ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Form - What is this persons' relationship to you

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Form - What is this persons' relationship to you

Post by networkers » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi All,

My wife will be submitting Family Settlement Application Spouse Visa Soon, but there is a problem in the form and I am confused about it.
Settlement - Settlement - Wife (Spouse Visa) is the visa type which we selected in the begining, while filling the on-line form at http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk under "Sponsor Details" section the drop down doesn't give any option to select Husband OR Wife in response to What is this persons' relationship to you? Question. I have attached a screenshot as well to explain it better.

If by chance I have selected the wrong Visa Category, please do point it out as well as I know form options are dependent on selected category.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attachments
RelationshipToYou.jpg
No Option To Select Husband in Drop down
RelationshipToYou.jpg (45.42 KiB) Viewed 7855 times

Rayking

Re: Spouse Visa Form - What is this persons' relationship to

Post by Rayking » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Other relative if no wife,you can then state she's your wife in space for additional info.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Thanks Rayking, Isn't its odd not to have spouse relation in the drop down? I am doubting the category I have selected as it shouldn't be true that drop down doesn't show Husband / Wife in it. Hence this post to clarify.

ashjay2012

Post by ashjay2012 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:43 pm

hi...
i think i can help u in this matter... u need to say 'other relative'. this option is just to check to whom u married whether they are in any relation which is not acceptable by law.. i hope u got this.

thanks.

ashjay

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi Ashjay,

Thanks for your response, I'll select the other relative and as per Rayking's suggestion I'll provide a note in the Additional Information about the relationship with sponsor.

ashjay2012

Post by ashjay2012 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:16 pm

yes... rayking advise are always appreciable..

wen you take print out u can write with a pen.. but in my case i simply submitted as "other relative" and they accepted the form but unfortunately i got rejected on financial grounds...

best of luck for your application....

regards & thanks ,
ashjay

Pragmatist
Newly Registered

Post by Pragmatist » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:00 am

I am having this exact same problem! Can anyone help by confirming that we have selected the correct visa type? I selected:

Reason for visit: Settlement
Visa type: Settlement
Visa Sub Type: Wife

I am trying to apply to join my husband settled in the UK. For the application form, I know I need VAF4A, the Family Settlement Application form, but the options on Visa4UK are completely different. It does seem very odd that husband and wife are not listed in the drop down, considering the type of visa we've both selected.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 2.52.40 pm (2).png
Selection on Visa4UK
Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 2.52.40 pm (2).png (46.4 KiB) Viewed 7757 times

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Pragmatist wrote:I am having this exact same problem! Can anyone help by confirming that we have selected the correct visa type? I selected:

Reason for visit: Settlement
Visa type: Settlement
Visa Sub Type: Wife

I am trying to apply to join my husband settled in the UK. For the application form, I know I need VAF4A, the Family Settlement Application form, but the options on Visa4UK are completely different. It does seem very odd that husband and wife are not listed in the drop down, considering the type of visa we've both selected.

You are selecting correct type, as shown in the image you attached. That's what my wife did last month.

Hope this helps.

David9090
Newly Registered

Post by David9090 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi, I am having the exact same question. I just wanted to see if the "other relative" worked for the two people with this problem. Thank you so much!