlement or may be in her case she might qualify for 10 years long residency before that. I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee
thanks Shahjee,

however we have applied for her FLR(m) in January - 2014, and it should be considered on old rules not new rules, not sure why they given her 2.5 yrs visa, but should she not qualify for the ILR now?

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi Hardikjshah,

If you had applied in Jan 2014, you should have been considered under old rules and got visa for 2 years.
When did you get the FLR(M) decision ? If its not late, write back to the caseworker who handled the FLR(M) and let them know about the rules (pre April 2014 rules). If you go through the previous posts, there are people here who have done the same.

thanks Shahjee,

however we have applied for her FLR(m) in January - 2014, and it should be considered on old rules not new rules, not sure why they given her 2.5 yrs visa, but should she not qualify for the ILR now?[/quote]

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:49 pm

die_hard wrote:Hi Hardikjshah,

If you had applied in Jan 2014, you should have been considered under old rules and got visa for 2 years.
When did you get the FLR(M) decision ? If its not late, write back to the caseworker who handled the FLR(M) and let them know about the rules (pre April 2014 rules). If you go through the previous posts, there are people here who have done the same.

thanks Shahjee,

however we have applied for her FLR(m) in January - 2014, and it should be considered on old rules not new rules, not sure why they given her 2.5 yrs visa, but should she not qualify for the ILR now?
[/quote]

Hi Hardikjshah,
die_hard has very kindly given you his opinion, and if you remember I did pointed this out to you, that they have issued a wrong visa to your Mrs, and that you should have written back to the case worker who dealt with her case, and they would have realised their mistake and put it correct for you. Not long ago, one of our members Mrs was in the exact same situation, and we recommended to write back to the case worker which they did, and they got a letter asking them to send the BRP back, and they were issued with proper BRP for 2 years. But mind it they wrote to the case worker immediately after they received the wrong 2.5 years visa. It is worth giving a try to either fix this BRP to 2 years, or to highlight the issue at a PEO appointment for your Mrs SET(M) and make them realise that you applied before the rule change, and that they should have issued your Mrs with a 2 years visa. And hope that they realise their mistake and put it correct by issing her the ILR.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:53 pm

I think wrong info given by S. AKRAM.
ON THE GUDANCE FOR LONG RESIDENCY U WILL BREAK CONTINUOUS RESIDENCY IF U WERE OUT FOR 180 DAYS AND TOTAL 539. APART FROM ABOVE JUST EXPLAIN IN THE APLICATION.
regards
Tanzeela
Shahkakaram wrote:
MazUK wrote:Hi Shahjee and all

I am applying for long residence ILR and need someone's advise

On two occasions I was out of the country for more than 90 days:
16 Jan 2009
12 July 2009
178 days

15 June 2010
10 Oct 2010
117 d

In total I was away for for 349 days in the last 10 years. Do I have to provide any reason why I was away for more than 90 days?

Hi Mazuk,

According to the information provided you have stayed more then 90 days out side the UK on both occassions so obviously you have to justify it why were you away with a valid reason and if you visit this link probably it will help you to undrstand your situation with other similar cases :-

as far as i remember i know there was one case here on this forum with an absence of more then 90 days and he consulted so many solicitor and no buddy was giving him any hope but finally he got a very good solicitor and eventually he was granted ILR ...i don't remember his name but if you see on google spreadsheet he has mention the reason there ...

Best of luck ,
Regards ,

S.Akaram

Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:24 pm

tanzeela wrote:I think wrong info given by S. AKRAM.
ON THE GUDANCE FOR LONG RESIDENCY U WILL BREAK CONTINUOUS RESIDENCY IF U WERE OUT FOR 180 DAYS AND TOTAL 539. APART FROM ABOVE JUST EXPLAIN IN THE APLICATION.
regards
Tanzeela

Hi Mazuk,

Best of luck ,
Regards ,

S.Akaram

Thanks
[/quote]

Hi Tanzeela and S. Akaram,
I better clarify here that Tanzeela's information is correct, it is not 90 days it is 180 days out side UK at one go, that will break the continuous residence. And it shouldn't be more than a total of 539 days out side in the whole 10 years.
So Mazuk you are cool to apply.
I hope it helps to clarify.
Kind regards
Shahjee

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks Shahjee,
I have applied today as 28 days were complete yesterday before 10 years and wait starts from now. Shahjee make dua for me and thanks for quick response u make. according to ur suggestion i have sent pre-paid enevlope as well first time. lets c how long they take in my case.
Shahjee are U ASIAN?
REGARDS
TANZEELA
shahjee1234 wrote:
tanzeela wrote:I think wrong info given by S. AKRAM.
regards
Tanzeela

Hi Mazuk,

Best of luck ,
Regards ,

S.Akaram

Thanks
Hi Tanzeela and S. Akaram,
I better clarify here that Tanzeela's information is correct, it is not 90 days it is 180 days out side UK at one go, that will break the continuous residence. And it shouldn't be more than a total of 539 days out side in the whole 10 years.
So Mazuk you are cool to apply.
I hope it helps to clarify.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

jadoon27
Newly Registered

Post by jadoon27 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi,

I need some help here.

I came to Uk in September 2004 as a student. My wife came as my dependent in September 2005. Now I am eleigible to apply for ILR under Long Residence (10 Years). The issue is my wife spent 9 years in this country and her leave expires next month and I dont know how to extend her visa as she only needs 1 more year to complete 10 years. We have got two sons ( 7 1/2 and 4 1/2) born in this country as well. Is there any other category for discretionay leave to avail? So can you kindly guide me in this regard to apply for the extension of my wife.

Thanks

Yasir

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:18 pm

HELLO mazUK and all ,

My Apologies over this mis guided post , Actually i was confused with the guidance note says ""No more than 180 whole days absence are allowed in any of the five, two, three or four consecutive 12 month periods, preceding the date of the application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)" for those who are applying for 5 years residency .....

Kindly ignore my that post ....

Thanks to clear me , again thanks to tanzeela and shahjee to correct me as well ...

Best of luck ,
Regards ,

S . Akaram

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:40 pm

tanzeela wrote:Thanks Shahjee,
I have applied today as 28 days were complete yesterday before 10 years and wait starts from now. Shahjee make dua for me and thanks for quick response u make. according to ur suggestion i have sent pre-paid enevlope as well first time. lets c how long they take in my case.
Shahjee are U ASIAN?
REGARDS
TANZEELA

You've probably entered the UK same time as me and I sent my app yesterday via special delivery showing delivered in Durham today.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:46 pm

jadoon27 wrote:Hi,

I need some help here.

I came to Uk in September 2004 as a student. My wife came as my dependent in September 2005. Now I am eleigible to apply for ILR under Long Residence (10 Years). The issue is my wife spent 9 years in this country and her leave expires next month and I dont know how to extend her visa as she only needs 1 more year to complete 10 years. We have got two sons ( 7 1/2 and 4 1/2) born in this country as well. Is there any other category for discretionay leave to avail? So can you kindly guide me in this regard to apply for the extension of my wife.

Thanks

Yasir
Dear Yasir,

Please apply for FLR(M) at the same time as you apply for your SET(LR) and in a covering letter ask them to decide your wife's application after your own. This is standard practice. You will probably get a 2.5 year visa for your wife. Next year, go through SET(LR) and bob's your uncle

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:49 pm

tanzeela wrote:Thanks Shahjee,
Shahjee are U ASIAN?
REGARDS
TANZEELA
Hi Tanzeela,
Welcome to the waiting club Tanzeela, trust me you won't even realise how quick this time will go. Time line these days is 16-20 weeks for straight forward cases, so start expecting the good news closer to Christmas or after the new year, as you know most of the staff goes on holidays during that time. And as you have already send them a pre-paid return envelope so closer to the time you can check that on the Royal Mail web site to know before hand when it is on its way.
My prayers and best wishes be with you all the way. And as you asked so I am answering yes I am Asian/ Pakistani. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:04 pm

fielddrive wrote:
jadoon27 wrote:Hi,

I need some help here.

Thanks

Yasir
Dear Yasir,

Please apply for FLR(M) at the same time as you apply for your SET(LR) and in a covering letter ask them to decide your wife's application after your own. This is standard practice. You will probably get a 2.5 year visa for your wife. Next year, go through SET(LR) and bob's your uncle
Hi Yasir,
I agree with Fielddrive in regards to your Mrs situation, but want to add up to that to complete the answer to your question. You mentioned that you have two sons who are born in this country, so please mention them and give their details in your wife's FLR(M) application, but if you note on page 16 they are asking about the name of each child and than the next question they asking is Is this child applying with you ? please answer No to that, as they will be applying for registration as British Citizens by virtue of being born in UK, but that is once once you receive your ILR INSHALLAH. You must be thinking that they might become illegal when their visa expires, so don't worry about that, it is pretty normal scenario and will not effect their registration as British Citizen through MN1 form.
I wish you all the best dear.
Kind regards
Shahjee

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Helloo Shah jee and all other firends hope guys still remember me.......

A LONG BATTLE WITH HO IS OVER TODAY ON MY MRS FLR(M) SAME PROBLEM 2 YEAR OR 2.5 YEAR VISA.

As some of you know i was granted ILR in April 2014 & I applied mrs flr(m) before 6th April change any way HO issued her with 2.5 yrs visa. I asked for Administrative review and got my answer today after exchanging so many emails and calls.

Well this battle with HO started back in June 2011 when they refused Tier 1 dependent visa for Mrs . She was on PSW and we applied for dependent visa which was refused on the basis that she has to go back to home country to switch as she cant do it inside UK. Well at that time it was not allowed to switch from PSW to Tier 1 dependent. Although when I applied i didnt know about this law. Anyway I launched an appeal on the basis of my daughter as she was only 3 weeks old at that time. Appeal was accepted and HO issued visa at the end of 2011.

Now when (4th April 2014) applied for her Flr (m) for 2 years they are not considering her eligible saying she was granted leave out of immigration rules so they will consider her Tier 1 dependent from the date I applied for my extension in Feb 2013. Therefore new laws applied on her. I spoke to couple of lawyers they are advising there is no point taking this further.

My Mrs 10 year in the country are completing in late 2016. Need advise should I take it further or just sit tight and wait for 2016.

Thanks in advance and wish u all a great Bank Holiday weekend ( if any of u doing BBQ please dont forget to invite me lol)
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:49 pm

KashRIz wrote:Helloo Shah jee and all other firends hope guys still remember me.......

A LONG BATTLE WITH HO IS OVER TODAY ON MY MRS FLR(M) SAME PROBLEM 2 YEAR OR 2.5 YEAR VISA.

As some of you know i was granted ILR in April 2014 & I applied mrs flr(m) before 6th April change any way HO issued her with 2.5 yrs visa. I asked for Administrative review and got my answer today after exchanging so many emails and calls.

Well this battle with HO started back in June 2011 when they refused Tier 1 dependent visa for Mrs . She was on PSW and we applied for dependent visa which was refused on the basis that she has to go back to home country to switch as she cant do it inside UK. Well at that time it was not allowed to switch from PSW to Tier 1 dependent. Although when I applied i didnt know about this law. Anyway I launched an appeal on the basis of my daughter as she was only 3 weeks old at that time. Appeal was accepted and HO issued visa at the end of 2011.

Now when (4th April 2014) applied for her Flr (m) for 2 years they are not considering her eligible saying she was granted leave out of immigration rules so they will consider her Tier 1 dependent from the date I applied for my extension in Feb 2013. Therefore new laws applied on her. I spoke to couple of lawyers they are advising there is no point taking this further.

My Mrs 10 year in the country are completing in late 2016. Need advise should I take it further or just sit tight and wait for 2016.

Thanks in advance and wish u all a great Bank Holiday weekend ( if any of u doing BBQ please dont forget to invite me lol)
Hi KashRIz,
How can we forget you, you are a valuable member of this forum and your contribution is hard to forget.
I am sorry to hear that the Home Office didn't agree with your Mrs case, and that shows you how picky they are , by noting down minor points they are now denying your Mrs her right.
I would say that there is no need to drag it any further, I know it's a pain to let it go, knowing that you are right, but on a positive note I hope that your Mrs present 2.5 years FLR(M) will take her up to her ILR on long residency in late 2016, and you guys can settle the score with them at that time.
Regards to BBQ this Bank holiday weekend, I am really sorry to let you down on this, as I know I will have a stay at home boring one :lol:
All the best buddy, and take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee