ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport for Children Born Outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SJ-sat-cit
Newly Registered

Passport for Children Born Outside the UK

Post by SJ-sat-cit » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi,

I thought I would retry this post. I did post it before but maybe it got lost or no-one wanted to reply because the information is already somewhere which i can't find - who knows! I posted the questions because it all gets very confusing when surfing the internet. So here goes:

I am a British man with a British family history with ancestors having fought in the 2 world wars.
My wife and daughters (2.5 and 4 yrs old) are Peruvian and are living in Peru while I have come back to the UK.
Yes we are separated by the new spouse visa rules (which I only realized had changed once I was back here).
and I haven't seen them all for over a year and I am still trying to secure a job which pays over
£24,800

With regards to the passport applications forms:
Do I put my address in the application question 2?
Do I need my wife to send their Peruvian passports over from Peru (I am not sure if my wife has got them as yet) and if so, is it really necessary to do that. They are babies!
My wife's surname in Peru is Vasquez Lizares De Cable which means 'Of Cable' whereas in the UK surely she would be Mrs Cable Vasquez. Any ideas which to use?
Do I need to send my Birth certificate or is my lapsed passport sufficient (Jul 2014)?
Do I need to get my daughters birth certificates translated (or can I do it as I am fluent) and do they need apostille stamps like my certificate needed in order to get married in Peru?

Anything else important would be great dudes.
I am moving back to Spain where I used to live and where my wife can join me and this will save us future fuss I hope.
Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport for Children Born Outside the UK

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:01 pm

They should apply from Peru.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

SJ-sat-cit
Newly Registered

Post by SJ-sat-cit » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Mmmmm - this is a cold affair! 'Should' is normally used for giving advice or recommendations.
Anything more specific? E.g. 'Will have to', 'Can only' or 'Must'.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:23 am

You'll find a component advisor will usually use the word should or could, there are no guarantees, particularly in immigration and nationality.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

SJ-sat-cit
Newly Registered

Post by SJ-sat-cit » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Cheers Amber,

Just another question on a slightly different angle of immigration movement...

My mother and all her family are from the Republic of Ireland, my mother was born there.
If I become an Irish Citizen and get an Irish passport, and renounce my UK citizenship,
then will I be able to bring my family over to the UK?

Cheers for any advice!!