ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1, PGD, ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moonwalk30

B1, PGD, ILR Application

Post by moonwalk30 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Hello dear members,

I have been silent reader of this amazing forum from years and need some advice,

I completed my PGD back in 2008, claimed & awarded 30 points for the qualification & 10 points for English language in Tier 1 and then extension after 3 years, No NARIC was provided.

However, I have just checked the qualification on PBS calculator but no points are being awarded for either the qualification or English language?

I am pretty sure but please correct me if I'm wrong that same number of points for qualifications will be awarded for ILR application if same degree or certificated is being used to claim them as in initial Tier 1 application?

Second question is about English Language, do I have to do B1 test or would I be awarded same points on same qualification that was used in Tier 1 initial application(PGD)?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Has anyone recently used PGD, claimed and awarded points for English language in ILR application without NARIC certificate?

Thanks and looking forward to your valuable advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: B1, PGD, ILR Application

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:29 am

You should be if you met B1 English for EC.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:35 am

Amber wrote:You should be if you met B1 English for EC.

Thanks Amber.

My Tier 1G was a Visa switch from IGS within UK and I suppose it wouldn't make any difference in terms of awarding points for Education & English? Of course, PGD was from UK as well.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:26 am

A PGD is not a Bachelors, Maters or PhD degree.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:29 pm

Amber wrote:A PGD is not a Bachelors, Maters or PhD degree.
Is it not equivalent to bachelors?

Are you suggesting that no points would be awarded for education and/or English language if PGD is being used to claim them in ILR application?

Thanks

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Well I believe that you Will and should be granted the same points as you was granted in your Tier 1 initial and extension application.

There are some people's who used the PGD in ILR applications. So far no negative news on this forum ...

Mean it is being excepted.

scorpion123

Post by scorpion123 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:52 pm

AUHS wrote:Well I believe that you Will and should be granted the same points as you was granted in your Tier 1 initial and extension application.

There are some people's who used the PGD in ILR applications. So far no negative news on this forum ...

Mean it is being excepted.
Hopefully they are being accepted to award points for Education/English Language.

I agree, I haven't been able to find any post in this forum where anyone hasn't been awarded any claimed points for the PGD but I also haven't been able to find any post where anyone actually HAS BEEN awarded Education points for PGD which is a bit concerning :( !