ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KashRIz

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by KashRIz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Dear Tuhin,

First of all please update that you were student with 20 hr permission to work with no recourse of funds? Before you applied for FLR(o) which was refused and now you are waiting for first hearing.

Terms of your visa will stay un till you get result for your FLR(O). Now you can work 20hrs no problem. But its very tricky working full time as its only allowed when u r on holidays from ur education. Wait for your 10 yrs completion and apply for ILR(lr). Your lawyer has no authority to issue such a letter saying you are off term and can work full time. Just incase your employer checked with HO (Which employers do now a days) you may get into trouble.

So if its me i will not take any chances with HO and work only 20hrs. Others may differ but To my opinion you should'nt be working full time.

tuhin wrote:Dear Brother Shahjee,
desperately looking for your help in this long weekends. i'm under 3d, my 1st tribunal will be on Feb 2015 and i'll be 10 yrs in mid Jan 2015. i was in a student visa with 20 hr right to work in the term time. i made a FLR(O) application which was refused from the ukba. i'm working now full time as my solicitor issued a letter to my employer that my course work has been finished. i was a CIMA student, i have finished my course work/ finished my all papers in the college, but i have 2 papers left to pass.

please.. please.. please suggest me should i work full time at this moment? will it may affect my 10 yrs application? please brother give me guidance.

regards
tuhin
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:23 pm

KashRIz wrote:Dear Tuhin,

First of all please update that you were student with 20 hr permission to work with no recourse of funds? Before you applied for FLR(o) which was refused and now you are waiting for first hearing.

Terms of your visa will stay un till you get result for your FLR(O). Now you can work 20hrs no problem. But its very tricky working full time as its only allowed when u r on holidays from ur education. Wait for your 10 yrs completion and apply for ILR(lr). Your lawyer has no authority to issue such a letter saying you are off term and can work full time. Just incase your employer checked with HO (Which employers do now a days) you may get into trouble.

So if its me i will not take any chances with HO and work only 20hrs. Others may differ but To my opinion you should'nt be working full time.

desperately looking for your help in this long weekends. i'm under 3d, my 1st tribunal will be on Feb 2015 and i'll be 10 yrs in mid Jan 2015. i was in a student visa with 20 hr right to work in the term time. i made a FLR(O) application which was refused from the ukba. i'm working now full time as my solicitor issued a letter to my employer that my course work has been finished. i was a CIMA student, i have finished my course work/ finished my all papers in the college, but i have 2 papers left to pass.

please.. please.. please suggest me should i work full time at this moment? will it may affect my 10 yrs application? please brother give me guidance.

regards
tuhin
Hi tuhin,
I am afraid I have to agree with KashRIz. As you are still under 3D hence your previous student visa status continue, although your Solicitor is right in suggesting that your term time is complete now and you can work full time, but who will take such a risk, at such a crucial time. I will not suggest you to work full time. I would suggest to wait and see off your 10 years and apply for your LR ASAP and once you get the ILR than sky is the limit. Don't risk it to regret it. And mind it you can apply 28 days early than the completion of your 10 years, so utilise any extra time that you get, so that you can reach that milestone of 10 years long residency.
I wish you all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:43 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Hello Shahji,
After receiving considerable thoughts from you and other friends I have now decided to apply For SET(LR) and being prepared for it I have noticed some little changes to the new updated form in which a question goes like this :

D14. Please state what ties you have with:
•The country where you were born.
•Any country whose nationality you hold.
•Any country where you have lived for more than five years.

You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.

Country Social cultural or family ties

Then it has further 3 lines to fill.

I am assuming in the first line I will be writing the Country name ( India) and have family Ties. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't know about further 2 lines (what needs to be filled in/or leave it blank/NA). Could you please advise.

And below is the list of documents I will be sending ( please have a look)

Fully filled application form( 7/2014)
Master degree and transcript ( original for English language requirements)
Life in the UK Test Certificate
Passports and BRP Card ( Both old and new)
2 photographs
Prepaid self-addressed envelope
Photocopies of all the documents ( front and last page of both passports and all the visa pages)

Please kindly advise of anything else I need to include or missing anything.
Do i need to create Covering letter as well?
Thanks very much.

Kind Regards
Bharat
Hi Bharat Bahi,
Good to know that you have made up your mind to go for SET(LR), that is a hassle free way of getting your ILR.
Regards to your questions I would answer them one by one
1. Your are right about D14, you can give your country of birth, than you can give other details that you have close family like your parents and brothers and sister, or cousins and friends. Take as much space as you want to take. When I applied, at that time this question was not there, but when I was applying for my Mrs FLR(M) this question was in that application, and I simply answer it in the same way I already described, and there were no issues.
2. Regards to the list of documents that you are sending along with your application, they are all in order, every thing is there. Please make sure when you are photocopying the passports to get the pages with your details on, and the pages with visas, and all the pages with entry and exit stamps.
So that is it, just get that application form and get the ball rolling.
If you have a straight forward case than I don't see the point of sending a covering letter along. Covering letters are for complicated cases where they want to explain some thing, I personally didn't send any covering letter and I had no issues. A couple of my friends were like me, having pretty starlight forward cases and they send a covering letter along, and our visas were just weeks apart, so I don't see there covering letter doing any thing extra for them, you know what I mean.
So Bharat Bahi, all the best with your application, my best wishes and prayers be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Dear Brother Shahjee,
Many many thanks for your reply. From next week I’ll will stick with my 20 hrs and won’t do full time. Brother please clear me two things; firstly, as you know I’m under 3d, am I eligible to apply 28 days early? Some solicitor says people who are under 3c/3d they should apply after completion of full 10 yrs. This is not very clear in the policy guidance.
Secondly, I don’t have any driving licence and passport kept by the border agency, how I can sit for the LIUK test?
Thanks for kind co-operation.

Tuhin

rk1506
Newly Registered

Post by rk1506 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi everyone and congratulation to those who got their ilr. Does anyone know which month application are the H/O processing at the moment? Well does everyone will have to go to Liverpool for that interview? Are the processing application quicker now? why is it taking so long to process. Normally how long does it take to hear from them as I submitted my application and documents the last week of May. Can someone please update.

tumbin
Newly Registered

Post by tumbin » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:12 pm

rk1506 wrote:Hi everyone and congratulation to those who got their ilr. Does anyone know which month application are the H/O processing at the moment? Well does everyone will have to go to Liverpool for that interview? Are the processing application quicker now? why is it taking so long to process. Normally how long does it take to hear from them as I submitted my application and documents the last week of May. Can someone please update.
Hello rk1506,
HO are processing March anr April applications. Mainly Aprilapplications as most of March Applications have been dealt with. As a rough guide its taking 16-20 weeks before u hear anything from HO.

I hope it helps.
Regards

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:18 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:Hello Shahji,
After receiving considerable thoughts from you and other friends I have now decided to apply For SET(LR) and being prepared for it I have noticed some little changes to the new updated form in which a question goes like this :

•The country where you were born.

You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.

Country Social cultural or family ties

Then it has further 3 lines to fill.

I am assuming in the first line I will be writing the Country name ( India) and have family Ties. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't know about further 2 lines (what needs to be filled in/or leave it blank/NA). Could you please advise.

And below is the list of documents I will be sending ( please have a look)

Fully filled application form( 7/2014)
Master degree and transcript ( original for English language requirements)
Life in the UK Test Certificate
Passports and BRP Card ( Both old and new)
2 photographs
Prepaid self-addressed envelope
Photocopies of all the documents ( front and last page of both passports and all the visa pages)

Please kindly advise of anything else I need to include or missing anything.
Do i need to create Covering letter as well?
Thanks very much.

Kind Regards
Bharat
Hi Bharat Bahi,
Good to know that you have made up your mind to go for SET(LR), that is a hassle free way of getting your ILR.
Regards to your questions I would answer them one by one
1. Your are right about D14, you can give your country of birth, than you can give other details that you have close family like your parents and brothers and sister, or cousins and friends. Take as much space as you want to take. When I applied, at that time this question was not there, but when I was applying for my Mrs FLR(M) this question was in that application, and I simply answer it in the same way I already described, and there were no issues.
2. Regards to the list of documents that you are sending along with your application, they are all in order, every thing is there. Please make sure when you are photocopying the passports to get the pages with your details on, and the pages with visas, and all the pages with entry and exit stamps.
So that is it, just get that application form and get the ball rolling.
If you have a straight forward case than I don't see the point of sending a covering letter along. Covering letters are for complicated cases where they want to explain some thing, I personally didn't send any covering letter and I had no issues. A couple of my friends were like me, having pretty starlight forward cases and they send a covering letter along, and our visas were just weeks apart, so I don't see there covering letter doing any thing extra for them, you know what I mean.
So Bharat Bahi, all the best with your application, my best wishes and prayers be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Dear Shahji,
Thanks very much for taking time to help me with my question regarding SET(LR) form. Honestly, after discussing matter with I am more confident about the whole process. I have no gaps at all in my visa ( always applied before expiry date. However, I have requested for SAR after reading on this forum just to be on safe side. But regards to the question D14 ( Second or third lines) below;

Do I need to write that I do not hold any other country Nationality AND
I have not lived in any other country for more than 5 Years ( not counting UK i guess) in the D14 2nd and 3rd line. Just want to ensure that I am answering the question in the right way. You said you have filled this section for your MRS form so is it the right way( above) to answer the questions? Please kindly advise.

Also, can I apply for my MRS at the same time or should I wait till I get my ILR? Need advise.

Thanks very much for your all help and support. God bless you my Brother.
Kind Regards
Bharat

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:43 pm

hello Dr. Shahjee
A quick recap review of few questions on set (lr), please check it:
A2: Simply copy same present home address which write at B14 if correspondence address is home.
B14: Same present address as mentioned in A2.
A3: Ignore A3 if sending yourself.
B19: Leave it blank
D14: Simply write in 2-3 lines that parents sister brother friends living in Pakistan.
And payment section circle £1093 not whole £1093-standard. And whether the tick the box means ✔ or ❌ the box.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:29 pm

cool mind wrote:hello Dr. Shahjee

Brother give a break to our highly esteemed Shahjee for asking trivial questions. I have just filled my application and did the following.
A quick recap review of few questions on set (lr), please check it:
A2: Simply copy same present home address which write at B14 if correspondence address is home.
Yes
B14: Same present address as mentioned in A2.
Yes
A3: Ignore A3 if sending yourself.
Yes
B19: Leave it blank
Write "As above"
D14: Simply write in
2-3 lines that parents sister brother friends living in Pakistan.
Yes and also include your current UK ties as you have been living here for more than 5 years.
And payment section circle £1093 not whole £1093-standard. And whether the tick the box means ✔ or ❌ the box.
Just Tick in the box and dont circle it. If you dont tick it HO will not be able to take a payment.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi Tuhin,

I would like to differ here with my Bro shahJee...You can not apply for ILR(Lr) 28 days before the completion of 10 years of lawful residency. As per law you have to live 10 years in the country under immigration laws now when you will apply for ILR you will withdraw your appeal and your law full status under 3c/3d will finish and you still have 28 days to complete 10 years. Although you will vary your application with ILR (lr) but to apply for that u must have completed 10 years. I hope that make sense.

Now for life in UK you can simply write to HO and they will provide you an attested copy of your passport and DVLA. That will solve your problem. Its recommended that you ask your Solicitor to do that for you.

Now there is another problem here when you are under 3c/3d and you vary your application with ILR(lr) your previous status which was a student does not stand any more. Therefore un till you get your new visa you cannot work (Some people may disagree as I couldnt find any thing to prove it). Although HO is not very strict about it but there was member here who was stopped by police while driving cab in london and asked to stop working (police contacted HO) by HO. He was stopped for traffic offence but he ended up with a problem with HO. Although it didnt affect his long residency as he already had 10 yrs in the country and eventually got his visa but he had to stop working for few weeks. He previous status was Tier 1 General.

I hope it will help, I know its a little horror story but thats what i think is correct others may differ. You better Email HO and ask them by explaining your situation. But do not apply 28 days before completion of 10 years.......That can be a fatal mistake as HO is very funny now a days and picking very little things.
Many many thanks for your reply. From next week I’ll will stick with my 20 hrs and won’t do full time. Brother please clear me two things; firstly, as you know I’m under 3d, am I eligible to apply 28 days early? Some solicitor says people who are under 3c/3d they should apply after completion of full 10 yrs. This is not very clear in the policy guidance.
Secondly, I don’t have any driving licence and passport kept by the border agency, how I can sit for the LIUK test?

Tuhin

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:20 am

KashRIz Vai,
Many many thanks for your time and reply. It will really help me.

Kind Regards
Tuhin

KashRIz wrote:Hi Tuhin,

I would like to differ here with my Bro shahJee...You can not apply for ILR(Lr) 28 days before the completion of 10 years of lawful residency. As per law you have to live 10 years in the country under immigration laws now when you will apply for ILR you will withdraw your appeal and your law full status under 3c/3d will finish and you still have 28 days to complete 10 years. Although you will vary your application with ILR (lr) but to apply for that u must have completed 10 years. I hope that make sense.

Now for life in UK you can simply write to HO and they will provide you an attested copy of your passport and DVLA. That will solve your problem. Its recommended that you ask your Solicitor to do that for you.

Now there is another problem here when you are under 3c/3d and you vary your application with ILR(lr) your previous status which was a student does not stand any more. Therefore un till you get your new visa you cannot work (Some people may disagree as I couldnt find any thing to prove it). Although HO is not very strict about it but there was member here who was stopped by police while driving cab in london and asked to stop working (police contacted HO) by HO. He was stopped for traffic offence but he ended up with a problem with HO. Although it didnt affect his long residency as he already had 10 yrs in the country and eventually got his visa but he had to stop working for few weeks. He previous status was Tier 1 General.

I hope it will help, I know its a little horror story but thats what i think is correct others may differ. You better Email HO and ask them by explaining your situation. But do not apply 28 days before completion of 10 years.......That can be a fatal mistake as HO is very funny now a days and picking very little things.

Tuhin

rk1506
Newly Registered

Post by rk1506 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:36 am

Thanks for your response buddy, was just wondering, why are people going for interview in Liverpool? Does every applicant have to do that?

Siko

Post by Siko » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:35 am

rk1506 wrote:Thanks for your response buddy, was just wondering, why are people going for interview in Liverpool? Does every applicant have to do that?
Hi
Depend on case if there is some complication then
They r call for interview every1 is not call for interview
According to my knowledge

Another experience member will give u best answer

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:51 am

rk1506 wrote:Thanks for your response buddy, was just wondering, why are people going for interview in Liverpool? Does every applicant have to do that?
I was called to Liverpool because I took my English test with Learn Pass Succeed who were selling certificates. So all the Home Office are doing, they are simply making sure I actually took the test myself.

If you've done your English test with Learn Pass Succeed, then you may be called for an interview, otherwise Home Office doesn't ask for interview for SET LR.
V

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:14 am

Guys, can anyone advice me please?
I booked an appointment for my wife Flrm in Liverpool on Friday and I have 2 questions:

1. Do I have to make a copy of all my documents like I did for my ILR?

2. For the 6 proof of address with my wife, how long should I show for? Last 6 month? 1 year? 2 years? 5 years?

My wife has been here since 2007.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 am

Hi,

Yes please take copies with you.

For proof of address you should provide for last 2 years. In my case i provided from they day we got together but Two years is what required.

Thanks

Malavan wrote:Guys, can anyone advice me please?
I booked an appointment for my wife Flrm in Liverpool on Friday and I have 2 questions:

1. Do I have to make a copy of all my documents like I did for my ILR?

2. For the 6 proof of address with my wife, how long should I show for? Last 6 month? 1 year? 2 years? 5 years?

My wife has been here since 2007.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:16 am

tanzeela wrote:i entered on 19th sept 2004. please update me about payment taken, acknowledgement and bio letter. we will keep in touch. is that alright to do so?
cheers
@tanzeela yes good idea...

and congrats to all the other members who have recently received their ILR

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:23 am

rk1506 wrote:Hi everyone and congratulation to those who got their ilr. Does anyone know which month application are the H/O processing at the moment? Well does everyone will have to go to Liverpool for that interview? Are the processing application quicker now? why is it taking so long to process. Normally how long does it take to hear from them as I submitted my application and documents the last week of May. Can someone please update.
Can you please share your application timeline?

tsl

Post by tsl » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:17 pm

tanzeela wrote:i entered on 19th sept 2004. please update me about payment taken, acknowledgement and bio letter. we will keep in touch. is that alright to do so?
cheers
fielddrive wrote:
tanzeela wrote:Thanks Shahjee,
I have applied today as 28 days were complete yesterday before 10 years and wait starts from now. Shahjee make dua for me and thanks for quick response u make. according to ur suggestion i have sent pre-paid enevlope as well first time. lets c how long they take in my case.
Shahjee are U ASIAN?
REGARDS
TANZEELA

You've probably entered the UK same time as me and I sent my app yesterday via special delivery showing delivered in Durham today.

hello, icame here 18th sep 2004 ,, im applying in few days ,, cud u plz share if u have submitted any bank statement along with ur application
many tank ,, i make dua for ur application ,,
tsl

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:06 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
fielddrive wrote:
jadoon27 wrote:Hi,

I need some help here.

I came to Uk in September 2004 as a student. My wife came as my dependent in September 2005. Now I am eleigible to apply for ILR under Long Residence (10 Years). The issue is my wife spent 9 years in this country and her leave expires next month and I dont know how to extend her visa as she only needs 1 more year to complete 10 years. We have got two sons ( 7 1/2 and 4 1/2) born in this country as well. Is there any other category for discretionay leave to avail? So can you kindly guide me in this regard to apply for the extension of my wife.

Thanks

Yasir
Dear Yasir,

Please apply for FLR(M) at the same time as you apply for your SET(LR) and in a covering letter ask them to decide your wife's application after your own. This is standard practice. You will probably get a 2.5 year visa for your wife. Next year, go through SET(LR) and bob's your uncle
Hi Yasir,
I agree with Fielddrive in regards to your Mrs situation, but want to add up to that to complete the answer to your question. You mentioned that you have two sons who are born in this country, so please mention them and give their details in your wife's FLR(M) application, but if you note on page 16 they are asking about the name of each child and than the next question they asking is Is this child applying with you ? please answer No to that, as they will be applying for registration as British Citizens by virtue of being born in UK, but that is once once you receive your ILR INSHALLAH. You must be thinking that they might become illegal when their visa expires, so don't worry about that, it is pretty normal scenario and will not effect their registration as British Citizen through MN1 form.
I wish you all the best dear.
Kind regards
Shahjee

With more than due respect shahjee and fielddrive but i disagree with the form i think he should apply through FLR O for his wife and request for hold, if he can not fulfill the requirement of finance.
Applying through FLR O. he got a very strong reason (UK born school going childs)

If he applies FLR M they will go into immigration rules and refuse but in FLR O is out of immigration rules and depends on personal circumstances.

May be you are right i just gave my opinion.

Thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:10 pm

tsl wrote: hello, icame here 18th sep 2004 ,, im applying in few days ,, cud u plz share if u have submitted any bank statement along with ur application
many tank ,, i make dua for ur application ,,
tsl

hi @tsl
first of all thanks for the dua. yea same here i entered on the 18th myself so that means you're now eligible to apply. as I had all the passports covering my stay in the UK, i did not submit any bank statements of other proof. I did submit copies of my previous BRPs (i lost one on a trip in Malaysia) to aid in the process although it wasnt necessary.
good luck with your application and let us know when you intend to apply.

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi everyone
congrats to all of those who got there visa recently and my prayers are with all of those who are waiting.

KashRiz bro how are you long time u been missing sorry to hear that ur misses Flr(M) visa was for 2.5 years,although it's pain but on good side she can get her ILR in 2016.

Regards

ChMoz
Newly Registered

Post by ChMoz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi Everyone,
Is there anyone who is waiting applied in march 14 , or first week of April ? :?:

As I ve applied 29th March 14.

And my friends who have been called for an interview, how long after the applied date was it? :?:

Advance Thanks all of you for your replies !

ChMoz
Newly Registered

Post by ChMoz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:13 pm

ChMoz wrote:Hi Everyone,
Is there anyone who is waiting applied in march 14 , or first week of April ? :?:

As I ve applied 29th March 14.

And my friends who have been called for an interview, how long after the applied date was it? :?:

Advance Thanks all of you for your replies !
I'm still waiting for decision !!!!

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Hey Nasir.....good man Yea I have been away on holiday and had break. Hows you man, yea Mrs got stuck into Flr(m) but now cant do much have to wait. Hows you any way...
NasirNNN wrote:Hi everyone
congrats to all of those who got there visa recently and my prayers are with all of those who are waiting.

KashRiz bro how are you long time u been missing sorry to hear that ur misses Flr(M) visa was for 2.5 years,although it's pain but on good side she can get her ILR in 2016.

Regards