ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 2 year rule.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Trickytok

ILR - 2 year rule.

Post by Trickytok » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:43 pm

My Father got his IlR through elderly dependent relative.
He However spends a long time in India to look after my widowed sister and her daughter.
Hi himself is a heart patient and i would most preferably bring my sister here.
My sister has been on a govt job for 17 years and is not willing to come unless she can legally work here.
She unfortunately is now in acute mental health condition which is affecting her job and kid as well.

She got hallucinations, anxity and is hearing and visualising things.
We all are scared for her and someone from family here goes every 2-3 months to support her.

Sorry for the long story but can we either
1. bring her here permanently as she has no social contact with anyone in India.

2. I am scared that my father might lose his ILR status for staying most of times in India?
Will the immigration consider these circumstances to let him enter UK every year for few days to maintain his ILR till we make an arrangement for our sister.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - 2 year rule.

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:05 pm

To bring her over on a dep settlement visa may be very difficult to do. How old are her children?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Her kid is 6 years .. She is 38 got widowed at 32 and dsnt want to marry again!

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:35 pm

If she comes here and we show her to a doctor... can we get DLR to prolong her stay and support her from here?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Getting her here may be the difficult task, her and her child that is. There may be grounds (medical) for her not to fly, if she is completely unstable.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:30 pm

She goes to work everyday but office workers have given her a special room where she finishes it all ! When i took her out for shopping, she felt anxity! She lived on her own with almost no social contact after being widowed! However, she has never been to doctors and i think with little support I can go motivate her and accompny her in the flight.

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:32 pm

My father spends 9 out of 12 months in india to support her and has been coming here for 2-3 months ! Will he lose his ILR at immigration at some point?

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:36 pm

can my british citizen sis use surinder singh route?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Yes possibly if you're sending her money and you move to an EEA Country and work.